User Tag List

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well our eavestrough needed fixed as it was half hanging off (banging everytime we had high winds too)-I sure didn't want to climb a ladder 25 feet up either since my fall this winter and hubby is afraid of the how high it was -good news he asked to workers that were working on a house nearby if they could come and look at our problem ,they came and fixed it and hubby went to pay them no thank you they said and gave us their card -wow nice deed of the day
    That is so amazing of them to do!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Yesterday was sleep in day so thinking I better get up. Laundry to do and hang out to dry in the sunshine. A drive with my honey later. We went to No Frills yesterday for the Palmolive dish soap. On for 1.77. Used .50 cent off coupons and pc pts offer. Bought 10 so we are stocked up for awhile (remember the free Palmolive offer when pc pts started? I stocked us up for years with that and just ran out not long ago. I do use too much soap as my man says lol)
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The SC Blog has posted a link to a $2 off KD coupon that will work great with the No Frills sale this week. The coupon expires in August.

If anyone one would like some 50c off Driscoll's berry coupons, please pm me your email address so that I can forward some to you.

edit: The Driscoll coupons have been ROAKed.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Apr 25th, 2017 at 09:18 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a $3 pickup yesterday. I am continuing to get some daycare inquiries. I need to update my advertisements around town. We're hoping to have our first garage sale on Saturday. We have a lot of stuff out in the shed, especially since we are done having children.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl very kind of the company to not charge but great pr for them
    @lilo0003 glad you splurged on yourself as you never do and I know you are probably still questioning it but don't, you do so much for all your family & friends in various ways but don't always treat yourself. So I'm happy for you.

Also do a google search or call CRA because I believe if you renovate you can submit your expenses and get the GST back. We did this several years ago so hopefully it's still in effect. Well worth the time to investigate.

Morning everyone,

Glad to have the house back to myself (haha). The 2nd load is in the washer, will hang when finished. And will toss in the last load for the day. They are forecasting rain tomorrow so trying to catch up on what needs to be washed.

Supper tonight is sweet n' sour chicken.

I've changed my grocery shopping model for the next month (4 weeks). My plan is to shop or send dh to stock up on meat primarily this next month.

The reason to my madness is that we
    1. Need to stock up on meat
    2. If I allow $10 for meat per day which is not what we normally spend @ 31 days = $310 for stock up of meats
    3. That still allows a large portion for other stock-ups for the next month as pantry items
    4. I normally find by week 3 I am completely wiped out of my grocery budget and can't take advantage of the meat sales and let's face it we are a family of meat eaters

So tonight dh is going to FB to stock up on lean ground beef family packs at $2.88lbs and tomorrow I am sending him to Independent grocers to stockup on pork side ribs at $1.88lbs and $5 drumsticks packages. So that wil be a good starting point on our meat stockup for the month. Fingers crossed both stores have the mentioned meats, I will advise dh to get a rain cheque at Independent grocers if they are sold out

Yesterday dh & I went to A bird auction (chickens, ducks, geese, guineas++++) we didn't buy anything as we are not quite ready yet. But we were able to talk to 3 individuals that gave us priceless information that you can only get form experience. Dh was quite amazed at my chicken knowledge . I always do tons of research before I embark on new ventures this way I know what to expect or in this case what breeds I want.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Morning! Yesterday was sleep in day so thinking I better get up. Laundry to do and hang out to dry in the sunshine. A drive with my honey later. We went to No Frills yesterday for the Palmolive dish soap. On for 1.77. Used .50 cent off coupons and pc pts offer. Bought 10 so we are stocked up for awhile (remember the free Palmolive offer when pc pts started? I stocked us up for years with that and just ran out not long ago. I do use too much soap as my man says lol)
    It's something you use everyday so why not (lol)
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am so jealous Jasperandchar! I wish I was home today so I could do some laundry and hang it out to dry in the sunshine. So nice today! I only did 3 loads yesterday and have more to do! Oh well I guess we will live (I just love having it all done but then again we are truly never done all the laundry... maybe for 30 mins!)

Finally spoke to my tax girl and know my refund. Best yet (I put tons in my RRSP last year) Not sure my route this year. Refund will replenish accounts I borrowed from (Christmas/house/car insurance etc) Better then touching savings accounts since these are planned savings etc and I know I would replenish quickly.
    Thinking May will be a "Hardly spend month" Going to really focus on the house and only buy fresh groceries. Need to get posting junk for sale. Tonight I will work on the spare room and post stuff for sure. But a garage sale is in our future for sure. Just have to bite the bullet and do it even though I dislike having them!

