User Tag List

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I pampered myself this morning, had a bubble bath, etc. Cooked a quick lunch and Dh is washing the dishes.

Will ll add more to the post later.
    Perfect day for you!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had an unopened box of Pull-ups in the closet that I bought the end of January. They are now on sale, so I took it to Walmart to get the price adjusted and got $5.50 back on a gift card. I usually forget that you can do this. Can someone please give me details? I brought the box with me, but do I really have to? Is their policy posted on the Walmart website or something?
    Thanks
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went out for lunch in TO to a small Hungarian place with my mum, sister and bil. Later we went driving through the ritzy neighbourhoods and grocery shopping-sure has been nice and mild since I arrived in the East.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Feb 17th, 2018 at 05:26 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

went shopping . all done. not moving for he night movies with hubby and puppies.

7.00 in coupons, 9.00 on co 51. received 30 in amazon. $. this week. 25- sb, and 5 in gh.

I am hoping tomorrow is nice and a good walk will be in order.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

If you are interessted I just finished making my trade list...will add others coupons later..
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just finished making 1 trade
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

A few weeks ago we broke our kitchen aid mixer. I was so upset.

I found one last weekend for parts and paid 50 dollars . The hinge on the parts arm jiggles out and the arm came off. It came With the dough hook, beater and the metal bowl with the handle. I was excited about the bowl because I've been wanting one and have only been able to find glass ones...For just over a hundred dollars which I hadn't been willing to pay.

Yesterday bf fixed my mixer!

So I've made 3 dozen cookies. 2 dozen blueberry muffins and 2 dozen banana muffins. I've frozen half of everything.

The parts mixer is going to be handed on to bfs neice as she needs a bearing from one to fix hers.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Ciel: Thank you on the mitten advice! I did check MEC, but the reviews scared me off of some of them. I love their return policy, but DH would have to be the one returning it and that would not be happening! SAIL, I didn't think of and they have a few that might be interesting. Again, DH might be the one returning it and the store that has the clearance gloves are 30 minutes away. Not that long if I wasn't working and LO could nap, but if it was an hour and the size wasn't right, that would be a disaster!

I ended up buying something from one of those third party sellers from Amazon. Those prices are not exactly budget friendly, but if they're needed, they're needed! Warm boots and gloves make the winter so much more bearable! DD1's socks consistently come back wet though. There's no way to be sure that she's not jumping in puddles or if there is actually a problem with her boots.

Good for you on finishing your taxes! I'm waiting for one more tax slip next week before I netfile. I think I will do a draft in the paper version before sending it out, just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I had an unopened box of Pull-ups in the closet that I bought the end of January. They are now on sale, so I took it to Walmart to get the price adjusted and got $5.50 back on a gift card. I usually forget that you can do this. Can someone please give me details? I brought the box with me, but do I really have to? Is their policy posted on the Walmart website or something?
    Thanks
    @Angela273: I don't think there is an official policy on price adjustments. One CS rep I saw said within 10 days. Another CS rep said you have to bring the item, another one said she would just use the code on the receipt. Other CS reps treat it as a return and repurchase. At my WM, it depends on who you get.

@saundyl: Yay for BF who was able to fix your mixer!
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Sun, Feb 18th, 2018 at 01:45 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

@saundyl - that is a great job on fixing the mixer. !!!

morning all. it is rather nice out there right now. I am certainly considering taking the puppies for a solid walk.
    I need to hit SDM as well. but that will be easy and quick.
    Hubby and I may go to the movies.. we have gcs.. and scene points... might use the points for something else....

