User Tag List

Page 798 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 298 698 748 788 796 797 798 799 800 808 848 898 1298 1798 ... LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy afternoon everybody!!
    Most important news first! I am cooking a WHOLE chicken in my Air Fryer....bwahahaha!!!
    Found a nice sized bird at Metro wearing a 30% off sticker, which made him even more attractive!
    Worked well with the first day of Metro's redeem 95 AM, get 50 AM back promo!
    Mind you the discount made the total drop below $10.00 so I had to grab a chocolate bar to bring it back up.
    My OOP was 25 cents...the kids can fight over who gets the chocolate bar.
    @cabmonk I like what I see there with the fresh produce hamper! Hopefully the carrots and cauliflower will stay fresh until your mouth heals up.

@avoncallingu I will have to search back to view those apartments you are considering. Any curtains is better than having no curtains up imo.

@Natalka the wi-fi in hospitals seems to be a common area of compliant, we have an Aunt atm who is STILL in a rehab hospital ( since long before Christmas ) and she is frustrated by it as well. Especially since her kids and relatives live nowhere near that hospital.
    Post whenever you

@Lynn49 YEAH!! and yes I did promise you the scale would BEND to you eventually. I am happy the losses are showing again, it is only fair since you are being " mostly " good.

@Newfiescreech just a big thank you for the encouragement you have given me wrt this weight loss adventure.

@danger_dan did you have any blowing white stuff swirling around you on your drive in today? We got some here between 9 -11 a.m. and they were big fat flakes too.

I had a total brain fart yesterday thinking the Leafs had a game. Felt highly insulted after clicking on the tv to no game. Oh well tonight!! Tampa Bay will be a tough team to beat, but seeing as we let some teams walk all over us that we SHOULD beat, maybe this will go the opposite way too??

Enjoy the dipping temps all!
    Lynn49, cabmonk and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

If you go to the seven Westhill site, you will see a tab that says -accommodations -click on that and you will see the floor plan of my new apartment. The Clifton 7th floor. Facing the same direction that I currently do. I asked if there was any leeway in the rent. (They just increased their rates in Jan, of course.) Answer was no but they will give me free indoor parking (usually $50 per month) for the rest of the year.

Moving date would probably be mid March. I got to see the actual apartment as the woman there is moving to a bigger apartment. Darker kitchen cupboards-black appliances- heat included in rent -

Very spacious and nicely lit underground parking. Small storage locker. Hardwood in living and kitchener area, carpet in bedroom and den. Full sized stacked washer-dryer. -Walk-in shower with no tub but a surround with a seat. Second 2 piece washroom. Backsplash a very nice glass tile -small sections with some beige and green accents. Flat top stove. Control of heat and a/c.

Sheers on all windows-don't need anything else at 7 floors up with no buildings around-lovely patio door that actually keeps the cold out!

Got to get ready to go to choir.
    See ya!
    Natalka, Lynn49, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We're all looking at you, @cabmonk .....

Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Lol thanks everyone and @GoJays

I had a couple grape tomatoes. I'm going to heat up one of my veggie stew portions. I'll decide about the cauliflower and carrots in the next couple of days. Mash, or also make more veggie stew.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I had a total brain fart yesterday thinking the Leafs had a game. Felt highly insulted after clicking on the tv to no game. Oh well tonight!! Tampa Bay will be a tough team to beat, but seeing as we let some teams walk all over us that we SHOULD beat, maybe this will go the opposite way too??

Woo hoo!! We did it!! Take THAT Tampa!!! 4-2
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi everyone.
    Still up because I have nausea after downing all my pills, so I sat up to have done crackers. Need to remember to eat something right before taking them.

I won't go into yesterday's bad day.
    Today was good.
    Staff were on the ball so I got my stockings on, my washing up done, washing and med I need help with done - and physio, to boot, all before lunch. The first three are most often delayed.

Did well in physio, so glad of that. We really examined exactly what hurt where as I got up and stood, and she - the physiotherapist - said those places were ligaments and tendons which have just not been used in some time. That is good news, because then it may be that the joints themselves have not worsened.

My BP has settled down. Still not at my normal, but out of the scary-for-me range. It was never dangerous, though.

Pain is being addressed better. I have been on scheduled tylenol, only two regular, and they had at least upped it to three.
    There had been a previous order for ibuprofen to use in addition when needed, but it went away because I wasn't making use of it. Duh, so the night I ask for something at three a.m. there was nothing there...

Talked with the doc today about adding it again, he agreed, then said I should consider Dilaudid. I said I would be willing to try it at night to see if it helped.

Last night I slept the most I have in a year! Yay, me. Only prob was a huge backache since my body is not used to it.

Doc suggested CBD oil, for the neuro pain and sleep. So all paperwork is done and I ordered it today. Fingers crossed...

That's it for now, my eyes are drooping and the nausea has subsided - I had some animal crackers (much to my chagrin they have changed and are more sweet now like cookies, not just kinda plain like arrowroot like they used to be).

Glad to be inside. Windchill tonight will go to -40 and maybe lower.

Good night, you wonderful people!
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

That was a mostly happy story, Nat. Glad to hear you had a good night's sleep. I'm up, not settling for the night. Just had a bight to eat as I didn't have much supper so I could get to choir on time. By the time choir was through, I was pretty wiped and my throat sore, since I hadn't sung in a month. We have a baptism on Sunday and were practising 2 beautiful anthems to welcome this little babe.

The arrowroot mention is reminding me that I have a couple in the cupboard. I love arrowroot biscuits!

Good night again, folks!
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Hope everyone is doing good.
    I got my tooth extracted yesterday. My mouth is very sore and hurting. I got Tylenol 3 for the pain and more Antibiotics .until I go back for my Check up on Thursday. I am on a soft food diet.
    My plan is not to leave the house for the weekend.
    Will be either reading or watching TV.

@Natalka you are doing great. I am glad you got to sleep well.
    @walkonby I got to watch some of the game last night. My DH is happy the beat Tampa. I am sure you are going to Metro to do the AM deal. I give instructions to my DH to spent the 95 Airmiles let see how this goes tonight.
    Have a great day all
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nat-glad you had a better day, a good sleep and a positive physio session! I tried cannabis when I had a severe back injury and it definitely helped with pain when nothing else seemed to-my SIL around your age, who has arthritis is taking CBD oil every day and sees a huge difference in pain, inflamation and function. I hope it works for you-certainly worth a trial to see if it helps you over time. Hoping for some more good days for you going forward.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning gang.
    Stupid white stuff falling from the sky...ruined my usual Friday morning commute...but, I am here safe and sound.

SO GLAD the weekend is finally here. We're supposed to get a bit of a chill coming in to Southern Ontario this weekend...Thanks @Lynn49 ...I know I've been a tad grumpy lately, but you didn't have to send the Cold air down you know!

Stay warm today (and this weekend) peeps!
    Natalka, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @danger_dan did you have any blowing white stuff swirling around you on your drive in today? We got some here between 9 -11 a.m. and they were big fat flakes too.
    @walkonby , Not so much coming into the city yesterday. Leaving was a different story.
    Since the Lady worked from home yesterday, and my morning commute in was a quick one, I left earlier yesterday...so I drove through the afternoon 'mini blizzard'

This morning was a white, fluffy, and wet mess of a drive in though.
    GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Thread Information