User Tag List

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

already signed up.
    I sent it to the other adults in my house as well....

we have bus cancelations, and a foot of snow.
    my youngest is having her wisdom teeth out, my husband is with her.
    we have over a foot of snow.... and yea.

I have a full fridge. and tea... I got this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just called gap to get a credit on my 2 orders for 6.10 from the other day -yes its a new frugal year and our income may change in the later part of the year -so I have to be on top of things now
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We have the snow too! DS asked on the way to school if the bus was not running lol. I didn't even check because he was going to school lol. I saw a bus stuck on my way to work so they were running but shouldn't have been I think. A good day to be at work!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow I am down to one pair of jeans -had to toss a pair last week I wore those til the stretch part on the bottom started to come apart ,and talize has donate 2 bags get 30% off I may go there sometime this week
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I signed my father and I too for the Loblaws card we bought some bread at maxi(ditaliano and pom and Weston)
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

the person next door is snow blowing our driveway. OMG!!!!!
    I sent middle child out ( 20 yr old) to help shovel person across the street this am.

my amazon gc from swagbucks came in.. ordered a new cordless home phone. and 3 pkgs of construction paper ( add on ) to make free shipping.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I did not expect wet snow like this in the morning (last night while watching Wonder Woman I kept hearing the front of the house make cracking sounds which likely were connected to snow on the roof that did not fall off). Handy having a kid's plastic shovel. Checked online and WM does not have the shovel (some ridiculous prices in the $60-$80s for some poly version) but Cdn Tire has Garant kids' snow shovels-just not at my local store. So I will go tomorrow to a CT that still has lots of them and pick a red one for $7.99. My little yellow shovel's edges don't fully scrape edges well so a newer shovel will be handy (it's super useful to clear snow from around the house, splash blocks, remove snow from the garbage bin...).

Yesterday I did a can walk while going to stores on errands (have a cake ordered for the end of the month) and getting some windchill in the process. After the movie, I read a book.

Today, the greyness is not helping with much of anything except to motivate me to be online. Wednesday and Thursday will have rain which means I'll have to see the slush/puddle content to determine if I will venture out or not. My boots are soggy from today's shoveling. I have yet to apply weather spray to the boots this winter.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Applied for the Loblaw giftcard-I will price out the items of interest to get as closely to $25 as I can (fine print states card user has to ask cashier for split transaction prior to swiping with the card if one goes over $25). Noticed the terms don't allow double-dipping ie. apply for card now and if one does get involved with a class action suit, any damages will be reduced by the $25.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Jan 8th, 2018 at 02:46 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 -hurrah for more storage! Love the label holders-the kids might enjoy personalizing their own labels if you provide the cardstock or boxboard for them to put their own name or design on for their cubby space.
    @saundyl -the disrespect part that you have to endure when the boys come back home sounds awful. Might a $ tag applied to the cost of fun things (activities and gaming) get their attention when you say it all ends in springtime and they can earn money for those things on their own or go without? I do assume the boys lose the attitude after say two days and do their share of chores at home too. Guess you will know soon what they think when they learn of the engagement unless their father told them in advance?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Giseledta -you are on a roll this week! Love the post about the roast you are making.
    @cath007 -it's great news that your father's car is working again. Battery issues can make a drive a little unpredictable but winter is not a time to second-guess batteries.
    @Coupon_girl -ooh, new clothes for you! Value Village is having a 40% off activewear sale on Wednesday for Club Members in case you want to see if there are pants that might suit in the interim until your next jean find. I struck out on seeing any winter coats at the Ancaster store when I popped in yesterday.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -how is the baking going on with your junior chefs at home? Did you happen to watch the US MasterChef show episode with the vegan lasagna dish when the show contestants had to make a dish that best reflected themselves?
    @SassyAshley -can your brother be persuaded to show up and give 15min on the night before dumpster emptying to take everything to the dumpster? Or might there be a teen willing to take items to the dumpster for your baking? You may be in the same situation as @saundyl having to consider if you have soft tissue/connective tissue injuries that need attention.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Made it to the gym today woohooo! The week is always better if I go on Monday

Totally need to prep more food tomorrow. I will be hungry when I get home.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

We have about 4 inches of fluffy white stuff to cover the septic field finally. Ran over to the MIL's and plowed her out too.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Angela _273 -hurrah for more storage! Love the label holders-the kids might enjoy personalizing their own labels if you provide the cardstock or boxboard for them to put their own name or design on for their cubby space.
    @saundyl -the disrespect part that you have to endure when the boys come back home sounds awful. Might a $ tag applied to the cost of fun things (activities and gaming) get their attention when you say it all ends in springtime and they can earn money for those things on their own or go without? I do assume the boys lose the attitude after say two days and do their share of chores at home too. Guess you will know soon what they think when they learn of the engagement unless their father told them in advance?
    We will find out. I know he hasn't told them yet. Tbh more worried about their moms reaction.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    Ciel, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh handed me my new purse and told me to go switch out my old one. When I asked him for help with a couple of key rings, he decided to help purge a stack of receipts from my old purse. I use one purse at a time until it is falling apart. This new leather purse was his Christmas gift to me. I got to pick it out and it has a lifetime warrantee. It’s deeper than my last purse, but I guess I’ll get used to it. I now have a pocket for my collection of Sobeys rain checks and another pocket for gift cards and points cards.

One more load of laundry was washed and put away today. I also took pictures and posted new items for sale. I still can’t figure out why Facebook keeps picking different wrong cities to post as my location on items that I am selling. I always wrote that it is pick up only in Estevan. I ordered my annual Chapman’s coupon and added more coupons to my trade list.

Our son is back in Kindergarten tomorrow and gymnastics in the evening.

I made lots of fried rice, which Dh and I enjoyed. Our kids didn’t really like the fried rice, so there are lots of leftovers. I’m thinking that Dh and I will eat fried rice for supper tomorrow night, but I’ll need to figure out something different for our kids to eat.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:04 PM.
    saundyl, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information