User Tag List

Page 980 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 480 880 930 970 978 979 980 981 982 990 1030 1080 1480 ... LastLast
Results 14,686 to 14,700 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

............to all the Dads out there!!

GS had a wonderful b'day, 12 friends in a pool, on the trampoline, and yes, @walkonby , the waterballoon fight, I heard, was a blast, as were other games they played. Thank heavens the sun was out for most of the day.
    We also celebrated Father's Day and my DH's b'day yesterday, lots of gift-openings and a lot of fun watching the guys open up their gifts!!

Today I've made a brunch casserole that we're bringing over along with a peach cobbler (omgoodness the kitchen smells so sweet! ) for a wee get-together with them.

Enjoy your day, everyone!!!
    Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, we got the gazebo up, the tree cut back a bit so it could go up, and the bbq that we got for DH for father's day put together. Stopped at the store to pick up burgers and a salad and a propane tank for dinner. Now, hopefully the bbq is put together properly and it works

Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woo hoo! What a wonderful show of appreciation @GoJays for your DH for Father's Day!! Enjoy the cookout!!
    Mmmmm, @Lynn49 peach cobbler....drool!! I'll squash my jealous feelings atm, I cannot have anymore cheats for 2 weeks, so truly I say enjoy that dessert!

The batch cooking I finally decided upon was ALL protein.
    I've been making an honest effort to try and use whatever is in the freezers before buying more. Today that meant thawing out a blade roast, searing all sides in a cast iron Dutch oven pot, adding 5 onions cut up. Next to that covered pot in the oven I placed a small roast pan with one of those pre-stuffed turkey breast rolls in it. They cook from a solid frozen state but good golly.....FOUR hours to cook? Yikes, good thing it is low rate hydro on Sundays.

Before I placed those suckers in the oven though I cooked up 2 cauliflower, beet crust pizzas. A Dr. Oteker number that was on sale a few weeks back. Oh yeah, and also thawed out a whole chicken, slathered him with dried herbs and roasted him up crisp in the air fryer!! So....no sides??
    Weeeelllll, since we have no spuds or fresh carrots the gang could always nuke a pkg. of Uncle Bens Bistro Express for a carb......we have some stockpiled. There are frozen veg and still lots of canned peas, green beans so whatever sides the guys want to marry up with these meats for their work meals.......at least I've done my part.

I was trying to just drink my herbal teas for the entire day, as in nothing solid.
    Bwahahaha! I lasted until around 4:30 then had a small plate with some delicious roast beef and onions. The Jays were in the 6th inning at that time and had made it 11-0 then, so I had to celebrate with a meal!
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Jun 16th, 2019 at 05:18 PM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Went for another 8 mile walk today and I didn’t fall lol. My pace from the trail head to Hersey lake means I can do the 5k race in about 43 mins. I want to get it below 40 mins if I can. Hope everyone is doing well today.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Men are in a food coma, I'm trolling the net...

Milan came over, brought huge Angus ribeye steaks which husband BBQed. I made funeral potatoes, which we all love (once a year!). Yummy supper and visiting. Milan had mowed front and back lawns before we ate - I don't foresee either of the men moving for quite a while. They each finished their brontosaurus steaks, I had maybe a third. He had gotten them from a great butcher shop, so they were perfectly fabulous.

Hope you all had a great day!
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Lynn49, GoJays and danger_dan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh lordy! ha ha that gender reveal post was funny @GoJays
    @cabmonk you have become wonderfully active! The area you hike in looks very beautiful, which sure makes the hike more enjoyable. Good you did not fall down this time, hope the scars heal fast.
    @Natalka I was giggling at the Fred Flinstone way you described the meal your guys had yesterday. It sure sounded yummy, but I'll have to Google what funeral potatoes are. ( ?? )

What a great Jays game it was yesterday!! This was the first time they shut the Astros out in their own park. 12-0 final.
    The remaining work in the front yard is coming along slowly but by the end of summer I hope to have a whole new walkway ( it will be a great deal wider! ) to compliment the new brick deck the guys built.
    yesterdays efforts included digging out, lifting up 3 large patio stones, prepping the ground and then placing back a couple of them.
    Bordering these large patio stones on all sides are the same bricks that match the deck.
    Removing a massive concrete step was the first order of business though so I'm certain that part did them in physically. back breaking work.
    The weather has been an interfering factor in all of this but eventually it'll get completed.
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Jun 17th, 2019 at 07:11 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all.
    Not a good start to the morning.
    Am I allowed to have a coffee with some whiskey in it on Monday morning? Preferable without the coffee? Is that a thing?

That's all. Back later.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.
    DANGER

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Morning all.
    Not a good start to the morning.
    Am I allowed to have a coffee with some whiskey in it on Monday morning? Preferable without the coffee? Is that a thing?

That's all. Back later.
    @danger_dan yes you can as long as you don't have to drive and only 1
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@Natalka , yum on those funeral potatoes, and you're so right about "once a year", lol.....but omgosh...I'm craving them now!! Glad you enjoyed the day along with those comatose menfolk.

@walkonby , what a lovely patio, walkway you'll all be able to enjoy this summer...are you getting full use out of those beautiful, cushy patio chairs and footrests?

@danger_dan , yes, absolutely acceptable on a Monday.

I'm just relieved the weekend is over...too much food, kids, outdoors, gifting and generally just being out of the house. Today I'll be confined to this recliner, and it's nice that they've arranged a parade for me to watch.

Enjoy your day, everyone!
    Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn this lovely Monday!

Aw, @danger_dan - chin up, it just has to get better!

Re: the funeral potatoes - I had my son take the leftovers, there was about a quarter of a pan left. He wanted to leave me some for lunch today, but I said nope, I had my fill!

Plus this morning was weigh-in, up 1.6 lbs the past two weeks. I kinda knew it might happen because I have walked way less because of the bum ankle. Milan noticed how much better I was walking yesterday; when he was here a week ago he said he was quite worried about how poorly I was moving and the amount of pain I was in. Yes, it's much better.

@Lynn49 - I peeked to watch a bit of the coverage, amazing to see SO many people, a real sea of red!

Last night as Milan was leaving, my husband walked out with him onto the front deck. I was sitting in the kitchen, when I heard a big hub-bub at the door. I peeked around to see the front door and I saw Vader the cat attacking the screen door (screen/window is on backwards - the window slides down from the top to show the screen). I yelled to ask the guys what was up because it was getting dark so I couldn't see - the cat from across the street had come up the stairs, was rubbing against their legs and Vader reacted.

Good guard cat! Never heard her howl and hiss like that, it was crazy! Then as I was watching, she attacked the window full-on, more howling from her. The cat left, and Milan bent down to tap the window with his hand, saying Vader's name, trying to calm her down. Well, she started hissing at him every time he said something, or put his hand near the window. It was crazy, like nothing we had ever seen or heard from her. She has only ever hissed at the vacuum cleaner, and let loose those deep growly sounds - cat owners will know that sound.
    She really was protecting her turf! Husband came in, but then we had to close the storm door because she kept going to the window and howling - but the cat was long gone.

Finally she calmed down, came to me to lay down and have a rest. What excitement for us all, it was actually quite hilarious!

Have a great day, everyone!
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, 25 years since OJ's Bronco chase!

We were living in Lloydminster, SK/AB then, and I watched it all - and the ensuing trial.

It was crazy last week when some media made a big deal of him starting a Twitter account.

From a video he posted: OJSimpson: "I got a lot of getting even to do."

Name:  5bdb30b013c98.jpeg
Views: 87
Size:  98.6 KB
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Thread Information