User Tag List

Page 871 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 371 771 821 861 869 870 871 872 873 881 921 971 1371 1871 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,065 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@danger_dan , I wish you a wonderful birthday tomorrow!! I'm on this tablet and yes, I still can't copy/paste a picture, but I will be looking for later...

Have a great day, everyone!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy International Women's Day!

To all the wonderful SC women, thank you for sharing your stories, your advice, and being encouraging and kind!

Here is the strongest woman I have ever known -

Name:  facebook_1552059948183.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  29.8 KB
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, Natalka and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone.
    Heading home early today!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm baaaack!

Physio just wiped me out, then lunch was right after.

Did two walks and also stair- stepping practice, just judging and trying to get foot to the height of a step. She made it quite hard on me today because of how she wanted me to hold and/or shift weight.

Milan rescued me from a spicy meal here last night - most hospital food is so very bland, but the chili and savoury potatoes are really spicy. I have had the chili before when it was still eatable, quite tasty, but I won't get it again. Mind you, it was the lesser of several evils, as is tonight's supper.

Milan brought a huge Greek salad, garlic bread, dry ribs, and shrimp scampi. I gave him heck about the latter because they are crazy expensive in restaurants - but he said he knows I love them!

Bye for now, I have been on my arse long enough - I had to have my foot iced sitting up. I get chided almost daily for not resting enough, and having my legs up in bed.

Have a great day! Lots of beautiful sun here!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, I may have gotten a good deal today. Went up to the garden center, not expecting much, and walked out with a $50 orchid for only $5.00. The bloom had long since died and it is looking a little anemic. But I've had some good luck with orchids from there so we'll see what happens. If I can get it to bloom again, it will look like something this one:

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh Jays!! I hope you can get that Orchid to bloom again, what a unique flower bloom it has! A steal at just $5.00 too.
    And YOU MISSY!!! yeah you @Natalka .... omg, your post today was full of positivity!
    They are more and more like that since you have made such terrific physical progress.
    I tried to diagnose that pain in your foot that you described yesterday. ( using my qualifications of NO medical training at all ) Any chance it is plantar fasciitis?
    I've had that......it felt like I was stepping down on a freshly sharpened pencil pointing skyward!

I forgot this was the start of March Break!! All you lucky parents traveling to warmer destinations with your kids......I'll say prayers for your safe and speedy travel and also for you to have pounds of patience packed away! You'll probably need another vacation after this one! Enjoy all!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! I am lying on my NEW bed in my NEW apartment having had the help of 2 wonderful friends all afternoon. Tootie is showing no bad effects of schlepping around all day in new surroundings and going up and down in the elevator multiple times.

I do have to get moving, though, because a woman is coming at about 8 to pick up the sofa and chair. Right now they are surrounded by boxes. I have to also take an Advil as my back and feet are killing me!

Take care, everyone!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY , Dan!!!!

Great work, Natalka! Walks, I was wondering the same thing about Nat's under-foot pain.

Will chat later!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So how did it feel, @avoncallingu , being in your new apt, even if for just a while? I can't remember when your moving day is.
    How exciting for you...and no cooking dinners!! Spoiled Brat!

@GoJays , is that a pitcher orchid? Or is there even such a thing? I gave my Sis-in-law one for her 75th b'day and one gal at the party told us that she just puts an ice cube on the soil once a week and her orchids thrive! Apparently she's quite the plant expert...like you.. Have you heard of that method before?
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Mar 8th, 2019 at 05:14 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@danger_dan - wishing you all the best, hoping you have a wonderful birthday weekend!

Name:  facebook_1551901305941.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  66.2 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Can't see it being PF, as there is no pain at all involving the heel. The Dr didn't come see me, so for now I will have to go with the head Physiotherapist saying it's my joints - that I have been through so much, and now all this walking and exercises is more than the foot ( or any joint) could bear any longer, and it's protesting.

The Dr did make some amendments to my meds, which i need to get clarified so I know the new whens and whats. For example I asked for any type of pain med around 3:30, but was told I would have to wait until supper - around 5 hopefully. I did have Tylenol around noon, after physio, but it wasn't enough.

So I have lost my wonderful roommate. Gosh i even hesitate to tell you, I don't want to tell all the story because it's convoluted. She got moved yesterday, no reason given other than that they sometimes need to move patients around. I got my new roomie this morning. So each of us got an older, sicker, quieter roommate. Does not make sense.

The nurse I have today I knew from before and she is a straight shooter. She told me that it was in the nurses' notes that the two of us hadn't been getting along. That is crap, but I was not told who said that. My former roomie Noreen, came by this morning and she swears she did not ask for the move, nor did she complain to staff about me. Neither had I. She figures they didn't want two strong women together...

So it turned out to be a crap day. Bleech!

Hugs to you all!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka - I bet one of the bitter nurses was jealous of the friendship the two of you were forming and decided to take care of things.
    @Lynn49 - It's called a Slipper Orchid. I have heard of the ice cube method but have never tried it. Once a week? Maybe I'll try it in the summer when we're away for ball.

On another subject - I am so frickin' annoyed with these bleepin' spammers. And by frickin' bleepin' I don't mean frickin' bleepin', I don't understand why they don't try harder to prevent them from... from... SPAMMING... gah, ok, I'm better now.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone.
    Heading home early today!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Name:  7209DAD6-6B6E-421B-931C-0F7996D06237.jpeg
Views: 158
Size:  116.5 KB

Happy 🎂 Birthday danger dan !! Hope you have a wonderful day ..take care

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  B8B55BFA-709B-4E1C-84AF-4354F48751DE.jpeg
Views: 97
Size:  102.9 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Thread Information