User Tag List

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2233Likes

Thread: December 2016 Frugal Chatter thread (all welcome)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh wow has life been insane. Feel like I cannot get caught up.

Freezers are open at your own risk right now, all 3 need to be cleaned out and organized but well time just is not on my side these days.

I have taken on too many Christmas projects, I have done a Deadpool logo for sis, 3/4 done a Raiders logo for bro 2, have to start a Raven logo for bro 1 and a Dora for cousin's little girl.

I am also not done my shopping as we are having huge issues at home with parking. We park in a parking lot and each house gets 1 spot plus we have visitor parking which is where I park. But we now have at least 3 houses renting out rooms and needless to say all of the renters are taking up all of the spots. As well a couple of people have gotten new cars and just parked their old ones in visitor so there is no parking which means if I do not get home by 4:30 I have no where to park and I cannot go out on nights or weekends or I lose my spot and have no where to park. Needless to say our property management fully knows how I feel as it says right in my declarations that our units are single family homes and no renting unless to a single family. We have 1 unit right now with 4 cars, another with 3 and now one unit has 1 person who drives but has 3 cars. Plus someone new moved in on the weekend and the rumor is they have at least 3 cars if not more both people living there have a car plus one drives a company car. Oh how I miss having a drive way.

Well back to work, I am learning AR this week so fun times.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -good that you have got management company's attention on the matter. With the snow coming in dribs and drabs, everyone will want parking. Just hope it does not take 60 days to get the renters going or having the landlords pay up to fix the problem of too many cars. Maybe it's time for parking permits to residents to park in the lot. Some towing company could be making $$$ hay with that.
    AR-math & people holding on to their payments...but some of them are quite decent when they are called about it (like when I used to make collection calls and found out their policy of days started when they got the invoices in the office by mail, not actual date of invoice-there goes the store AR policy; sometimes certain folks needed to hear the boss make the call to get the cheques out). Others, not so much.
    @Andit -your pop-ins and posts are always welcome. Virtual hugs from the SC bunch here.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Dec 6th, 2016 at 02:09 PM.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's almost quitting time! And off till Friday now. Worked through my lunch today to make sure I completed something before I left and ended up having some time to spare. I should beat DS home but will make a stop at Food Basics to grab the sour cream on sale .99 (less .50 cent coupon) Will have tacos, nachos, perogies etc in the next month!

Have some laundry to put away so that will be 1st on my list tonight once I get dinner on the table.
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @lizzie bargain thanks for the feedback. Can you clarify which uses more gas per mileage The Juke or The Murano, The murano is larger than the Juke that's why I'm asking ?
    @jasperandchar : This is the document I used to look up cars when we were buying our car years ago. Natural Resources rates cars each year and then we look at the Consumer Reports for car history and reliability.

http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/effici...ks/buying/7487
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ Frugalbigmama What 50c sour cream coupons are you talking about?
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @ Frugalbigmama What 50c sour cream coupons are you talking about?
    @Angela273 : They're $0.50 off any Gay Lea sour cream. It has a good expiry date too, June 1, 2017.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

off to Toronto with my son and ashlyn to see my daughter and Sebastian -yippee I just saw him 5 days ago (love seeing my grandson ) I decided to treat both my grown kids and ashlyn for brunch/or lunch
    -I asked son if I could go to help with ashlyn -getting her to the toilet so she has no accidents
    -yesterday when I babysat we took her to mcdonalds treated her to pancakes -hubby watched her so I could run into the bank and the LCBO (oh and she was afraid of the kiddie slide ,why as she went down it so many times the past few months -I think she is afraid of shadows now -its something how toddlers have little fears

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well it is currently -35 with the wind chill and it has been this cold since Monday and there isn't a break in the cold for quite a few days. I am so glad the bulk of my Christmas errands are done, going outside is no fun at all. On the upside I always make large ice candles to sit on my front porch at Christmas and it was a fast process with the cold!!
    I made and about 100 homemade turtles and dipped them all in the milk chocolate, that is all I was going to make but I got two phone calls with people requesting a few dozen, I don't usually sell my baking but will do it for these people, one was a friend of my son's and he wanted to give them to his mom for Christmas so I told him if he bought the pecans and helped me dip them we could do it on the weekend!! I was at Independant yesterday and they wanted 29.99 for a 1 kg bag, I think I will bring my son and daughter to bulk barn and buy smaller amounts and each use the 3.00 coupon.
    I have to track down a purolater package, I had ordered two things from Bass Pro and only one was delivered, but they are both showing as delivered since Monday so I have a feeling there was a mix up somewhere. I am glad the expensive item made it and it is just a 14.99 item but it just means a bit of a loss but if it doesn't show I will be back at the drawing board for a stocking stuffer for my husband which involves shopping again.
    I am doing toy shopping for the Salvation Army this year, they had two Seniors do it last year and while they appreciated the effort the toys they chose just weren't close to some of the wish lists. I will also help assemble hampers for a couple of days. I am excited about helping out but I really want all my Christmas stuff done before Monday. We will brave the cold and pick out a tree tomorrow evening and hopefully have it up and decorated on Friday. I have my granddaughters band Christmas concert tonight which I always look forward to but I am anticipating a very cold vehicle when it is over !!!
    Enjoy the day everyone!
    Sweet Sparrow I hope you are feeling as good as possible, I remember how uncomfortable those last few weeks are!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, Dec 7th, 2016 at 12:24 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

