User Tag List

Page 243 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 293 343 743 1243 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Purdee welcome to this thread
    22hicks, cabmonk and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Oh, some good news, I have a new car. Well, it's not new, but much newer than mine.It's a hard-top convertible. I'll post more pics when I get a chance. Here's one from the ad.
    What a nice car @22hicks
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

reading back a bit, glad to see your swelling feet have improved greatly in time for your trip @flemeth .Have a great time.

The usual start to the day around here, food bucket and recycling pick up, dropping DD to work, the fun never ends.
    My fellows liked the borscht enough that they are both taking a big bowl of it with a sandwich for their work meals.

I actually was not planning on eating any of this batch because I had added leftover this and that to it, one of which was the extra gravy ( the canned kind ) from the veal stew and I had used a regular carton of broth ( for shame! there wasn't any No Salt Added ones left in my pantry )

However, I threw caution to the wind and slurped up a delicious portion, using my plain Greek yogurt as a fake dollop of sour cream. I thought that was genius!

We have some sun today, which is nice. Oh!! and the first flower bloomed ( nice and large and pink ) on our Mandevilla plant that we got for $10.00 at NF a week or so ago. The photo tag shows white flowers so we were pleasantly surprised by the pink.
    Have a lovely day all!!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hey guys

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning Peeps.
    Another cool-ish day here...Who stole summer!? I want it back!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

dan, we can switch - it's going to be 29 today, 34 tomorrow - not my cuppa....

Hope everyone has a fab day!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Nat was like 29 yesterday here too. Was nice and sunny but a little too hot for me. I was in a lot of pain yesterday and really couldn't go anywhere. So of course today when I have no pain it's pouring now lol.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

morning @danger_dan @Natalka and @cabmonk , frustrating eh cab, the way Mother Nature behaves ( In pain and you got beautiful weather, but out of pain and it rains )
    So far here from what I can tell it looks pretty nice out, I got out of dog walking duty this morning ( ty DH ).
    Feeling like I want to make something " different " for the guys for work, but will have to search through the freezer first to see what I have to work with.
    I dislike being short-ish, can never reach deep down into the bottom of the freezer to see what has become out of sight out of mind. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some thick pork chops or something!?

Have a lovely day everyone!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good for you for making borscht, walkonby! I usually make mine in August - it's such a lot of work!

Gee, I feel the same about the freezer - and I'm not short (yet, I've 'shrunk' to 5' 8" - I lost an inch and a half somewhere!). I 'think' my arms are regular length, lol, but I can't reach far down either. Usually I get husband or son to reach down, they both have unusually long arms.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ha ha ! Me too. I sometimes get the guys before they head off to bed to get the meat out for me. It avoids this....hee hee
    @Natalka , as for my borscht, I just find the beet part messy. I still use rubber gloves to peel and slice them up after boiling though, used to always get red hands. You know that large pot I made is almost finished? I was stunned that both guys voluntarily had several servings in a row! DD won't touch the stuff. There might be just enough left for me to have another bowl today....Mmmmm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jul 26th, 2017 at 07:56 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.
    Can't seem to post any pics this morning, more SC problems!
    Last edited by dededi; Wed, Jul 26th, 2017 at 08:19 AM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh @walkonby it's frustrating but I try my best. I have tried to completely change my diet and the pain still hits me hard. Doctors know it is gout though. I have been eating no meat, almost no sugar (just a bit from the coleslaw dressing I used, no candy or anything or even pop. I had a bit of bread or buns for the homemade veggie burgers. I don't know what to do going forward but will keep trying.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Its a beautiful day not too hot not too cold. @cabmonk glad you are feeling better @walkonby and @Natalka I have the same issue with the freezer..Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning folks!
    Just dropping in for a moment.
    Be careful, freezer women! You don't want to lose your balance and be IN with the frozen food.
    Flemeth, I am glad your feet are responding! Shoes on a holiday, definitely would be a good idea- after all, "No shoes, No shirts, No Service." As they say. Where are you going?
    Welcome Purdie.
    Hicks, how's Jake? I didn't comment about your car. It's lovely! There was another new poster there- "Hey" to you too. Are you from the south? My stepkids who lived in Florida always said, "Hey".
    Got to launch myself. Though I would dearly love another hour or two of sleep. Have a great day!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just a really quick hello. Back later.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information