User Tag List

Page 364 of 1953 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 362 363 364 365 366 374 414 464 864 1364 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 29295
Like Tree118399Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

A stressful, but happy day today...

I have a presentation for one of my university courses in two hours that is scaring the heck out of me for a mere 5% of my grade while I have yet to start worrying about a 70% final exam for another class

However, went to a volunteer event and ended up talking a bit with a lady from our schools Student Life committee and she was looking for stories to put into the school paper and she was interested in my couponing and how I am doing a big donation for Christmas. So the paper may get back to me about the story, so we will see.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby?? Honey?? Yoohoo!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Dec 4th, 2017 at 09:35 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    A stressful, but happy day today...

I have a presentation for one of my university courses in two hours that is scaring the heck out of me for a mere 5% of my grade while I have yet to start worrying about a 70% final exam for another class

However, went to a volunteer event and ended up talking a bit with a lady from our schools Student Life committee and she was looking for stories to put into the school paper and she was interested in my couponing and how I am doing a big donation for Christmas. So the paper may get back to me about the story, so we will see.
    Good luck with your presentation, @johnb56789 !
    Now on to your studying!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oopsy, did not post here yet today.
    Things seem to be progressing at a snails pace wrt the kitchen, but at least ALL the new cabinets ( 5 ) are now put together and installed with their counter tops installed on over top of them.
    Woo hoo for so much extra counter space

but BOO to hoping to fit everything back into the new drawers.......( I know that last part is a First World Issue, I am not complaining, really I'm not ) it is just that the 2 large standing cupboards I switched out to gain counter space plus cupboards held plenty. I'm certain some items will now be banished to another area just outside the kitchen door.

But I've run out of energy for today. Ran a few early morning errands, then came back and made a nice big stew to last for maybe 2-3 days, bought 6 huge bunches of fresh broccoli today at FB ( great price 2 /.99 !! ) and just finished blanching the whole lot of it. Will freeze into many small bags.
    The person above me is a very happy Gramma right now!! Congrats @Lynn49 on completion of your GS's quilt. That sounded like a labour of love from first cut till the last stitch.

There is no Leafs game on tonight so I will just have to drift off to sleep listening to CNN.
    I feel like starting now.....Zzzzzzzz
    adios all!
    @walkonby , is there anything better than renos, esp kitchen renos?! Now you'll be able to organize everything...those junk drawers I bet you've accumulated mountain of tools that you probably use so seldom, but there they are, hiding the stuff that you do need but can't find in the jumble! If you're anything like me, that is! I had a drawer dedicated to only baking tools....but now it's a jumble of stuff! DH and I want to sift through those drawers after the holidays to determine what to keep, what to toss. I think I'll just dump everything into a bin, and as we use things, put them into the drawer. After a month, downstairs it goes, another month or two later, if we didn't use any of it, out the door it goes! I just hate clutter!!

Good luck stuffing it all back into your new kitchen, hahaha....maybe a purge is in order?
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Dec 4th, 2017 at 10:21 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning Fam.
    Rainy out there...everyone is being super cautious driving out there...took a little longer than normal to get into the office...but I'm here safe and sound.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Stay dry, and warm.
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning. I hope you all have a good day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    cabmonk, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning! I just got up, another night of choking; I just can't get a handle on this to make it go away.
    @22hicks , truer words were never spoken, Hon. I hope you're having a pain-free day.

Dreary, windy day here, lots of rain yesterday and through the night, but that's okay, at least there's no snow out there!

Have a lovely day, everyone!
    22hicks, cabmonk, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Do you have bronchitis again @Lynn49 ?

I'm ok, but pain-free is just a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Lynn49, cabmonk and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Do you have bronchitis again @Lynn49?

I'm ok, but pain-free is just a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Hi, @22hicks ....Honey, I have no idea what's going on...we tried a humidfier, tossing my down pillow out of the room...It's so weird that the choking can wake me up a couple of times a night, yet I can sleep in forever in the morning!!
    I'm beginning to think I'm allergic to the dark!!!

