User Tag List

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Second month of 2019--there are winter festivals, Lunar New Year activities, Valentine's treats and most likely snow in February. Plus the groundhog forecast on February 2!
    January coupons must see the recycling box and give the savings how over to the February expiry coupons.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

I can't believe it is approaching the end of January and Feb. is nearly here. Today.....is the first time I have posted since I can't remember. Lol. I'm thinking Sept? Life has been a blur.
    I really missed being on here and hope to be able to be on here more. Sometimes things in life happen and your world is turned upside down.
    I often wonder where my strength comes from but there it is I have missed my little community of soooo many amazing people. It will be nice to be in touch with everyone again. Wishing everyone an amazing day and and bring on Feb.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

In January I started keeping track of my various savings. This is what I have redeemed in January 2019 = $248.04.
    Stuff Sold
    $19

Coupons redeemed
    $30.10

Air Miles
    $100 Cashed out for Sobeys groceries

Canadian Tire gift card - VISA points
    $25

Amazon.ca - from Swagbucks
    $40

SCOP (amount item scanned for)
    $13.94

Humpty’s points
    $10

Gifts received
    $10 Sobeys gift card
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jan 31st, 2019 at 09:43 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good idea Angela to track your savings . My savings in January were cashing in PC points for $70 in groceries and airmiles for $10 in groceries. Also used some about to expire American Airlines miles of my husbands to book a 1 night hotel stay in July for our roadtrip East-I was a little short of the miles needed so just topped up and paid $12 for a one night stay including breakfast. It is supposed to start getting colder here today-we had a much milder than normal January. Wishing everyone a good day and weekend.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Too cold still. sigh. it can get a bit warmer.

ok... youngest has her appointment. oldest hopefully works. not sure yet. this job is a non job. sigh.

last day with my pt child. i am ok with that. The mom sent Brownies , very sweet.

today is blue friday sales at foodland. not sure if i am going... should pick up sausages.. i have some coupons....hmm. maybe tonight.

i need to work up the menu plan. we are pretty good on most stuff... need a few things.
    oldest has a new bf, so it will be interesting to see how much time she is at home.. he has his own place.. so she is there a bit .
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Feb 1st! A new month to crush the goals.

Dinner- Deal with the leftover meat and make a feast. Freeze leftovers and plan to use next week one night.
    Groceries- Don't really need much but will figure it out and plan meals accordingly. We need fruit!
    Laundry- Get it all done and keep on top of it.
    Gym- Start going on my lunch break again since DS is done school hockey and I have my lunch break back!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I wanted to stock up on Armstrong cheese next sale so since I have Spend $30 get 3000 PC Pts figured it was a good day to do so.

Homemade mac and cheese is on the menu sometime this weekend (we now have old cheese in the house!) I also got 1 package of the pizza mozz to make pizzas one night with the naan bread in freezer.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Tried to take a sick day today as I did not sleep last night and my stomach was really bugging me when I woke up. Didn't feel like I was going to be sick but it hurt but nothing bad to need medical attention. So I tried to get a few more hours of sleep. When I got up my stomach wasn't bugging me but I had a massive headache. My plan was to take the day off but I did have a couple emails from yesterday I needed to deal with as I was in meetings. When I opened my emails I found other issues I needed to deal with today so I have dealt with what had I deal with today but did work most of the afternoon.

Since I was home I put on a pot of Beef Stew which can simmer away and I will add Carrots and Potatoes to later. I choose Beef Stew as Mom might have to work late and Stew is easy to reheat later vs some of the other dinner ideas I had which would not re heat as nicely. Mom will have hers with Homemade Potato Buns I previous made and I will have mine with crackers.

My not feeling well is good for the credit card. I was going to stop at the grocery store on my way home tonight but since I did not go to work and honestly I really do not want to leave the house I will work with what I have on hand for the weekend and shop next week. Really we only need a handful of things, I was planning a small shop anyways so I am betting we will not notice that I do not go to the grocery store.

Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I hear you sassy,you do save when you are sick -yes I didn't grocery shop in one whole week ,just went out yesterday

I babysat today sure did miss my granddaughter`s I had not seen them since last Thursday -boy it was sure fun today (cara was teething as her 2 year molars are coming in) and she can climb on the sectional couch now its funny to see her fling her little leg up ,she ate good today.I took 2 bananas over today I even bring my food over to the granddaughter`s the bananas were pretty soft anyway

Well cara slept 2 hours and I did 2 loads of laundry for my son/his wife ,supper tonight was leftovers for me hubby had a fried egg sandwich

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Hi Everyone
    I did a Blue Friday shop this afternoon and really stocked up on some things. I had no idea that there were that many different kinds of perogies. Lol. One kind has spinach in it and another has sour cream. DH was excited as he loves his perogies. It was nice to raok up some Air miles and the cashiers were amazing. I did a couple of loads of Laundry and back to purging and organizing. I had started this last January....was doing really well....but had to stop. I'm back at it again. Just a little at a time. If I can even do 1 hr a day by the end of the month I should see lots of progress. Wishing everyone a wonderful evening
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went and got blood work today my doctor suspects it kidney stones not kidney infection. I went feeling under the weather and wait 45mins in the labs to get blood taken. There was standing room only at first but i needed to sit down. I didn’t realize you could book a time online then just show up in front of all the people walking in what a gong show. I couldn’t figure out how to book a time online in there app so I decided to stay and wait. I listened to a whole tonne of stories and such. People were questioning me like they seen me before I said well I lived in this town for a very long time. Probably knew my father which of course they did so we had a great discussion about how he ran for mayor at one point in his time.

