User Tag List

Page 1684 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 684 1184 1584 1634 1674 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 LastLast
Results 25,246 to 25,260 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Oh.... my... hoping things get better for him now!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh good heavens, @lecale!! Thank goodness it wasn't more serious..not that it wasn't, but it could have developed into something very nasty! I hope little macho man is recovering nicely..

Why did I type that?! Now I have the song, "Macho, Macho Man" earworm!!

For your Hubby.....

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Dec 30th, 2016 at 07:04 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I love how my Newfie neighbour describes him when he gets this stubborn: he calls him "contrary" (which means disagreeable) and "a hard scoot" (which is the opposite of a smooth ride). It's like debating the Flat Earth Society sometimes with him...

It's his birthday and he must be feeling better because he asked for a sponge bath with a , !

I think he is going to have to content himself with Murder She Wrote reruns, though.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Big night for me new years eve lol. I had enough points for a free med pizza from dominos so I pre ordered. 1 free med pizza, 2 - 2 litre pop with delivery charge and tax comes to $9.58. Party time lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I love how my Newfie neighbour describes him when he gets this stubborn: he calls him "contrary" (which means disagreeable) and "a hard scoot" (which is the opposite of a smooth ride). It's like debating the Flat Earth Society sometimes with him...

It's his birthday and he must be feeling better because he asked for a sponge bath with a , !

I think he is going to have to content himself with Murder She Wrote reruns, though.
    im Newfie to when we say someone is contrary .. that means their pissed off about something that happen to them .. lol
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Saw a facebook post from a local wing place that is only open weekends about their new years eve party for $10. They say it includes party favors and a midnight pizza buffet from dominos. Ummm why is a wing restaurant getting food from dominos lol. Yup, lets go to the wing place to have dominos pizza.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    im Newfie to when we say someone is contrary .. that means their pissed off about something that happen to them .. lol
    Newfies are the 2nd largest "immigrant" population here and I love my Newfies. I couldn't damn well understand a word his wife said for the first year, her accent is so thick and her vocabulary so different. D and I spent long nights debating the true meaning of "in the concept" lol. I am sort of getting it now. Still...

I'll go to the store for her and she'll say what she needs in Newfie...and I'll confirm that in English...and she'll confirm back in Newfie...and I just gotta say it in English again to make sure we are on the same page. lol I'm bad!

Phenomenal community. Just adore the culture.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Newfies are the 2nd largest "immigrant" population here and I love my Newfies. I couldn't damn well understand a word his wife said for the first year, her accent is so thick and her vocabulary so different. D and I spent long nights debating the true meaning of "in the concept" lol. I am sort of getting it now. Still...

I'll go to the store for her and she'll say what she needs in Newfie...and I'll confirm that in English...and she'll confirm back in Newfie...and I just gotta say it in English again to make sure we are on the same page. lol I'm bad!

Phenomenal community. Just adore the culture.
    yes !! We have our own vocabulary .. people don't understand us lol .. different communities in Newfoundland .. say different words and how they pronounce them ... I know I'm terrible when I'm talking with people.. I use Newfie vocabulary alot.. I lived in Ontario for 5 years .. My Boss always chat with me .. just listen to my Newfie slang words ... he loved it .. when I came back to Newfoundland.. he called said he missed our chats and my vocabulary .. lol

Happy New Year Lecale.. take good care yourself
    22hicks, lecale, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So strange, @lecale, we've always said, "Oh, he/she can be so contrary sometimes!"...and not a Newfie in sight, unfortunately! I love the way they speak, not that I'd understand it all, but it just sounds so down home, good 'ol country speak!!

As for your DH's being subjected to Murder She Wrote, I had to laugh...I've always got them pvr'd and watch them with DH while he's concentrating on his Kakuro...

As for your Hubby, I don't think he deserves any {{{ahem}}} after putting up such a fuss about not having his injury looked after sooner!

@cabmonk....we'll be babysitting two boys, age 8 (our GS) and his friend, age 10 for New Year's Eve...wanna trade?!
    Actually...we have movies and snacks for them afterwhich they'll probably bury their noses in their ipads for the rest of the evening. They're SO no trouble at all!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Dec 30th, 2016 at 10:39 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    yes !! We have our own vocabulary .. people don't understand us lol .. different communities in Newfoundland .. say different words and how they pronounce them ... I know I'm terrible when I'm talking with people.. I use Newfie vocabulary alot.. I lived in Ontario for 5 years .. My Boss always chat with me .. just listen to my Newfie slang words ... he loved it .. when I came back to Newfoundland.. he called said he missed our chats and my vocabulary .. lol

Happy New Year Lecale.. take good care yourself
    Now THAT I believe!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think it's time for a wee scotch before bed...my Michigan team is losing against the Seminoles anyway..
    I shall drown my sorrows...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To All My Wonderful Friends at Smartcanucks.. I would like take second of your time ...wish you all Happy New Year !!! PLEASE .. dear friends take extra care yourselfs .. I pray everyone have good health in 2017 .. have marvellous nite if your out celebrating.. PLEASE DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!!! Take care and GOD BLESS you all
    22hicks, Lynn49, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

No Lynn that's fine lol and I'm not complaining I'm actually looking forward to me free pizza. Did I mention it was free lol.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday! Got a nice dump of snow yesterday.

22hicks, Lynn49, dededi and 1 others like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning all.

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 162
Size:  14.0 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, dededi and 1 others like this.

Thread Information