User Tag List

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to the pharmacy to pick up meds they didn’t have my migraine or acid reflux pills they said by tomorrow, good thing I phoned ahead to know. There was considerably more snow today then yesterday about 2ft. Lots of it melted but there was plows dumping salt instead of sand. Which I was concerned with some business had frightening icicles hanging from their signs long ones and dropping from buildings and no one had the idea like mine of clearing them with a broom. Until I went into business to ask for broom to brush there icicles off their over hangs. I said I would gladly do it and they could supervise if they wanted to. I knocked off at least 40 icicles in one corner then crushed with my boot and swept them into the street. Where there was a snow bank. They seemed to get the hang of it by watching me do it then wanted to get forceful and brought out a shovel to knock them off the eaves until the largest one gave way and hit them in the back of neck.

Anyway I went to no frills and picked up

2x gateroade 950ml for $1 each
    No name bacon $4.57
    Old mill bread white & brown $1.67 each
    Navel oranges 3lb bag $3
    Mr noodles case $3.88
    Ziggy’s pasta salad $2

=19.05 redeemed 10$
    Gained 900 points 600 points on bread and 300 points on oranges.

Not bad considering I thought I spent all my points I didn’t I actually have another 10$ with 900pts I gained in that purchase.

I am really interested in this Friday’s flyer it’s $1 almost everything in the store including potatoes. I can see it now slow cooker loaded potato soup. Maybe next Tuesday or Wednesday night. Oh yum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    last night my youngest got a pretty rat.. the thing is actually quite pretty. her name is peaches.

no bus cancelation, of school closures... so school is a go . Youngest has a wrestling tournament. oldest is at bfs, and i am sure middle is being annoyed with valentine stuff......

hubby is at work.. he needs to put in for some vacation time.

that is pretty much the day.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! I was scared to check the bus status this morning but it was a go here too! Thank gosh!

I took this afternoon off work to get crap done and since we have to head out early tonight since we are driving out of town for the evening.

This morning before work I washed all the dishes and they are drying on counter now. I put a load of laundry on. I also put away a load of towels (finally!) I just need a good hour of running around and cleaning and I will feel better

Have a wonderful day everyone
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Canada post delivered the scratch post this morning. The kids helped me assemble it. Two holes were not drilled in the right spots, so I can’t install the cat stairs. Dh can drill the holes when he has time. I know he doesn’t want me to do it (even though I’m capable). I’ve shown it to the cats. Hopefully they like it. They’ve had similar ones in the past.

edit: Dh fixed the scratch post after work yesterday. He was able to bend the metal attachment piece, so he didn’t have to drill new holes.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Feb 15th, 2019 at 05:49 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Supper tonight is fried chicken, perogies, homemade dumplings (and brownies if I have the energy).

Checked the flyers and nothing standing out that is in dire need. Hoping to stock up on meats the remainder of the month. FB does have rib steaks on sale I may send hubby but time will tell. Our bbq has decided to hibernate for the winter (something wrong with the regulator).

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

happy valentine's day

hubby finished the basement stairs with the gripper stuff cost 30.00 to do it each pkg was 14.99,but at least no more falls for me I hope

made up 3 little pkgs of valentine's gifts for the grandkids as I love buying for them spent 8.00 on each one they got a small toy one article of clothing (actually Ashlyn got 2 pieces of clothing 2.50 for top and 2.60 shorts from gymboyee) and a kinder egg -cara didn't get a kinder egg thou

Just got back from getting gas (it was cheap too 92) and shopped in shoppers as I needed allergy pills and calamine lotion -they were all out of milk so bought a 2L carton for now
    decided to get my chicken breasts at shoppers 3 for 10.00-20%=8.00-1.60 in personal points =6.40 for 3 as lately I haven't been able to get to larger stores and the pears work out cheap there on seniors day and with a personal offer also

Then popped into bulk barn and bought a tiny bit of bridge mixture for me and big turk for hubby

Off to pick Ashlyn up from her school bus at 3.10 and babysit in the evening so son can take his wife out for a nice dinner at kelseys

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

So, more snow is coming along to Ontario.
    https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...s-weekend-cold
    Today's fine dance is avoiding ice dropping off surfaces and overhangs. The bridge railings on my street had spectacular ice castings cleaving away. @greentires4me -I'm with you on knocking down those icicles!

On my walk home yesterday, I stopped to get seaweed snacks and walked along the north sidewalk. When I was 15min from home, I was crossing a pedestrian crossing and a teen driver just about ran into me (past a stop sign and just about half over the crosswalk) but I hesitated with my next step before her left tire was there. Here I am, just a little over two weeks past turning 50 and the Universe is giving my life some what-for. Yes we had an exchanged some words a couple of minutes later (she did not notice me on the crosswalk until I said "thank you for blocking" after she braked; I was more mad that it had happened than shook-up, as the driver was shook-up). Then after getting home, clearing the sidewalks and putting the trash away (obviously sibling is not bothering to help Mom either before going into work), I learned that Dad had collapsed (no more strength to stand and this began about 4 weeks ago and my brother had gone to work, of course) and Mom had to pick him up and get him into bed. Guess who's sore and grouchy as a hungry bear today? Mom did an Epsom soak last night and also put on magnesium spray but the way she's moving, she's in pain and huffing too.