I went then out again to galloping all around town I am exhausted and in pain. I took some ibuprofen when I got back home someone wanted something from me I went downstairs 3 times and they werent there. So I came back upstairs.

I over did it today... and paying for it.

I stopped at big box on my home the first time and bought some provisions. The usual 2 bags of sour cream and cheddar chips, but 3 bags of candy -1 dolly mix, 1 liquorice all sorts and 1 fun sorts.

My friend is going to Victoria I am going to miss her very much so I got most of the provisions for her and gave her my pop since that just makes kidney stones worse. But I still Have a 12 pack of wild cherry Pepsi left to get rid of. I will figure out how to deal with it. Kidney stones hurt a F a lot the pain is unbearable. Hopefully something comes back for this blood test something or rather. Not that I want something to be there but it’s worrisome to think I might need something like a X-ray or ultrasound.

I cannot lift anything Heavy or exercise for 24 hours because of the bloodwork. Good thing my mom delivered me water bottles yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday was the last day with my stress inducing daycare family, their contract ended. I’m still looking to fill those openings.

Today went ok, but a couple bumps in the road. I had one daycare kid today. I volunteered to open the Family Centre today. If you volunteer enough (I haven’t asked how much), I can rent it for free for a future event like my son’s birthday party in September. We baked 2 banana breads after nap time. Ds arrived home from school with a broken zipper on his winter coat. I was planning on taking them sledding, but this plan quickly went out the window. After the banana breads were baked the kids had some for snack and we headed out shopping. I took all the kids winter jacket shopping with me...very limited options in our community. We checked at the two second hand stores, no real luck. Took them to WM and found one winter jacket that fit ds. It’s a blue 3in1 winter jacket for $15, regular price $45. I also picked up 4L 2% Lucerne milk for $3.98 - 75c coup. I also picked up red and green seedless grapes for $1.77/lb.

Sobeys Blue Friday deal $104.17, $8 in coupons, earned 259AM, raincheck for another trip. My receipt says $51.74 total savings, 34%. I’ll need to submit the receipt to try to get a free Canada toque from the Dempster’s promotion. Dh cooked a quick supper and fed the kids while I was shopping. I dropped the groceries off at home for Dh to put away while I quickly ate my supper. Then I headed out to a movie with a friend. I came home to 3 sleeping children. Good job Dh!
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Feb 2nd, 2019 at 12:02 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wow i slept like a baby from 11.00 til 7.30 a.m ,nice must of needed it .Plans for today get to the library return books, get holds maybe pop into shoppers for a few specials then home make bed cause daughter/hubby are coming to visit ,go out for their anniversary supper tonight(they missed last week due to Sebastian being sick) we will watch Sebastian cant wait to see him he keeps asking daughter"see nana /papa"
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Guess i better get rolling. DS has a hockey game later today out of town so it gives me lots of tine to get stuff done first. First food! Starving. Didnt eat much for dinner.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good morning Everyone,
    I have had a pretty productive morning here. We have quite a bit of fruit that is past it's eating prime but not quite time to be tossed so my goal this morning was to use some of it. I have made:

Banana Muffins (which have cooled and are individually wrapped for lunches this week)
    Apple Fritter Cake (It is still cooling but oh it looks so good)
    Crustless Cranberry Pie

I did the dishes as I worked so the kitchen is clean except the Pie Plate the the pie is cooling in.

I still have 1 more bag of apples to use up, not sure what to do with these. I do not really want to bake anything else or I am worried it will not get eaten. There are still some cranberries left as well but they need to be sorted and I think a good amount of them will need to be tossed, I had was going to use them the weekend I sliced my finger so they have lasted 2 more weeks which is good but not all made it.

We have some leftover Chicken Fingers in the fridge that I think I will turn into Chicken Parm for dinner. I will serve this with a side of Pasta, Garlic Bread and maybe a side salad. Thinking I might try to come up with something with the pasta to add in some veggies.

I need to make a plan for dinners this week, Mom will be working all week so all nights dinner will be on me to make as I will be home earlier than her. My week will also be busy as we have a new trainee coming on this week and the training plan for this week is quite intense. So I need to come up with some ideas that are quick and easy.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day, off to find something for lunch.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information