User Tag List

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1499Likes

Thread: October 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Seeing frost this morning--well I guess I was seeing water starting to freeze in puddles last night along Rymal Rd after 9:30pm! I woke up after 3am to hear the heating system was on for short while. To think 1.5wks ago I was spray painting my radiator--priceless (and thankful I got it done). Had a good can walk last night and several Monopoly pieces turned up. Found two recent issues of Reader's Digest at the library to keep Mom reading and amused. Next Home (freebie in yellow boxes) Oct. 14-28 has articles mostly related to Condo living and condo matters (if anyone is thinking a condo is their next home). Ms. Sunshine got bright again this morning! Love her.

Not pleased at how many drivers put on high beams in Ancaster on the Garner Rd part of Rymal during my night walk. Just because my reflective tape and little flashlight caught your attention, the clear night conditions did not warrant your blinding me. So, I will be putting my sewing machine to use today to add 3M reflective tape to the shoulders of my winter coat.

Kitchen towels hung to dry downstairs were almost dry this morning and I ironed them to make sure I could put them away. Did another can walk this morning and put over $2 in my account. Now I have to see what else I can collect before the rest of the leaves drop and temperatures go below 20C (after next Monday, high teens are the best we will see in the Golden Horseshoe area). I feel my current shoes are ready for the garbage can yet there's at least one more mowing in store then the leaves will be likely be left on the ground.

Tomorrow, Value Village has 40% off framed art and photo frames and mirrors. The stores have extended hours until 10pm up to Oct. 29 for Halloween shoppers. I may take another look at tops and sweaters as last week I did not see any short sleeve knits I wanted. Need a cardigan for fall, as I have two pullovers. The black zipper cardigan I have is not good for cold days but still has some use this month.

Plan to buy a dozen Tim Hortons doughnuts today thanks to a friend who sent me a gift card. I had recently asked sibling to buy a dozen but he said no. Have to see if there might be a cider doughnut choice as I have been passing Bennett's Apples lately and sometimes I smell warm cider baking!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 -super progress on your cleanup project! Good to know of thrift stores in QC as I don't the ones that are not part of big chains. Wish you had a Loblaws with a Joe Fresh dept. to get some items from the fall clothing collection. I know you said a grocery store had closed in the spring in your area.

I like your appliance wishlist! #Goals I'd like a small drink blender as the older Oster blender jar is rather heavy to clean after use for smoothies or pureeing soups.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -you are Ms. MacGyver and showing flexibility with your daycare kids! Always something interesting to do at your place. Pleased you have interest and paying customers for your daycare service. Helps with the budget and plans!
    @saundyl -amazing planning to save on postage for gifts! You made the most of your trip to Edmonton. Will your boys be adding any reflective tape trim to their costumes to make them more visible at night?
    @Frugalbigmama -all the hockey parents are important to the food and retail businesses where you attend games! Hope you feel the love when you show up at your regular places to dine before or after games.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Exterminator came by 3 pm not 1 pm this afternoon because they did all the building .She said they where mouses in the other part of the building.They put a closed black plastic trap with some poison on my kitchen sinck and bathroom cupboards.They will recome verify november 7 .I just hope we will not have some ewwwwwwwww.I did a little bit of cleaning this morning.Supper will be pork back ribs with ognions rings yum!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Worked at home today, which is lovely, but it was because our dog was picked up by the humane society and had to spend the night in jail. One of the friends left the side gate open, thankfully someone posted him on a FB group. Otherwise I would have spent to night freaking out since we were never notified they had him, long story but now the microchip company has the correct home number. Not sure why they did not call a cell. The ransome (ok recovery fee) was worth it as we have a real problem with coyotes in this town and he would not have survived, he just wandered across the street and neither son realized he had been let out by a friend. so for dinner I just took the easy route and did the pizza pizza anniversary deal. Slice of pizza and a pop for 1.50. did 2 slices for each teen and now I am free to go for my run. Money well spent in my opinion.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