Sorry you're still not pain-free, Hicks, but I hope that with rest and not re-aggravating things that you'll be out of the woods very soon.

Want to hear a happy/sad story?

So yesterday our GS opened his morning advent gift and found a deck of YuGOh cards....he just sobbed because he was SO happy!!! However, no one was able to find the other 20 or so that friends at school gave him. Well, Dad found them after school....in the wash! Destroyed!! He had them in his cargo pants pocket. I told our DD that there's another set in his advent gifts, on the 19th, and to switch that one with tomorrow's gift....how sad is that?!!

We got him 2 Starter Sets for Christmas so he and Dad can battle it out, but Santa will be bringing him a big box set also...

Tough to be a kid, eh?
    22hicks, cabmonk, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh @Lynn49 !! I know exactly how sad your GS must be.
    How many ear buds, ipod thingys and thumb drives did I wash? argh!! Some even survived the wash.
    That was clever to bump up the 19th advent surprise to tomorrow so that his tears will be washed away.
    Oh and thanks for the " reminder " that Christmas is STILL fast approaching. ha ha

We are really making some headway in the kitchen now.
    Turns out last night I did find some energy around 10:30 p.m. and started deciding where everything should go in those new cabinets drawers. It took me quite a while....plenty of huffing and puffing and sweating. When the guys got home from work they approved at how immaculate the kitchen looked but now I am the only one that knows where everything is!!
    bwahahaha!!!

I kept ALL small appliances ( griddles, grinders, hand mixers, choppers, that sort of thing ) measuring utensils/tea towels/food wrap/ on one side and ALL food related items ( jars of dried beans/rice/grains/flours ), oils/vinegar/sauces/ spices, etc on the other.
    Bonus to have the old 3 shelf skinny cupboard on the wall ( to left of my stove ) empty now. I always hated that one, but used it to keep all my overflow bags of spices in. Who in the heck can reach all the way back in there? Not me! Plus I always needed the stupid step ladder to reach the top shelf.
    I might use it now to put items in that I only use once in a blue moon. Like my diet and exercise manuals!
    hee hee hee

So....I took today off JUST for me! Slept in until ( drum roll please ) ten thirty a.m. !! Made up a fresh batch of cottage cheese/oatmeal blintzes in my newly organized kitchen. Then I went out and bought $40.00 worth of fragrances at Rexall and used #6 in the STB coupons.
    Still much to do I am afraid though. I'll wait for another burst of energy to hit me tonight maybe?

In the meantime hope everyone is having the best day possible.
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Dec 5th, 2017 at 08:16 PM. Reason: spelling

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Good afternoon, I was reading a post on facebook asking if you prefer a gift card or an actual gift for Christmas. One person replied Oh I prefer to give raped gifts. I was like ummm, I would check what you wrote there unless that's weirdly what you meant geez lol.
    22hicks, Lynn49 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good night, everyone!
    It was a bit of a busy day, made 2 batches of fudge (chocolate, and chocolate/mint), one bundt lemon pound cake, all frozen, sewed a soft flannel pillowcase for GS to match his quilt (washed and dried it in case he wants to put it on his pillow that night), and um...yep, that's it!
    Now I've sipped away 2 little glasses (operative word: little) of Irish Cream liqueur so that I knock myself out for the night in hopes of not waking up choking although I know it'll be useless because I'm convinced I'm allergic to the dark.

Sweet dreams, everyone!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:04 PM.
    22hicks, cabmonk, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone hope everyone is doing great. Will catch up later was busy getting some of my baking done @Lynn49 I made you DH cookies and the second batch turn out great don't know why but we did not get to even frost them and most are gone. So will have to do a double batch when there is no cookies monster around. Best sugar cookies I have ever made and eat say thanks to your DH. Still have to buy gifts for my DH neices and nephews they are all ages 15 -30 just don't know what to get them I guess I will go the easy way out and give gift cards.There 9 masked and 3 females . Have a great day everyone.
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning fam.
    It's a chilly one out there today, stay warm.

Have a wonderful day!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1. Finally, some sun.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lynn49, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information