User Tag List

Page 821 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 321 721 771 811 819 820 821 822 823 831 871 921 1321 1821 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,315 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, cabmonk and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Home from lunch and groceries. I spent $280 and then my aunt gave me $50.. she's always way too good to me. I got lots of good vegan stuff and lots of frozen fruits for smoothies. Hope everyone has a good day. I'm wiped out now lol.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Still a bit wobbly from when I was sick. Several times I felt like I was going to pass out putting my groceries away. Just need to get my energy back.
    Newfiescreech, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Take it easy @cabmonk . It takes awhile to fully heal. Oh, btw, I found a pet for you...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just heard, the kids were approved for a new kitten to add to their family!
    WHAT a process, though!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks @GoJays I'm definitely feeling better every day. I should be good over the weekend. I had a couple good vegan wraps for dinner with black bean tortilla chips and drank lots of water and a zevia.
    Newfiescreech and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, @avoncallingu , you were bang on....the kids are picking up their new wee kitten from her foster home shortly: a Siamese little girl. She's probably a cross, but DD doesn't know her history. She has a few Thai names picked out so far....I can't wait to snuggle it tomorrow! She took the day off to be with her even though our GS has a PA day and our SIL took the day off to be with him, lol...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hooray!!! A forever home for Siamese Sally...oh wait, Siamese Sayonara? Nope that is Japanese isn't it?
    I just had to look up the 200 most popular Siamese cat names....how awesome! You will let us know what her name is @Lynn49 ??
    Oh I also read that they are awesome pets! They CAN tend to bond with one person though so tell your GS to push his way through and be THE one !!

They must be so excited!! I wonder how the current cat resident will take to this new tenant moving in? Uhhh,...I mean new FAMILY member settling in.

I am going to try and remain optimistic about the promised weekend warmer temps. Please Pigs...can ya fly this one time?? The only plans we have for the weekend at this point are to dine out once. A buffet we have never been to before.....I should warn them my 3 big guys are coming!! As for me?? ugh....just point me to the damn celery sticks, I'll be fine.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yay for the kitty who found a forever home!

We had Taffy who was a Ragdoll cross. Ragdolls are descendants of Siamese, mostly for their markings. Unfortunately, both breeds are not long-lived, only 12 to 15 years old.

Wishing their family the best of luck with the new kitty, @Lynn49

And, I just could not help myself...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good night all didntbrealized I didn’t stop in this morning. @Lynn49 that’s awesome news that you DD will have her new family member and that dear kitten will have a home forever
    Last edited by flemeth; Thu, Jan 31st, 2019 at 08:17 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Having trouble with SC again posting . Have a good night all. And hope you all are doing great
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quick update to share.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@cabmonk , that's amazing! All of your hard work is paying off, and I hope you are very proud of what you are accomplishing!

Well, I am pooped. Physio couldn't come today, so my nurse had talked to her and so she did it with me. I did just great, getting up well and standing strong, stepping wasn't great - but overall better than yesterday

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I stopped because the night nurse came and I didn't want to risk losing what I had already typed.
    I love her already - she took off my stockings and right away reached for lotion and put it on my legs! Ahhhhhh!

But with every new nurse it's going through the same things over and over - yes, I keep some of my meds at the bedside, yes I want painkillers for the night, yes I have the key to the lockbox, sorry you have to watch me making yucky faces while I take the oil, no you don't need two people to roll me over, etc. etc.

That's why it's so nice to get a nurse who is doing three shifts - you get to know one another.

E.g. my day nurse is wonderful as a nurse and person, tomorrow will be day three with her.
    But I want her to come to my house everyday.... Why? Because she is constantly putting things away - from this shelf to that one, from on top of a chest to inside the drawers (that one bothers other nurses and aides too, because there are things used constantly in the room). I would imagine her house is spotless and clutter free.

It's actually fun to watch her - this aft I said just leave my bed covers as they are - I use a sheet or blanket depending on the temp fluctuation in here. Nope, while I was busy doing something, she had the covers all together made up like a hospital bed.
    Every time she comes by, if I have water out in a cup, she spills it back into the jug and puts the cup back on the jug.

Yesterday I had enough by the afternoon because she started messing with my personal stuff on my table and I just had to say gently, please leave my things as they are - as patients, this is all we can control, our stuff. She tried one more time - it's like a compulsion or a bit of OCD - and I just said again please leave my things alone. It may sound stupid, but she took my lotion off my table which is right at my bedside, and put it on the window ledge, out of my reach. Well now I have my reacher from home, but it would have been too far away anyways.

She really is lovely, a smart compassionate nurse, but it's just this thing....

Thread Information