User Tag List

Page 820 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 320 720 770 810 818 819 820 821 822 830 870 920 1320 1820 ... LastLast
Results 12,286 to 12,300 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@walkonby - so true, in our case it's FB messages.

Just got one from him - he sent a pic of a cereal bowl full of frozen mixed veggies and asked how long to nuke them. Not like he could read directions on the bag or anything...

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello, folks!
    I am truly exhausted. I guess out of the four perspective renters, one cancelled, one was a no show and two came. I wonder if the 1/2" of ice on the INSIDE of the patio door put them off at all?

The Thrift on Kent guy said they don't want my former TV cabinet which is a substantial piece if furniture. Said they don't sell and I should just break it up and take it to the dump. Not likely!!!! I have decided to take it and work it into my craft room.

I had a truly yummy supper! And a great chat and got home about 7.

OMG, that temperature really DOES sear the lungs !

My brother and family will also be moving this weekend.

The fellow who came from the moving company was from Newfoundland with a nice lilty accent. He has a deaf and blind dog and it's sibling. Both rescues.
    @Lynn49 , Has your daughter and grandson picked out a particular cat that they want to adopt. I know-the rigmerole can be extensive, but I am glad they don't just hand animals over to just any-old-person who walks in. So, by this weekend, they might be a two cat family? Will they take the cats to camp in the summer? I can't remember if the one fellow was there.

I am really tired-hoping I can just drift off to dreamland without rearranging furniture in my head. I got 2 replies from people interested in a couple more items but it was SO cold, I would not recommend that they come out to look.

It's time to say, "Good night," my friends! Sleep well and comfortably.

Take care
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Jan 30th, 2019 at 10:47 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@GoJays good morning!! A Rock, Paper, Scissors joke...I enjoyed that....well actually the pictures of Dwayne..... I actually enjoyed more. It is cold outside.....did anyone here know that?
    From now on my regular early morning recycle transfers of of items from the house to the larger bins are cancelled! Just like those school buses...... cancelled!
    @avoncallingu isn't that a sad sign of the times? When a perfectly sound wooden tv cabinet is considered kindling? If it can be repurposed for some other use I'd rather see that. Now if you were stuck freezing somewhere with just a fireplace ( like in so many movies ) then I would say dismantle and use it to keep warm! ha ha
    I'll be off to the physio races later this morning... @Natalka I'll keep you in my thoughts as you are working on your own progress as well. I truly hope the pain subsides so you can accomplish more steps each day.

I saw a small pension bump in my monthly cheque! Should cover the unfortunate increases in some expenses that have already happened along with whatever the rising costs of groceries we will be. In one hand and out the other!
    Speaking of costs..... @Lynn49 I remember well the bill we received from our vet when we had both our dogs teeth cleaned. OUCH!
    Murphy is our inhaler dog, meaning he never chews treats, crunches once and woofs them back, also never chews on any toy bones and such, so he has had his teeth cleaning done more often that Rufus.

At his age ( Rufus is 15 in March ) with his more frail condition I have decided NOT to put him through that procedure anymore. I hope that your DD and family get final approval to take home a second kitty!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Jan 31st, 2019 at 06:41 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Oh Boy it's chilly out! Even Willy think's it's too cold to be out!

Stay warm, stay safe, and get on the mend everyone.
    Have a wonderful day...the Weekend is almost here!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I did it again! Typed out a long, and very clever, I might add, post and then hit the "back" button by mistake! Oiy! I will just say "good morning" at this point.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I was going to take my wagon in a bit to go do groceries even though with wind it's -40.. I don't like asking my aunt for help but she texted me to offer a ride and lunch around noon. She said it's much too cold to walk. If she offers yes I'll take her up on it.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Oh Boy it's chilly out! Even Willy think's it's too cold to be out!

Stay warm, stay safe, and get on the mend everyone.
    Have a wonderful day...the Weekend is almost here!
    Not just the weekend @danger_dan .... the WARM weekend! Three degrees both days and the EIGHT on Monday!?! This is how winter should be Not this polar vortex crap that keeps getting thrown at us.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Not just the weekend @danger_dan .... the WARM weekend! Three degrees both days and the EIGHT on Monday!?! This is how winter should be Not this polar vortex crap that keeps getting thrown at us.
    Not a fan of it warming up so fast...I've mentioned before...the melt and flooding.
    A warm weekend, means I'll have to snow blow around the house and blow it all away late into Friday evening so it's not all sitting around the house.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, folks!!!

Nothing going on, still in hybernation mode, -35 apparently, when DD went into work this morning, +1 on Monday.
    Sure.

I'm not falling for that again!!

Enjoy the day, everyone...stay away from the vehicles ahead of you, although in our experience some idiot just moves in front ot us.
    So....watch out for idiots out there, I don't want to see your vehicle on Rescue 401 next season, heaven forbid!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I, too, enjoyed seeing pics of The Rock this morning!

Not a good sleep last night, and it wasn't the fault of the bed - having it inflated to firm was comfortable. Not sure what's up, otherwise.

Nice and balmy this morning at -19 windchill, but the snow, she is a'coming. Light today and tonight, then 20 to 30 cm tomorrow, so a storm warning is out.

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Very good point @danger_dan , however, we don't have that problem. We're on a decent grade and we have good drainage.
    @Natalka - Lucky you. That's downright balmy! Currently, our temperature is -15 with a windchill of -27.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thread Information