User Tag List

Page 264 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 364 764 1264 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good night all so much has happen since I last check in @Natalka you and your DH are in my prayers . praying for a fast recovery after surgery. Hoping u can get as much help as u can @danger_dan happy u got the water issue under control. @avoncallingu you need to take some time for u too. Have a great evening everyone

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, avon, you are doing SO much, and have for such a long time - you truly need a break.
    Hope your test goes well - ah, I never had any luck with holding water before an u/s, I have a teeny tiny bladder...

Yes, my stubborn husband went to work this morning - but by 1 p.m. they had a bed for him in the hospital, where he'll stay til his surgery Friday. Milan spent the afternoon with him, and he'll stop by here to help me out this evening.
    I'm just so weak - I know part of it is from the infections, but it's also because of very little food. I was just able to eat a pudding cup - it's very odd what I can stomach eating and what I can't. Like the other night, I made a big beautiful salad - and it was totally tasteless to me, so could only have a bit of it. The house is full of both healthy food and snack temptations and I could care less....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, avon, you are doing SO much, and have for such a long time - you truly need a break.
    Hope your test goes well - ah, I never had any luck with holding water before an u/s, I have a teeny tiny bladder...

Yes, my stubborn husband went to work this morning - but by 1 p.m. they had a bed for him in the hospital, where he'll stay til his surgery Friday. Milan spent the afternoon with him, and he'll stop by here to help me out this evening.
    I'm just so weak - I know part of it is from the infections, but it's also because of very little food. I was just able to eat a pudding cup - it's very odd what I can stomach eating and what I can't. Like the other night, I made a big beautiful salad - and it was totally tasteless to me, so could only have a bit of it. The house is full of both healthy food and snack temptations and I could care less....
    Hi, @Natalka!....I'm getting really concerned about you, and I know we all are! Is it just that your antibiotics are making your food taste lousy, because I know that happens with heavy-duty ones. Hon, you've got to force down more than a pudding cup, even if it's difficult..just try to recall what those foods tasted like in the past and get 'em down as best you can. You're not helping your infections if you don't give your body fuel to fight them....are you getting fluids, esp water down? Milan is sure going to have his hands full with the two of you, but I know he willl gladly do what he can to help you both, he's just that kind of son, isn't he?
    After your DH's surgery, make sure the surgeon knows that he'll need help at home, as do you...she can probably get the ball rolling wrt home care...he just has to explain the situation to her, that you're ill right now too, and that you two need home care for a while. Honestly, after my fall, it was a blessing to have someone come in and tell me that everything is going along as it should in my recovery, helping me with getting comfortable in our home and goodness knows it allowed my DH to fly the coop, even if it was to the back yard for a well-deserved breath of fresh air!! He couldn't leave the house at all in the early weeks unless someone else was with me. So...the same should hold true for you two, even to a greater extent! Like Avon, if I lived closer, I tell ya, you'd be forcing down that soup!!

Well folks, I hate to say it, but fall has already crept in on little, quiet feet. My asthma is back and I let my prescription run out from last spring without getting it re-ordered, so now the pharmacy has to contact him to get a new 'script, and we're heading out of town tomorrow!! It's almost back to sleeping in the recliner if it gets any worse...and yes, it's because fall is approaching. Years ago I went to see our doc because of this condition sometime in February, and he diagnosed me as having my Spring asthma back.....I said, "But it's February!", and he said, "Yep, that's when you all show up here"! {{smiles}} So I'm guessing if spring starts in February, fall must start in August. Bah!!! Phooey!
    @avoncallingu.....are you sure you want company next month?!! I'm not much help with hoisting boxes around, but I was a cheerleader, so how 'bout I cheer you on!! You're your usual busy self, I see...all the best in that ultrasound...and don't piddle on the bed when they're pressing that instrument on your tummy....heheheh..!! Be a brave little muffin...at least it's not invasive! Again, really happy with the care your BrotherR is receiving!! How wonderful!!

Well, good night everyone!! Slipping into dreamland....

Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Aug 16th, 2017 at 10:38 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Everyone who is going through some kind of medical issue my prayers are for you all to feel better really quick. Hoped today is better for everyone have a breast day

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Oh, that pic says it all...

I am doing my best, honestly I am.
    Milan came by in the evening to pick up an ointment for my husband's hands, and it was 9 already but he was going back to his place to pick up his laptop to take to his dad because he's bored, so he can watch movies.
    I was so tired, thought I would have a good sleep, but that just didn't happen. It's been five years since husband and I spent a night apart.

Enjoy whatever Thursday brings you....

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wow....I get so emotional as I read back to each post from yesterday!
    That is good news about your DH getting placed into a bed @Natalka , positive thoughts from here forward!!
    I agree about forcing some more food down though. Or...how about trying some of those nutritional supplement things?
    ( Ensure ) just to get the daily vitamins and minerals.
    Personally I've not tasted any so I cannot say how they are.
    @avoncallingu ha ha ha ....ultrasounds, the real test of a bladder. I can only remember the ones I had while pregnant, agree it is so tough to hold that water in.
    @Lynn49 cakes, cakes and more cakes!! who do you think you are The Boss? ha ha Lots of work but I am sure they will be so tasty! ( Marshmallow fluff? I never knew that was part of your icing recipe....Mmmm )
    @22hicks you are off and running away to somewhere again? Hope you get your asthma meds before you leave.