Clearly, Dad (his voice has become hoarse and somewhat mumbly-Mom is having a hard time understanding him but I can hear his words from a few metres away; she has also noticed that he looks at her oddly too) is going to be living his last days at home in bed and Mom's paying with her mobility and health. I even asked her if she's rushing to join Dad in the grave (not the first time this year that I have asked it) and she claims she is not. Two pairs of dress shoes got some polish (from a tin of polish that still was moist and not dried out being 4 yrs old) and attention as well as I was waiting for a laundry load to finish in the washer (and I noticed the glass jars of black polish have dried out) so they are one less thing to do when Dad passes away. (We started to discuss clothing for the funeral but now that he's in the bedroom, it'll be hard for Mom to do any laundering of his dress clothes without him noticing.) Everytime in the past that the men needed a specific tie or shirt cleaned for wearing to someone's funeral or other special event, the guys waited until the day before the event to tell Mom they needed it. That is why I told Mom to have things laundered now (to avoid that happening and leave her time to focus on arrangements instead) and I even asked her if she needs to add to her apparel. She has three things but I may need to look for a light wool turtleneck (I've been checking racks at stores without success).
    Since there's a planned clothing pickup tomorrow, some of Dad's summer clothing is going into the donation bag plus two pairs of winter mitts that have not been used in years and one of my tops bought last year that fits too snugly on me.

Morning food prep-cooked the two bison steaks in coconut oil in a Dutch oven on the stovetop and cooked cubed potatoes and made very gooey mashed potatoes. Separated some eggs for a chiffon cake but could not find the recipe. Will see if it's in another spot as two nights ago, I was organizing some recipe pages (and using a three-hole punch for the pages not yet secured to the binder) and I did handle the cake page twice. Mom had gone through my box of salad mix and tossed out the wilted leaves and made a salad of the still perky leaves.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Delighted to have enjoyed some Valentine's themed treats (marshmallow hearts, those heart shaped donuts from Tim Horton's) last week, so today is just an occasion to enjoy Valentine's Day tweets on Twitter and red, white and pink images in general.
    I'll probably check out Shoppers and Fortino's for candy markdowns in the morning (if the weather's not slushy like today) to see the sweet deals.

The fridge contains some ignored parsnips and a head of cauliflower. Think tonight's the night to roast them with olives and some curry powder-roasted veggies are always handy to eat or to have as leftovers. Bonus points if there is leftover rice or soup to enjoy with the veggies.

Cooking with beer: I counted about 11 recipes in my notebooks using beer. I had forgotten about onion beer bread (always have onions on hand) and knew I had a beer gravy recipe. Not sure how much gravy I'd use but since I do have beef broth in cartons on hand, that may be my weekend cooking adventure.

In other news about rising prices, I noticed that the Joe Fresh umbrellas at Fortinos are about $2-3 higher in prices than last year. I had paid $16.99 for the striped umbrella (now binned) last year and it's now $19 before taxes.

Oh, before I forget, I'll post about the air passenger rights bill that the public can comments on by February 20. Given how many Canadians have had issues with flights and rights when stuck on planes, I think many members here might wish to apply their 50 cents to the discussion.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Feb 14th, 2019 at 04:28 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

oh onion beer bread sounds yummy.

made steak and salad for supper. Hubby is happy.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

So update is in order it’s not kidney stones I have cyst on my left ovary. Degenerative disease in my spine between T9-t11. And bone on bone between T10 and T11 vertebrae.

It started here with freezing rain already. I guess I am not going anywhere tomorrow...maybe next week.

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@jasperandchar he plans to study heating and AC. What a week of weather, so happy for the long weekend and I plan to work at home Friday
    still need to plan groceries but I am very happy because I received 2000 AM from the shop the block and with no issues.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    So update is in order it’s not kidney stones I have cyst on my left ovary. Degenerative disease in my spine between T9-t11. And bone on bone between T10 and T11 vertebrae.

It started here with freezing rain already. I guess I am not going anywhere tomorrow...maybe next week.

@greentires4me so many health issues at the same time. Hoping you get the treatment and some relief soon if you are in lots of pain.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi all Good morning . It will be coupon hunting day today for me.
    We will be having Pizza for Dinner tonight . Not a fan of Pizza so I will find something else.
    Last night dinner was Chicken fingers and Fries with a Salad. DH wanted to take us out for dinner But I was too lazy to dress and go out so I took a Raincheck. May be wee go on Sunday as My younger DD will be home.
    Kitchen is already clean . Having my second cup of tea . Enjoy your Friday everyone

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

greentires- i have a friend who has cysts.. worst pain of her life. hope you feel better soon.

hubby was feeling bad that he didnt do anything for V day. i keep telli ng him it is fine.
    we might do breakfast out tomorrow . i need to go to costco for my mom. and this will be a low grocery shop week for me. i dont need alot.
    we have rain forecast.. i am hoping it clears out some of the ice.

for those who did shop the block.. its credited.. i had some missing.. but it was a easy fix.. just a quick fb message and done. easy peasy
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Giseledta I did the happy dance when I Saw I got my full 2000 Miles I did exactly 7 shops . 2nd time doings this and it was successful thanks to all SC awesome members

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information