User Tag List

Page 159 of 193 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The family " might " forgive me even though I DID NOTHING WRONG!!
    I was simply deleting the 7 small clips I had recorded from the Leafs game last night ( I record the replays of half decent fights, hard hits, goals, for my DH to watch )
    However, since they lost last night, I was getting rid of them.
    The same way I delete all my shows and recorded things I've watched already.

I hit the show title and then click " edit ", press select all, then select delete, then as usual the machine says " are ya sure ya wanna delete all these items ?"
    I clicked YES.....
    but the screen freezes....hmmm, I press yes a few times more, nothing happens so I turned the tv off.
    ( my remedy for everything computery related )
    I turn it back on and to my horror EVERY single thing the 4 of us had is gone!!
    ( btw the other 3 people here have not yet watched some of their shows yet )

This is major! I mean I can live with the loss of never seeing the missed episodes of Riverdale, Empire, or many other things I had in there, but poor DH, ALL his Three Stooges stuff, his nature documentaries, his favourite Art show! All deleted!
    Poor DD, she never really has time and only occasionally catches up on the various Series that we've all seen.

I wanted to cry, but I know I did not do this! The machine messed up somehow.
    sigh.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

As of Monday April 17 Bulk Barn is going to start charging for their carry out bags. Wah! I liked their bags - they were strong!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupongirl99 View Post
    As of Monday April 17 Bulk Barn is going to start charging for their carry out bags. Wah! I liked their bags - they were strong!
    Hope the store does not change their bags to the flimsier plastic as most stores have done. Or that means more work for us as customers. I'm sure one day someone will try to carry flour without a clear bag and say just weigh what I am holding in my hands.
    Newfiescreech and GoJays like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Screaming Kitchen Productions presents: The One Baker in the Kitchen Zone-Easter Edition

Scene 1: Baker clears and cleans countertop and begins work on dough for loaf. Get dough kneaded and put into greased bowl for rising (covered). Moves to get batter made for brownies-gets almost to batter ready to pour into prepared pan and DRAMA ensues when one parent will not stay out of the kitchen when baker says "wait 10 more minutes and I'll be done."

Fill in the blanks on your own. The brownies did not turn out too well; loaf did even though top braid listed to one side while baking (but not during rise #2). I will not make a third baked item nor dye eggs. Major sugar consumption is expected on the weekend (helped by Pepsi Wild Cherry pop).

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Dough for hot cross buns is currently rising in the oven. The problem? I forgot to double the recipe. I need more than 12 buns for a minimum of 8 people. Now I have to go back to the Bulk Barn for more mixed fruit, however, I can't til later tonight. Easter is being celebrated tomorrow rather than Sunday. Hopefully, I will have time tomorrow to make more buns.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

People in my house know better than to come anywhere near the kitchen when I am in holiday baking mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Screaming Kitchen Productions presents: The One Baker in the Kitchen Zone-Easter Edition

Scene 1: Baker clears and cleans countertop and begins work on dough for loaf. Get dough kneaded and put into greased bowl for rising (covered). Moves to get batter made for brownies-gets almost to batter ready to pour into prepared pan and DRAMA ensues when one parent will not stay out of the kitchen when baker says "wait 10 more minutes and I'll be done."

Fill in the blanks on your own. The brownies did not turn out too well; loaf did even though top braid listed to one side while baking (but not during rise #2). I will not make a third baked item nor dye eggs. Major sugar consumption is expected on the weekend (helped by Pepsi Wild Cherry pop).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

I totally thought this story was going to end with, and I used flour from Costco and it was recalled.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@nicolthepickle -I did use flour from the 10kg Robin Hood bag and when the first recall came out, I checked the bag's date and production code and it's not affected. Or I will find out on Sunday if there are any issues with the baking.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@nicolthepickle -I did use flour from the 10kg Robin Hood bag and when the first recall came out, I checked the bag's date and production code and it's not affected. Or I will find out on Sunday if there are any issues with the baking.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    The family " might " forgive me even though I DID NOTHING WRONG!!
    I was simply deleting the 7 small clips I had recorded from the Leafs game last night ( I record the replays of half decent fights, hard hits, goals, for my DH to watch )
    However, since they lost last night, I was getting rid of them.
    The same way I delete all my shows and recorded things I've watched already.