Breakfast today was cereal that has been sitting in my desk lol, a yogurt and I have an apple. Tonight I will make oatmeal for tomorrow. Someone called in sick so my honey will be working later then normal so simple dinner is the plan tonight since he will be gone. Which I welcome. We have eaten lots this weekend! DS starts summer hockey tomorrow night so I am taking him to Costco after and he can have the chicken strip basket for dinner and I can shop. Haven't been there in a long while.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    It's something you use everyday so why not (lol)
    Exactly. Have to take advantage of it when it is on sale, coupon and pc pts. Doesn't line up too often (the coupons expired Sunday so I was lucky I made sure to dig them out on Saturday!)
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I put a load of laundry on when I went home at lunch. It wasn't done before I left so I will hang it out to dry as soon as I get home. My backyard gets the end of day sun so it should have plenty of time to dry.

Tomorrow is garbage day so I will get everything ready tonight. Will encourage me to toss some junk since I know I have lots of room in the garbage bin.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

@ SassyAshley that is super weird with the diapers! I have gotten the odd baby thing free, either for baskets for expecting moms or gets donated, why keep them? I agree about extreme couponing, but sometimes I watched extreme cheapskates and wondered why they weren't couponing! (like maybe you wouldn't reuse those paper towels if you got them free)

Anyway, today's dinner was fish, trying to use up everything in my big freezer and stockpile. My big freezer is almost completely empty!
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avrose View Post
    @ SassyAshley that is super weird with the diapers! I have gotten the odd baby thing free, either for baskets for expecting moms or gets donated, why keep them? I agree about extreme couponing, but sometimes I watched extreme cheapskates and wondered why they weren't couponing! (like maybe you wouldn't reuse those paper towels if you got them free)

Anyway, today's dinner was fish, trying to use up everything in my big freezer and stockpile. My big freezer is almost completely empty!
    we are doing the eating from the pantry, big kitchen reno coming and the less stuff we have the easier it will be. it makes me a little nervous to not have the extra on hand but I will be glad to not have to store it when the demo occurs.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Beautiful now but expecting rain. Oh well, get it over with and give us a nice weekend! Elmvale Maple Syrup Festival is on Saturday. Last year it was so warm out and so busy! We plan to go when it starts so hopefully we will beat the mid-afternoon crowd. Sunday my niece is in a dance recital lol. She isn't even 3 yet but was in it last year too. Can't wait to see it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My neighbour called me Saturday morning, in desperate need of help. She thought she had appendicitis and needed to get to the hospital. Her sister had just arrived to drive her, but her dad was fiddling so I headed straight over to help with her children. It turns out that she has kidney stones, so she was admitted for testing and treatment. I checked in with her by text and was able to visit her in the evening. She is still in hospital and family is caring for her children.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My neighbour called me Saturday morning, in desperate need of help. She thought she had appendicitis and needed to get to the hospital. Her sister had just arrived to drive her, but her dad was fiddling so I headed straight over to help with her children. It turns out that she has kidney stones, so she was admitted for testing and treatment. I checked in with her by text and was able to visit her in the evening. She is still in hospital and family is caring for her children.
    You are a true friend to a friend in need, @Angela _273 ! Think she'll have to determine how much calcium she has in her diet or increase magnesium intake to prevent a repeat occurrence. Could be a dehydration issue too. I wish her a fast recovery.
    @jasperandchar -think there is a home reno credit still for homeowners doing updates to age in place safely (rails, safer walkways, lowfloor shower areas) or for a family member that has a disability (widening doorways for wheelchairs, changing counter heights, accessible bathrooms). http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/t...8/398-eng.html

After returning books to the Burlington library on Monday morning, I popped over to the cherry trees at the Spencer Smith park-such full and fragrant blosssoms but the wind was making work of felling them too. Not sure what will be left after today's rains. Other persons were admiring the flowers as well. I usually miss the floral show so was glad my timing in 2017 was spot-on!

Did some grocery shopping yesterday to use coupons. Noticed the Barilla pasta coupon pads are long gone from Fortinos so I used the two I had taken a week ago to buy two boxes (88 cents each)at Food Basics plus used my Save.ca Whiskas FPC-90 cents out of pocket. Cat food went to someone caring for cats. Canadian Tire has $1 Colgate toothpaste on sale-used the $1 off coupon from P&G Brandsampler and paid 15 cents in CT money to cover the taxes for the one tube.
    Wish I remembered that I needed cooking oil while shopping yesterday; today I separated eggs for a chiffon cake (will make a chocolate one) and it's raining-but will make a trip for the sunflower oil soon.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

So true Lilo, weird not having extra but you realize how much you have! I also found several blank pink 30% stickers that fell off stuff. haha
    Today I went to pick up cheques from a couple radio station wins so budgeting that out. I kept $100 out to spend but didn't spend much, trying to focus more on need vs. want. Also trying to have less stuff in my house!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information