User Tag List

Page 763 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 263 663 713 753 761 762 763 764 765 773 813 863 1263 1763 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,445 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn49 View Post
    @natalka , i believe that the right people show up in our lives exactly when they should, and i think your new nurse, with a fresh perspective on your condition, has done just that. I'm relieved to hear that you're taking her assessment of you as "failure to thrive" very seriously. I'm sure it's not something she'd say lightly, particularly with her experience with cardiac patients. She likely reviewed your history in great detail, also.
    I know how easy depression can set in when being isolated in a room for weeks at a time while everyone else is 'out there' enjoying full lives and i even knew mine would end when my injury healed! For you, not knowing if you'll walk again, live normally again, it must be depressing and terribly frightening. And not being at all mobile puts you at risk for other issues that are even more serious...atrophy of your muscles, pneumonia from not being mobile...enough is quite enough, and frankly it's been enough for too long!

Please consider her advice and get some real help. So far you've made no progress except that they're keeping you alive.

Sorry if i'm overstepping here, but if you lived here, i'd have been banging down the door of your doctor's office until something was done to improve your health and your life. Just being kept breathing isn't thriving, and it's no life.

We all care about you, nat......and we want you to get well soon!
    plus 1 I could not have said it any better
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and cabmonk like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 I never consider advice or comments overstepping. I have left myself open here, as you know.

By pure happenstance, my care coordinator called and we just finished a long call. Talked everything out with her, and cried lots out as well.
    I'm glad I got more out now, because I don't know what news my husband will come home with and I don't want it all about me then.

Yes, I am ready and willing to go into hospital, it's a matter of when, purely logistically. No therapies are available on the weekend, and minimal testing unless urgent obviously.

I would go Monday, but then there is new year's, so maybe it makes sense to go in on the 2nd, I think. I will talk with my husband about it later.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @Lynn49 I never consider advice or comments overstepping. I have left myself open here, as you know.

By pure happenstance, my care coordinator called and we just finished a long call. Talked everything out with her, and cried lots out as well.
    I'm glad I got more out now, because I don't know what news my husband will come home with and I don't want it all about me then.

Yes, I am ready and willing to go into hospital, it's a matter of when, purely logistically. No therapies are available on the weekend, and minimal testing unless urgent obviously.

I would go Monday, but then there is new year's, so maybe it makes sense to go in on the 2nd, I think. I will talk with my husband about it later.
    Any day is a good day to start getting healthy, Natalka...Monday seems like as good a day as any other; I'm so happy, relieved, over-joyed that you're taking this step on your own behalf to be well again!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

@Natalka I agree with @Lynn49 . I am glad you have decided to take the first big step into getting your Health on track.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka, JadeAngel and walkonby like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Na
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @Natalka, I believe that the right people show up in our lives exactly when they should, and I think your new nurse, with a fresh perspective on your condition, has done just that. I'm relieved to hear that you're taking her assessment of you as "Failure to thrive" very seriously. I'm sure it's not something she'd say lightly, particularly with her experience with cardiac patients. She likely reviewed your history in great detail, also.
    I know how easy depression can set in when being isolated in a room for weeks at a time while everyone else is 'out there' enjoying full lives and I even knew mine would end when my injury healed! For you, not knowing if you'll walk again, live normally again, it must be depressing and terribly frightening. And not being at all mobile puts you at risk for other issues that are even more serious...atrophy of your muscles, pneumonia from not being mobile...Enough is quite enough, and frankly it's been enough for too long!

Please consider her advice and get some REAL help. So far you've made no progress except that they're keeping you alive.

Sorry if I'm overstepping here, but if you lived here, I'd have been banging down the door of your doctor's office until something was done to improve your health and your life. Just being kept breathing isn't thriving, and it's no life.

We all care about you, Nat......and we want you to get well soon!
    Natalka..yes ..get that help you need so much sweetie ..lynn is so right about right people showing up in your life at right time and I believe it so much ..that nurse walked into your life at right time to get you all help you needs and make you well again ..im believing this will all pay off in the long run .you be back home soon and be able do things around your home again .yes !! It’s not going be easy but with lots of determination and some fight in you this will all workout sweetie..keeping you in my thoughts and prayers ..sending you big hugs
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Was up early today because they are making a racket with renovations lol. Anyway I did the ddp energy workout. Supposed to be a big storm hitting as early as this afternoon with 25cm of snow. Good thing I don't have anywhere to be. Hope everyone has a good day.
    Ohhhh cabmonk,,we got it coming our way friday night and into Saturday..plus high winds making it nasty day ..geezes hope we miss it completely..dont want to see no snow ..seems we lost most it 23 of December..if you dont need go anywhere stay at home ..Merry Christmas 🎄
    Lynn49, cabmonk and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  AE46C7BA-316B-4262-8545-7428C516CBFD.gif
Views: 86
Size:  65.3 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hello...I thought I should check in before anyone thought that perhaps I may be deceased also. @avoncallingu, what the hell next??!! How many years have you been fighting with the US social security department and omgoodness, all that income tax nonsense??!! Wouldn't surprise me it you took to drink, poor muffin. I hope they believe that you're not the ghost of Christmas past when you walk in!! Good luck with those idiots!!