haha lilo I just was gonna post that I got (2) slices and a pop came to 3.15 pizza pizza cant beat that price even a slice leftover for hubby on Thursday
    -happy with my 11.09 savings today from rexall for being 55 and up -the best deal 3 pairs of secret socks for me 3.16=1.05 a pair of socks cant beat that price
    -well I have prescription drops for my pink eye -lol -I am mostly lying around fell asleep this afternoon cause was up in the night from eye pain
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! It is a warmer day today,it feel great!!! The plan today is to do the grocery,cooking and do a little bit of cleaning.Only a few boxes to go,it is encouraging,A little rant:I hate when I get the response the coupons are already traded,it happenned me 2 time so far grr ....Wishing everyone a great day!!!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well popped out today got the bay to adjust hubbys shoes -got an extra 20.00 back on my hbc mastercard
    -hung one load out -saved on hydro
    -took 2 bags to a new used store (style encore)a few of my clothing and few of daughters 10.00 for me and 17.00 for my daughter ,then bought a eddie bauer blue 3/4 length top for me looked like new $10.00
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Eve the cat is stocked on iams cat dry food with 8 free bags,9 whiskas temptations cat treats free bags(got them in trades) will just have to find when the no name litter is on sale for the upcoming months,....very frugal cat lol You can read my deals for this week in the thread what is your best deal this week,lots of good deals
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Oct 18th, 2017 at 02:17 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    But you have amazing speed on your lunch breaks and after work hours! I think you'd make a great speedskater!

For members with a third or fourth year Cdn university students (sorry, @Arvilish, you are in the US) aspiring to be CEOs one day: there is a CEOx1Day event that allows registration up to Oct.27. Website/info (item spotted in Toronto Sun last week): http://www.odgersberndtson.com/en-ca/ceox1day
    Oh wow! Thats impressive but I am pretty sure that if I was in Canada, I would not make it as my life was going down the hill anyway

I will let my bro in university know. May be he can be a CEO one day and I will be a proud sis of a CEO

Thank you!
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We have been under a wind warning since last night. We currently have 47km/hr winds, plus gusts. There are wild fires 1/2hr away from where my dad lives. Smaller communities were evacuated to where my dad is. There was a strong smell of smoke last night outside our house.

I’m doing a couple more purchases off our local garage sale Facebook pages tonight. I’m looking forward to posting some details, but I want to wait until I have the stuff in my hands. I’m also going to buy gas at NF and use my points offer of 5,000pts wub $40 in fuel. I’ll also redeem some points and pickup milk, fresh fruit, and boneless pork loins.

Last night’s supper was home made sweet and sour meatballs with pineapple, rice, and boiled mixed veggies. There are lots of leftovers. I’m going to some of the rice into fried rice.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Oct 18th, 2017 at 03:14 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Heat was on again this morning but stayed on for about three hours. Very pleasant!

Did not enjoy hemp seeds on Shredded Wheat and hot water so I boiled some green lentils in water with about 1 clove of garlic and 1/2 tsp salt (spotted a salad recipe but was intrigued by the boiling info to try it). I had two ladles of al dente lentils and some broth, so I felt more like Popeye.

Did a long walk to big box land and the long road in vain for Monopoly pieces. Did get about 9 containers to collect refund money! I'll do a walk closer to home. Last night, I found 4 Monopoly pieces and more cans.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Still no heat on here, I like to see how long we can wait. With the additional insulation we added during the spring renovations I think I can make at least another week. It's always a good reason to bake too. We will turn on the gas fireplace but 1st we need to make sure it's functional.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

No heat here too.We still have to remove the ac unit because we where too busy with cleaning,And the heat is defective in the spare bedroom ,they will check it out when the cleaning will be done.
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Oct 18th, 2017 at 08:30 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Glad to have read natalka and 22hicks Health update in the tea section and to see @jasperandchar connected on sc tonight.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information