New PC Plus offer. 5,000pts wub $10 in goldfish crackers or Campbell's chunky soups. There are 50c rebates on Caddle and CO51.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Dec 7th, 2016 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Typo
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    off to Toronto with my son and ashlyn to see my daughter and Sebastian -yippee I just saw him 5 days ago (love seeing my grandson ) I decided to treat both my grown kids and ashlyn for brunch/or lunch
    -I asked son if I could go to help with ashlyn -getting her to the toilet so she has no accidents
    -yesterday when I babysat we took her to mcdonalds treated her to pancakes -hubby watched her so I could run into the bank and the LCBO (oh and she was afraid of the kiddie slide ,why as she went down it so many times the past few months -I think she is afraid of shadows now -its something how toddlers have little fears
    And the grandmother of the year award goes to coupon girl!!!!!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Last week, I glanced over the flyers and didn't see anything interesting. Ditto this week. That leaves time for any remaining Christmas errands or for giving birth! Laundry will probably use up quite a bit of time. I've been checking water consumption and it's crazy the years after LO!

Now if only I could have an entire year of it while on leave so I wouldn't be tempted to leave the house! I'm sure I will be, just to take a small break from it all, but it would be nice to ignore the sales until I can leave the house for more than an hour or so, and not worry about missing anything we needed to get because there was a sale and the shelf is empty.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Been a productive day so far. Walked the dog while I walked DS to school. Cleaned up the spare room a bit. Posted a bunch of stuff for sale. Have a pick up now $8 and pending $6 and $2. I have started my new summer fun jar so money will be going in there for now. Went to laundry mat and did whites and darks. All folded and ready to put away. Just made myself a quick lunch. Need to pull stuff for dinner still!!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Sweet Sparrow I hope you are feeling as good as possible, I remember how uncomfortable those last few weeks are!!
    @thriftygranny : Thank you, just trying to hang in there. I'm feeling unbearably itchy and the doctor said it was due to the massive stretching that comes with the final stage of pregnancy. My mother will be coming up this weekend to watch over LO while I attend the last of the medical appointments as I head into the 40th week. I'm slightly concerned as LO weighs well over 36 lbs and is slightly over 3 years. Mom will not be able to do all the things such as diaper changes for naptime or lift her onto the potty. Most places, LO can pull up a chair herself or use her stools to give herself a boost. If she starts running up the stairs or something she's not supposed to do, there's no way my 82 year old mom can keep up!

I will also be walking to my appointments which are at least one and a half city blocks away, unless it is slippery, as I feel quite stiff and sore from lack of exercise. We'll see if it can be managed...

Sleep is still an issue with me needing at least four pillows to even feel half comfortable. It's just one small baby, but my joints are in such pain and I've gained so much weight. I'm looking forward to being able to do things like tie my shoes or put on my own socks again. I'm going to have to enlist some help on how to lose 30% of my body weight after this! Now the big question is how timely this baby is going to be!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

If You are breastfeeding that weight will come off.Combine that with running a household caring for two children under 3 you will be back in form soon enough!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow thank you for the link

take care of yourself, I would be doing a massive shop before your new LO arrives as who knows when you will be able to sneak away alone or venture out with the 2 kiddos.
    @thriftygranny baby it's cold outside.....wowzers, hope it gets a tad warmer soon. I don't know if you have a Costco near you but you can get a massive bag of pecans for like $20, just a thought. Very kind of you to help your son's friend with his mom's gift.

Well well well, my amazon.ca order arrived and they sent me the wrong item......grr....after 4 scams, 1 damaged item and now wrong item. To them it's not a big deal BUT to me it's such a hassle and inconvenient, #1 I don't have a printer to print a return label and #2 I then have to ship item back and wait for them to process the return and refund which will be after Christmas. I've made up my mind that I will just order new towels to use up my gift cards (used pc points to get the gcs) and won't be shopping from amazon.ca going forward after this Christmas' shopping I'm really turned off.

So I still once again am not done my gift purchases after the latest set back with my recent order....feeling really bumbed out to be completely honest....oh well small problem compared to others.

Supper tonight is sausages on the bbq. Dh's truck is scheduled tomorrow for some maintenance, the funds are set aside so don't need to worry about that, thankfully.

I'm excited to get back some sdm points due to the fact that I redeemed on the spend your points events...I'm am counting down to the 12th as my grocery budget this month is quite slim and I'm depending on doing the bulk of my grocery shopping at sdm to keep me on track.

DH and I both sat down in November and did the December budget as I find when he sits down he's more accountable and as I like to say he follows the rules (haha). He did not account for certain things in the December budget so I'll be helping him cut his hair this weekend. We used to do this for many years but the last year he just finds it easier to zip into First Choice for a haircut but they use the clippers so heck we can do that here....win win....AND he's being accountable and following the rules .

ON another and happier note, I have not disclosed to dh how much I have managed to save up in 2016 AND truthfully I don't want to as I think he will think we can loosen the purse strings and not budget as tightly as we are. BUT I budget the way I do so that we can save all year long and still live well within our means.
    So does anyone else not disclose certain "good financial" news to their significant other for 1 reason or another?.
    I know dh so well that I know this will change the way he thinks, after 21 years of being married BUT a total of 26 years together I know him so well and don't want to announce the # saved.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & evening.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information