We had a wonderful day yesterday, and I absolutely recommend that KrisKringle "pass the present" game!! For a mere $10 each for our gifts, you'd think every dice roll was the most important thing happening that day! Hahaha!! I DID end up with my own gift which I fully intended to do anyway.......just one final roll of the dice could have taken it from me, but I was so lucky! We all had a really fun time with that nonsense!! Our GS is still down with his cold and cough, so he was rather quiet yesterday, but trying his best to play Santa and hand out the gifts, which we open one at a time, so it does take a while, but we've always done it that way, thanking the giver for each gift. He pooped out after about an hour and took himself to his room with his new switch thingy, poor kid. We left at 9:30 and our DD said that he put himself to bed as soon as we left. The inlaws stayed for about another hour.

Today was a day of complete R&R for both of us, nibbling our way through left-overs, sweets...I'm almost looking forward to my January 2nd diet start-date. I may not feel the same way after a few days into it, but for now, hope springs eternal!

I hope everyone had a safe, relaxing boxing day!! Did anyone else besides @walkonby dare to do any shoppping...or returning today?

Ohhhhhh LYNN ..i’m Sure waiting for spring come too but thats 3 months or more a away yet ..good bye Christmas sweets January 1st ..diet is starring me right in my eyes 👀 lol 😝 time get those extra pounds off again , why did i eat everything my eyes see’s ..needs put duct tape on my mouth 👄 LOL 😝..dr.poons diet plan is going be on my list things i must , have , everyday on my healthy eating list
    Natalka, cabmonk and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Ohhhhhh LYNN ..i’m Sure waiting for spring come too but thats 3 months or more a away yet ..good bye Christmas sweets January 1st ..diet is starring me right in my eyes 👀 lol 😝 time get those extra pounds off again , why did i eat everything my eyes see’s ..needs put duct tape on my mouth 👄 LOL 😝..dr.poons diet plan is going be on my list things i must , have , everyday on my healthy eating list
    Hey, I'm doing Dr Poon's also! There are some good recipes on line here and there, so it's a good help with starting out. If you want them, I'll send them to you. I've done Atkins a long time ago, sometime in my 40s....and lost a lot of weight and kept it off. As the years went by I lost the oomph to worry about my weight, so...January 2nd, back on the wagon, on a healthier version of Atkins. But right now...I have all these Raffaello coconut white chocolate hazelnut treats I have to make disappear before the 2nd. I don't expect to much trouble with that.

I hope you're able to catch your breath for a day or two?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!

@Natalka - maybe when you get some "in hospital" help, someone on their staff will be charged with finding you more accessible housing to return to. The lay-out of your home seems so restrictive!

How did your husband's visit to the dr. go? You both are so worried about each other's health, that you are setting your own health on the back burner. If he were sure that you were being well cared for, then he might take a serious look at getting that hernia fixed.

I haven't been able to find my script today which is a bit of an issue, as I am not absolutely solid on my lines, but I did design a little "Newspaper Report" that I am going to fashion into a Christmas ornament for each of the cast. Opening night tomorrow.

Wonder of wonders! I did get 2 cheques from my insurance company today. I was pretty sure that they were NOT going to pay for my orthotics since I had just had some in April of last year, but they did!!!! So that puts a little distance between me and the wolf knocking at my door.

I got 2 late arriving Christmas cards, as well.

I called Petro-Points and got my card (which was, actually my dh's old card,) updated and address changed and connected to my HBC points, so that gives me the minimum 3 shops for "Shop the Block."

I also rushed into SDM with my friend. We had met for a tea and she had done a preliminary run in to pick up things for her grandkids. An hour later when we went back, the shelves were pretty well empty of bargains, but I did find a few and then she picked up a $10 Seniors ' money back card that someone had just left on the counter. So I got an extra $10 off my purchase and got another $10 Seniors ' card good until Jan. 17. Must remember to use it this time.

I also got my "That Stuff For Pain" at the local Home Hardware and they had a few ornaments on for .99 that will look good in my black and copper dining room next Christmas.

I'm pooping out and the clothes dryer just stopped so I can take my meds and head to bed. I was actually quite cold in bed last night and got up to put on an extra pj top. Tonight the Temps are supposed to just keep getting warmer over night.

Good night, folks! Sleep well!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@avoncallingu
    I spoke this aft with my care coordinator, the go-between for accessible housing. She hadn't heard back from them before Christmas so she said she will try try again. I am at the top of the list, just nothing opening.

About my husband. Dr let him know that he only has til late January or all his tests would have to be redone, and his wait would be longer.
    Husband refuses to have the surgery. His explanation to me makes no sense. He just does not realize what may happen if he doesn't have it. Tried to reason with him. He just said it's his decision and he says no.
    However, he did not tell me what the Dr said about his decision.

Dr ordered blood work regarding his hand. Husband was already going to the lab to get testing for the surgeon who did his triple A surgery. He has a cat scan for that in Jan.

He went and got the handicapped thing for parking for me and while there inquired about wheelchairs just so we had an idea.

Asked our son if husband had talked with him about the hernia, he said he hadn't.

Sigh! (Argh!)

Good night everyone!
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information