User Tag List

Page 831 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 331 731 781 821 829 830 831 832 833 841 881 931 1331 1831 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,465 of 29340
Like Tree118491Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

CBC called it a "significant seismological event." @Lynn49 . Yikes! Did anything fall down?

I'm trying to write a testimonial about my very good friend for an award that we are nominating her for. It's incredibly difficult. I could write a BOOK about how wonderful she is and how she has always been there for me (and everyone else!) -but restricting it to a few sentences is tough!

I have dismantled quite a bit of the laundry room stuff. I found 4 cordless drills!! I have offered my BrotherB his choice. I will either sell or give away the others!

My BrotherR has received information about his application for federal Disability designation. He is totally confused, at this point. So I am going over there tomorrow while Tootie is at her grooming. I will go and sign the lease in the morning, if this icy roads warning is finished. I must have done something terrible wrt taxation in a former life judging by how I am being tormented now. The tax guy must still be sick because he has not called about re-booking our meeting.

I should finish taking down the shelving in the laundry room.

See ya later!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    CBC called it a "significant seismological event." @Lynn49. Yikes! Did anything fall down?

I'm trying to write a testimonial about my very good friend for an award that we are nominating her for. It's incredibly difficult. I could write a BOOK about how wonderful she is and how she has always been there for me (and everyone else!) -but restricting it to a few sentences is tough!

I have dismantled quite a bit of the laundry room stuff. I found 4 cordless drills!! I have offered my BrotherB his choice. I will either sell or give away the others!

My BrotherR has received information about his application for federal Disability designation. He is totally confused, at this point. So I am going over there tomorrow while Tootie is at her grooming. I will go and sign the lease in the morning, if this icy roads warning is finished. I must have done something terrible wrt taxation in a former life judging by how I am being tormented now. The tax guy must still be sick because he has not called about re-booking our meeting.

I should finish taking down the shelving in the laundry room.

See ya later!
    @avoncallingu, nope, nothing fell down, and since you've lived here before maybe you recall those INCO blasts from the olden days; it was like that only louder and more drawn out. My DH and I hoped that nothing bad happened in any of the mines around here. It was 30km from here, also, so perhaps it caused damage at the epicentre? I'll have to catch the news later.

Has @walkonby checked in here today? I'm trying to remember without going back a couple of pages and losing this...I hope she's alright, I know she had to go out today ... Walkonby? Check in please!
    AH, YES, I looked back and she did post earlier this morning....

Off to watch some tv in bed, although I can't just prop pillows up under my head and back like when I was younger, my back just goes out completely and it feels like it's been broken, so I lay on my side. I guess our next bed, and it may come sooner than later, would be an adjustable one. The joys of getting a lot more mature..

Good night, everyone!

Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Feb 6th, 2019 at 10:55 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

nighty night everyone!! I am supposed to do a physio workout in the morning but......what if i get there and the trainer doesn't show up because if inclement weather? Decisions, decisions!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good night, folks! Sleep tight!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning . We are still having light drizzle of Freezing rain. Everyone who has to be on the road today be extra careful . It’s pretty warm out.
    What a weather we had yesterday.
    I have a few errands I want to do so I will see as the day progresses
    Have a great day all

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

bah...crappy morning commute in.
    Had to drive the gas guzzler into work this morning since it's our vehicle with 4WD...roads were definitely icy out our way...no plowing or sanding at all last night...

busy day at work here.

Have a wonderful, and safe day everyone. There's a mini warm-up on the way for today and tonight
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, fellow SCers! (Thought I would change it up)

Good thing I have indoor parking as I don't have to scrape off the car or I wouldn't be going anywhere. I think it's more challenging out there today than yesterday.

Want to get this whole lease thing settled, though. I will take Tootie with me and see if I can't get into my apartment for a little boo. The other lady will have moved out by now.

Once the lease is in place, I will call Ma Bell and spit in her eye. Well, maybe not but at least turminate our association. And then phone Rogers and bite the bullet about channels, etc.

School busses are cancelled but schools are open so all my "boys" will be back today.

Got to get a move on so that I will not be late.

Have a productive, relaxing, contemplative, fun, day-whatever you are wishing for!

TTFN!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Had a decent sleep in my new location; my husband had come late evening, so he tucked me in, aww...

SO much warmer this morning - windchill of -49 instead of yesterday's -51.

Enjoy your terrific Thursday!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

aww is right! Lovely to enjoy those special moments with your hubby!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just had a wonderful physio session! Got up on my own, straighter than I had been, so that means stronger. Took four steps forward and felt I could have done more, but then I realized that I have to get back to where I started! Side stepping is still not great.

She had come earlier, but it was two hours after I had taken meds and too soon to take more. So we planned it so I took painkillers at 12:30 and have her come just after 1. It worked, it was prime pain coverage.

The last time I took steps forward, I was just starting to take a step back when things got a little cloudy for me, and I told her - she is right beside me, arm on the belt in case she needs it - and she was ready to push me into the bed because I didn't say quickly enough that I was okay, just wanted her to know what I was feeling. But man, these pros - therapists, nurses, aides - they are right ready to zip into action should the need arises.
    I just have to ensure I say what is up very clearly.

Before walking, she had me do some range of motion tests in my hands, arms, and legs.
    I have a "new" problem with my left hand since yesterday. I noticed something felt odd just when I moved my hand on the bedsheet. It just felt funny, like the sensation was different than a normal feeling.
    When the .PT tested it, my pinkie was very weak and would move to the side oddly.
    I don't know what to make of it, I do NOT want something else added to my list of maladies.

I just had my banana cake from lunch, it's amazing how much one appreciates small things - like icing that tastes awesome!

Time for a bit of a rest, I still will have exercises to do later!
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Feb 7th, 2019 at 03:47 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, @Natalka , your progress is impressive! I'm glad the physio was there to check out your hand.

Nice to be "in the moment" appreciating those "everyday" blessings like the taste of a treat!

Tootie got her groom. Oh, she looks and smells so much better! She charms her groomer who calls her the best and cutest dog ever!

Mummy has to wait til next week for my own "grooming". Most of you who keep your hair at a certain length will understand that as it grows - it's alright-it's OK and then suddenly one morning, it's too long and looks terrible!

I'm at the last stage. I waited 8 weeks in between cuts this time and I think I will stick to 6 or 7 weeks.

Choir cancelled tonight because of "freezing drizzle" making walking surfaces too slippery. We're all oldies and can't afford to fall.

Got BrotherR's t ax questions sorted out. It turns out that I might be able to claim some of his credits that he doesn't use because his income is so low, because I "support" him in many ways. He doesn't have to be living with me, apparently.

That might be nice, but do I really want to go back and re-file my income taxes since 2011 when my mum passed away? Maybe in my "spare time" - ha! Whatever THAT is!

Going to get a few things accomplished. Will check in later.

BFN!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Feb 7th, 2019 at 05:07 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Natalka you are doing great. Hope your medical team can figure out what’s going on with your hand.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka likes this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. It's very windy here today and the side walks are slippery I went to take my Thor out but turn back because I didn't want to break bones and for him to get hurts. Will go out later with my older DD shopping and after that I have no plans so maybe a little reading here. Have a great Friday all

Thread Information