User Tag List

Page 981 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 481 881 931 971 979 980 981 982 983 991 1031 1081 1481 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,715 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Um, @Natalka , isn't Vader expecting visitors in her present "condition"? Lol...!
    cabmonk and danger_dan like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

#WeTheNorth!!!! Watch the parade!!!

https://toronto.citynews.ca/video/20...mpionship-win/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Good morning! Humid and warm here today. I am determined to load up on Advil (or have one of Danger Dan's "special coffees") and hoe the weeds out of the garden today.

Had my marathon chat with my parents in NS yesterday. Dad hangs in for about 15 minutes (mostly listening) while Mom and I chat (for at least 2 hours). He wonders what on earth we find to talk about! Lots, when you're on opposite sides of the country and don't see each other often.

Natalka - I don't recall hearing of funeral potatoes before, and looked it up. Oh, boy...it looks so good, but I can understand why only once a year! My grandmother used to make a huge seafood casserole for the Christmas Eve meal that was like that. It was delicious (I still crave it, though haven't have it in decades) but even as a young person, I would jokingly think of it as "heart attack on a plate"!

(How do you tag people in posts, btw? I put the "at" icon before the name and it doesn't seem to work?)

Have a great day, everyone.
    Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Mon, Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:38 AM.
    wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Make sure you spell the person's name exactly as it is @TrueNorthTreasures with no space between the @ and their name

This is me every.. single..day..
    wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Um, @Natalka, isn't Vader expecting visitors in her present "condition"? Lol...!
    No! It's a very good thing she was out of heat last mid- week, or goodness knows how much worse she would have been!

We have had cats in heat before who would "call" (yeowl) at the door when in heat, and try to get outside. Vader has never done that, because she is a strictly indoor cat who has never been outside so she thinks being inside is the only world.

Once she had calmed down after the incident, she was back to being normal Vader.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks @walkonby I will be good soon. Just a little tender and bruised but not a big deal.

Hope everyone one has a good day.
    wendymac, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

@Natalka Thanks so much for those funeral potatoes! Wow. Keep bringing 'em on, lady. Not much going on here but working. DH and I will be taking a mini-vacation by going to Roxodus https://roxodus.com/ which should be an entire blast. We need it. And by then I should know whether I have the job for which I have been auditioning for the last few months. It is either a celebration of continued financial solvency or a washing away of frustrated disappointment. Thus, Roxodos. We'll just pig out on "bad" food and terrific music. Don't worry! I won't go all Woodstock with naked photos of me on drugs appearing in the Globe and Mail. My God, can you imagine how many cancellations THAT would occasion? Clue: it would not be the drugs that triggered them. But if my photos go viral, I will make sure to cite smartcanucks as an important influence on my decision to strip it all away for freedom and human rights. Also...cool in the middle of July.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Am I the only one sitting ere for the past 4 1/2 hrs watching the Raptors' parade broadcast?
    cabmonk, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Am I the only one sitting ere for the past 4 1/2 hrs watching the Raptors' parade broadcast?
    No @Lynn49 I also did
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I’ve been trying to just rest. Maybe go for a walk tomorrow.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

HAHAHAHA!! People asking Justin T for his autograph!! YES! But NO ONE ASKING DOFO Doug Ford for his! LOL ... this and more at Nathan Philips Square in TORONTO!!!!! YEE HAW!!!!

#WeTheNorth

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    No @Lynn49 I also did
    Ahhhhhh, yes, a captive audience, you are, @flemeth ! I was always grateful for distractions like this when I was laid up.
    Ugh! I wish the damn politicians, except for the mayor of Toronto, would just stay home!!! Photo ops. Just crappy.
    cabmonk likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am so emotional and very proud of the T.O. fans who have inundated the City in support of our NBA Champs!! It is like nothing anyone can describe, ya just gotsta see it!! Also the GSW showed complete class and great sportsmanship by taking out a full page ad congratulating the Raptors on their win.

I am a roller coaster right now of both happy and sad.
    Lynn49, cabmonk and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I am so emotional and very proud of the T.O. fans who have inundated the City in support of our NBA Champs!! It is like nothing anyone can describe, ya just gotsta see it!! Also the GSW showed complete class and great sportsmanship by taking out a full page ad congratulating the Raptors on their win.

I am a roller coaster right now of both happy and sad.
    Sad??

Oh! Here they come on stage!!
    cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello my friends! Trying to get my tummy to settle down. Chamomile tea and the BRAT diet. Wow! Something really hit me!

So I had a good long sleep then walked Tootie and have been cleaning some garage sale contributions -like a mini George Foreman grill which would never have sold in the shape it was in. Now it's fairly presentable. I also took apart a mister/humidifier which was totally clogged with salt. Have been soaking the various parts in vinegar. We have such hard water here that people use water softeners. But when you then evaporate the water in the mister-the salt gets left behind. I think I will attach a note that says that it's best to use distilled water. Cleaned up a roasting tin, too.

Tonight people start to bring things in in earnest, and the organization and pricing begins.

I remember watching the slomo Bronco chase but I didn't pay much attention to the trial. My husband said that it was like a cult-following with everyone down south watching. I did tune in for the verdict and remember being absolutely flabbergasted at the "not guilty."

So, I missed the celebration parade. I'm sure that I will catch some highlights.

Anderson Cooper's mother, Gloria Vanderbilt died today at 95. He gave a very moving and interesting eulogy with fascinating info about her life on CNN.

Well, I will catch up with y'all later!
    cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Thread Information