I almost spent good $$ on some tickets to go see an Aussie comedian! Both DH and I love the Jim Jeffries Show and he will be in Toronto on Nov 10-11th....but once I saw the prices the cheapskate in me clicked in! ha ha

Have a great day everyone!!

Off this morning for a scheduled Dr. appt. then back here to figure out what to make the guys for work meals today. I am toying with whatever is easiest....like using up what is remaining in the bags of pot stickers in the freezer, add some of my veggie stir fry that I made yesterday and then maybe I'll make up a small batch of fried rice to fill out the plate.

Sometimes they need a detour from the meat 'n potatoes deal that they get a lot of.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ...I almost spent good $$ on some tickets to go see an Aussie comedian! Both DH and I love the Jim Jeffries Show and he will be in Toronto on Nov 10-11th....but once I saw the prices the cheapskate in me clicked in! ha ha
    Jim Jeffries is HILARIOUS! Hope you have a good time at the show in November!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning Fam.
    Another day...weekend us within sight!

Have a wonderful day folks.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.
    Name:  d2cc80d442541ae1eab6206c9aed4ccc.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  36.1 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning dear friends.. sitting !! waiting !!! At my desk .. for meeting get on way here .. I decided while I'm waiting .. check in quickly on SC see how everyone is doing .. WOW ! Gee thought my life is moving fast in fast land Walkonby .. your up woking up storm .. Gordon Ramsey you better watch out for walkonby ..she might soon be taken over Your Kitchen lol 🍝🍔🍪🌭🍜🍳🌯🍧
    Avoncalingu .. wow !! Please slow down and rest some .. my goodness gracious you got my head spinning with all your doing in day .. you NEED some me time .. put legs up R-E-L-A-X some sweetie.. or have spa pampering day for ya self.. you sure deserves it ..
    Lynn .. hope everything going well for you.. see you and grandson baking up storm .. that's awesome !!you get lots time with your grandson..enjoy those wonderful moments together.. can't wait see blanket and stuffie elephant..yeah !! After weeks and weeks packing going camping and etc finally you come to point now let's have good rest at home for while do your things .. yeah!! Fall is sure tip toeing in on us . Can't believe summer soon going be ONLY memory for 2017 and but my memories cant be thinking about what comes after fall .. I get sick to my stomach just thinking about that darn white stuffed falling .. have wonderful weekend camping and eat some pie with family and have sip of something stronger then coffee lol🍰 🍷🍾🍸🍺
    Natalka...
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your darling hubby.. hope you feel better soon and your hubby recovery goes well .. will keep both you in my prayers.. Natalka you have to eat and get old taste buds back normal..keep strength up 🍔🌯🍧🍜🍦🍫🍪🌭🍸🍷
    22hicks. hope everything is going well .. take it easy on gardening ..need relax too and put legs up and have good cup coffee.. if that doesn't work for ya ..sit back with glass 🍸🍷🍾 and relax .. enjoy last few weeks summer weather we have left
    GoodBoy .. hope your having wonderful vacation .. missed having you drop by from time to time here .. hope see you soon maybe hear all about your wonderful trip to UK .. 🍻🍷🍾🍸☀️️☀️️
    To all smartcanucks friends .. have wonderful day and I hope and pray that everything goes well with everyone here .. Take good care yourself and please fine time relax some .. 🍺🍾🍸🍷CHEERS !!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello every1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @22hicks you are off and running away to somewhere again? Hope you get your asthma meds before you leave.
    Nope, not me @walkonby , that was @Lynn49 . She's off to camp, but needs her asthma meds.
    I'd sent you a p.m. Did you see it? I can't go anywhere.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So much going on around here, It makes me realize my pain isn't a big deal compared to some of it. I hope everyone gets through the day well.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

G'bye everyone at least for the weekend!

DH has been trying to make our camera talk nice to this computer, but to no avail. SO, when I give it to the couple this weekend, there will be lots of spartphones there to take pics of it and send them to us, so we'll um....absolutely somehow get the on here. At the worst, I'll email a pic to someone who knows what they're doing...I just remembered, I can save an email pic into our pictures, so that's what I'll do!!
    UGH! Finally got it ON the computer in pics, but Tinypic can't upload it for some reason..I'll try at camp. DANG IT!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oops sorry @22hicks , got my sc " imaginary friends " mixed up! ( I think Lynn's DD calls us that ) ...I love it!
    So....dinner for the guys turned into a whole different thing because when I hit NF on the way back from the Dr. they had pkgs of awesome meaty pork chops on sale BUT these 2 pkgs had another 30% off sticker on them. Cooked up just the one pkg
    ( 8 chops ) right away, froze the other one. Went with making a fried rice to go with them.
    Time to relax a bit now, 4 p.m. game time today!! C'Mon Jays! you can take 3 out of these 4 games.
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Aug 17th, 2017 at 03:25 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information