I hit the show title and then click " edit ", press select all, then select delete, then as usual the machine says " are ya sure ya wanna delete all these items ?"
    I clicked YES.....
    but the screen freezes....hmmm, I press yes a few times more, nothing happens so I turned the tv off.
    ( my remedy for everything computery related )
    I turn it back on and to my horror EVERY single thing the 4 of us had is gone!!
    ( btw the other 3 people here have not yet watched some of their shows yet )

This is major! I mean I can live with the loss of never seeing the missed episodes of Riverdale, Empire, or many other things I had in there, but poor DH, ALL his Three Stooges stuff, his nature documentaries, his favourite Art show! All deleted!
    Poor DD, she never really has time and only occasionally catches up on the various Series that we've all seen.

I wanted to cry, but I know I did not do this! The machine messed up somehow.
    sigh.

OH MY Gawd!!!!

It happened again!! Last night, but I was no where near the tv or the pvr.
    DH came up to bed and said one minute they were all there ( shows we had recorded ) and then "poof " they were gone!
    What is going on??
    I have no idea how I will ever catch up on Empire now!!
    I had just recorded WarCraft too for my son, lucky there was another listing so I have set that up to record once again.

GRRRRR!!!
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and wolfwoman like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

OH MY Gawd!!!!

DH came up to bed and said one minute they were all there ( shows we had recorded ) and then "poof " they were gone!
    What is going on??
    I had just recorded WarCraft too for my son, lucky there was another listing so I have set that up to record once again.

GRRRRR!!!
    Probably a malfunctioning piece of electronic inside the unit or maybe there is corrosion somewhere? Sibling's dvd player (non Blueray) had a recurring issue with recording and also the clock but I recall it was an older model on sale that someone had returned so those issues were part of the deal.

Is your unit under some warranty or can someone at home MacGyver a repair attempt? Maybe the drive is compromised or the read/write head has an issue. Suggest you visit Youtube and type in your PVR brand model and see what videos come up or find a forum dealing with your tv provider to see who else has had your PVR woes.

Last night, I heard sibling's laptop rev up. Sometimes when I jiggle the wooden table downstairs, the movement brushes a cord or cable. I did not know he had left his unit on standby but it has the eerie habit of sounding like it's starting up and no one had used that unit.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I accidentally threw out a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon - part of a beloved and much used measuring set (spoons and cups). Sigh...
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, May 7th, 2017 at 12:43 AM.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ I can relate - when I threw out the last bag of flour, I forgot to take out the 'perfect' 1 cup measuring cup which was in it!
    Newfiescreech and Silk like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OH MY Gawd!!!!
    What is going on??

GRRRRR!!!
    Is your PVR supplied by your service provider? Speaking from experience with Bell, if you make any 'major' changes to your account, they do a RESET on everything, and that includes your registration to your services (TV included). (egL If you sign up for a new promotion, have your account 'saved' from cancellation via the retentions team, etc) Even if you call to cancel your home phone but want to keep TV and internet, they do a RESET on your account. -- even if the request had NOTHING to do with your TV. Because your package/bundle changed, that apparently constitutes a reset on your account.

That registration "reset" removes all of your licenses to the shows you recorded, and resets you back to zero When your PVR reboots (sometimes immediately, sometimes several hours later) the recordings list gets wiped. It happens pretty much every time you make a major change to your account. It's foolish, but it happens. and the SELDOM warn you about this.

I have even seen it happen when your promotion period ends, and you just get stepped up to the "normal" pricing package.

That being said, if THEY goofed on the back-end and did an unsolicited reset on your account, then the same thing could have happened. But what are you going to do? Neither you nor they can bring back what is deleted. I dont know if other providers operate like this, but Bell does for sure. It's enough to piss one off and cancel their service.

It makes one wonder how they survive when the other "illegitimate" forms of content viewing are ACTUALLY more reliable.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ I can relate - when I threw out the last bag of flour, I forgot to take out the 'perfect' 1 cup measuring cup which was in it!
    Don't you just hate that?

I'm trying to console myself by saying at least a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon is easy to replace, not like the 1/8 tsp, 1/16 tsp, and 1/32 tsp in the rest of the set - cutely marked *dash*, *pinch*, and *smidgen* respectively

On the other hand, the 1/2 tsp is used much more often

I do have a second set (it only goes up to 1/4 tsp) but it's handy to have doubles.
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, May 8th, 2017 at 05:18 AM.

Page 159 of 193 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 ... LastLast

Thread Information