User Tag List

Page 814 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 314 714 764 804 812 813 814 815 816 824 864 914 1314 1814 ... LastLast
Results 12,196 to 12,210 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh my gosh, so many great memories! - Stoopid autocorrect, I typed in memes!
    So many great memes!

Husband just left after a nice long visit here. He came bearing flowers, kitty slippers (!), chocolate, salty snacks, a beautiful mushy card - and my fave dagwood sandwich. Talk about being spoiled!

More later. An aide just came in with the tray and said very sing-songy Suppertime, Birthday girl!
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Jan 28th, 2019 at 09:50 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh my gosh, so many great memories!

Husband just left after a nice long visit here. He came bearing flowers, kitty slippers (!), chocolate, salty snacks, a beautiful mushy card - and my fave dagwood sandwich. Talk about being spoiled!

More later. An aide just came in with the tray and said very sing-songy Suppertime, Birthday girl!
    Are you really, really SURE you ever want to leave there?! You are spoiled! Hahahaha!!!!
    Hope dinner was a nice surprse...and I don't mean tuna surprise..
    Natalka and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm baaaack!

Ate some supper, not much. Have saved watermelon pieces for later and applesauce for breakfast.

Anyway, I had a great visit with my husband. While he was here, the physiotherapist came, which was good timing since my husband hadn't seen my progress since I left home. I did really well, up three times with no assist from PT with the belt. Did two steps forward with both feet, then back the same. Did same again, but then had to sidestep to the left as I went backward. Wowsers, I was hurting and pooped. Especially since before that I had to switch sides of the bed, and put on the grippy socks myself - and I used the sock aid perfectly, so he said.

So yay to progress! I know it may not be like this all the time, but it feels so good to see glimmers of improvement.

Hope you all have a really nice evening!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - supper was actually decent. The soup wasn't great, which is unusual, they are pretty much always quite good. Main dish was (almost real) roast pork with gravy, mashed potatoes, and julienne carrots (no flavour, even with margarine, s+p on them). Raw veg and dip. Dessert was pomegranate applesauce ( saved for breakfast) and watermelon, which I am munching on now.

Some of the meals are really quite good, most are edible, several are just gross. However, diff people, diff views on meals.
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka likes this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka and Tweets77 like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good night, friends!
    Natalka likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    Another cold day here. We are expecting to get more Snow by this afternoon. If you have to venture out dress warm, and if driving be careful of the crazies out there.
    I will be out and about today have a Funeral to attend and a few errands.
    Have a great Monday everyone
    Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Mother Father!
    Just 'cause you drive a sh!tbox and don't care if you ding up your piece of crap pickup, doesn't mean you can f%^*ing weave in and out cutting everyone off!

*cursing over, I promise (for now)*

Stupid McIdiotface nearly clipped my passenger side mirror off, and would have put me into the median if I hadn't swerved as he cut me off this morning; and of course his bumper well where his license plate sits was covered in snow.
    I still called it in and reported him (or her...I didn't see the driver)
    Wonderful continuation to a crappy morning.

-38 when I got up this morning! BRRRR! Cooper did not appreciate having to go outside for his potty break. The ground might as well have been lava

We shall see what kind of white blanket this supposed 'storm' brings this afternoon. I've already shoveled, slow blown, and plowed our way out of the house this past weekend, with drifts up to 4 feet high)...so what's another few inches?
    If this morning's driver is any indication...Oh Dear Jeebus, pray for my drive home!

Have a wonderful day and start to the week folks.
    Back later.

ps. @flemeth ...I just ready your post before hitting 'post' on this one. Cold...check, crazies...check. My apologies if you've mentioned the funeral previously. I haven't been keeping up to date with many posts recently. I send my condolences. Stay warm when you head out.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Take good care on your way home @danger_dan and @flemeth . The snow is supposed to start around 11 or 11:30 for us on the west end and it won't be letting up soon. I've had my fair share of idiotic drivers as well, Dan. I know exactly how you feel. Some days, it makes me wish murder was legal. It was bad when I had to taxi the kids around to the likes of Oakville and Burlington for ball, but now that I have to take one of them to Mississauga, Lord help me. And it's not the edge, it's deep, deep into the city. Yeah, it's fun. Like I said, take good care today.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, folks! Oh boy, I am sorry to hear about your brush with craziness this morning, Dan. What a way to start the day! I think every place of employment in downtown....anywhere, should have a meditation /massage room waiting for their employees when they arrive on days like this.

Well, just as the roads get slick, I have an appointment with the tax guy. It's not far from here, though.

Today is figure out your finances day. I can't get the stupid document to print that I have to submit to my insurance to get re-embersed for the flights to and from Denver.

After seeing a report about frozen pipes, I left my kitchen tap dripping last night. I hope my brotherR 's pipes don't freeze again.

I'm hoping that my kijiji items sell so I can get them out of the way. I ordered a new bed frame last night so my old teak bed is on the chopping block. I also ordered an over-the-toilet storage unit from Hudson's Bay. The price was right and the size of the storage area as large as I have seen. Also, they were warning that it might take longer for the bedframe to ship, which is quite alright with me.

Winter has us in her grips but I am hoping that she gets this out of her system quickly. At least the days are lengthening - a cockstride a day, my father used to say (meaning rooster-stride.) In my parents part of England -"cock" was a term of endearment and had nothing to do with male anatomy. Some very embarrassing moments in my teenage years when the term was used in front of my un-knowing friends!

The day is calling. What wonderful surprises await?

Have a warm and safe day, my friends!

TTFN!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Tweets77, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thread Information