I am rahter pleased that I have tomorrow off. it will be nice to spend the day relaxing. it is forecasted to rain all day....lol... but I can handle that.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all-angela sounds like you had a nice day,saundyl wow great deal on fixing the mixer .
    Well hubby and I made it babysitting the sets of grandkids yesterday,first got to Toronto and babysat Sebastian form 10.30 til 2.00 I put him down for a nap at 1.15,then left daughter's at 2.10 yesterday and made it to binbrook where my son leaves at 4.00 for their wedding -of course we stopped at A&W for supper with a coupon 11.99 for the 2 of us -yes it was early to eat but we didn't eat lunch ,then hubby played with Ashlyn we got her to bed at 8.00 p.m and cara was a bit fussy so didn't get her down til 9.30 p.m son /wife came home at 12.30 a.m so a long day for us .Sad that I missed 20 times the points at shoppers oh well there is always a deal somewhere -maybe I will by my few items on seniors day on Thursday

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yesterday I adopted a black kitten 8 months old from my local animal shelter. Poor thing is scared and missing fur. I was going to adopt a three month old kitten, but when I saw this sweetie my heart melted. Carter (his clinic name) is now hiding somewhere in the bedroom. My other cat really wants to meet him, but I need to get him settled first.

Any suggestions for a new name for Carter?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I am of the feeling if ... the animal will let you know its name....

give the new one a few days.. it will come out.. put out food. .... and a little.. he will need time to adjust...
    or Swagbucks

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Where oh where did last week go, it has been an insane one. I started the week attending out Admin Meeting at work where the first 2 hours where nothing but projects I am working on. I have a lot going on right now but I knew this going in and the good news is they have given me help on my projects which is nice.

One of our big projects is creating a Product Showcase, something we have never had but our competition does. The first big part of this is photographing all of our products. Normally I take photos in my office but I have to constantly put up and take down the backdrops and lighting as my office also holds the boardroom table. I spoke to Dad and we have created a photo studio at his house which we can just leave set up as there are no work events and no one is using the house for family stuff. So right now his Kitchen is our photo studio. We took some test shots on Thursday and will work from there. My guess is we have somewhere between 100 to 200 photos to take and then they all need to be edited. I am the photographer and editor but Dad's assistant is my photo assistant which is nice as I can stand behind the camera and do not have to keep going to move items just that little touch to get them right or adjust the lighting.

Due to all of this I have spent most of the weekend so far working, not my plans as I so badly wanted this weekend off to do nothing but well that was not in the cards. Looks like for the next month or so I am going to be working nights and weekends to accomplish all of my projects on schedule.

My back is getting better but photograph is not easy on the back so I am trying to be as careful as I can but it is tricky.

Making some homemade waffles right now for Brunch and to put in the freezer for use later and tonight will be a beef roast for dinner.

We have been doing very well with that not eating out. We did not do take out in over 2 weeks but did have Pizza last night. We have been making pizza at home but Mom really wanted take out pizza so last night was a treat of take out of Pizza. I am not complaining my goal was take out once a week (which would be an improvement for us) but hey if we can go every 2 weeks even better.

I have found having food in the freezer is really helping. Thursday night I was late coming home right work but was able to pull pre marinated teriyaki chicken, make a batch of rice and just make some mushrooms and peppers to go on the side and even with the Chicken being frozen it was on the table in about an hour or so. Normally this would have been a take out night for sure.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

a little tired today ,but still popped over to winners needed an extra throw in with the gift for my girlfriends daughter's baby boy (bibs 4.99 for 2 cloth triangular snap on bibs) then popped into carters as the sign on door said last day an extra 20% off I got for 10.06 (3 items) sleeper for Sebastian fleece 3.99-30%=3.19 wow you cant get any cheaper than that a top for Sebastian long sleeve 3.19 after discount and a 3,4 length top for Ashlyn 3.19 -gonna put away til their birthdays in the fall
    -supper tonight chicken breasts ,mashed potatoes and corn

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not very happy, I got a new Waffle Marker for Christmas as I wanted one with temperature control. This is the second time we have used it and it broke. A screw popped out of the waffle plate and piece of plastic has broken off (not sure where it came from yet as I am waiting for it to cool). I have emailed the company, since it was a Christmas gift I do not have receipt but needless to say I am not very happy that on it's second use it broke.

Will wait to see what they have to say.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information