User Tag List

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1333Likes

Thread: January 2020 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. took my 1 child to th e grocery store. got fruits and veggies and granola bars. lol .. sale 1.99 and 1.25 back via caddle.
    just puttering aroun today.
    getting laundry done and playng with my only.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight I need to get the stuff done that I didn't do last night!

Warned DS that he will be at my beck and call for 30 mins as soon as get home from work (He will be my errand boy. Give him instructions so to grab this and that and put it downstairs etc) He is also to empty the dishwasher as soon as he gets home from school.

Dinner- Leftovers/fend for yourself. I have other stuff I need to get done. And the kitchen is to be left clean and tidy as it was left when I went to bed last night! Finish up the laundry. Take the dog for a walk! (this is important for the dog and me!)

I am in selling mode. Starting tomorrow I am on a mission to post and sell all our junk. I am going to tuck the money away and decide what it is for later but I need to get at this. I think I just need to grab a bin and sort it into groups and post for sale. My goal by Jan 31st is to have $80 Cash in the "Crap Sold jar".
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    WOW today is feeling like a long day. I had a bad night last night which lead to by the time I went to bed I had a massive headache and was not feeling well at all, I think all the happens of last night really affected me as I did not sleep well. So I woke up with a massive headache and feeling even worse but staying home was not an option today.

I started my morning by coming to work, dropping off my car, picking up bros car, taking bros car to our other location so his windshield can be replaced, then Dad's assistant picked me up and brought me back. This was all before 9 am.

My boss was coming today so my plan had been to leave when he left but we had 2 other people go home sick so me leaving was not an option. Good news is someone offered to cover the one person so I do not have to stay until 5 tonight. Honestly I do not think I would I make it to 5 tonight.

I got some cleaning done last night but nearly as much as I had planned because I had one my I call them attacks. I have been told they are not panic attacks as the symptoms do not line up, I had them in my late teens and early 20s and was told stress was the trigger and honestly I haven't had one in over 10 years but just before Christmas they came back. I had 1 before Christmas and was like okay, since we have come back to work I have had 2 more. After I was able to calm down (took almost an hour), I was exhausted and just emotionally done. I really hope things improve soon but I am pretty sure I know what is setting all of this off, it is this situation we are dealing with and at this point honestly I am having a hard time seeing this ended in our favour. I can see the longer it goes on the more it is affecting me and honestly I am just so exhausted.

I discussed the current situation with Mom last night and she is doing everything to try to help me feel better but honestly holding on to hope for a good outcome to becoming harder and harder.

Alright well with that being said, my day is almost over and hopefully I can find the ambition to tackle a few more items on my to do list when I get home tonight. I would like to make a big dent tonight but we will have to see how I feel once I get home.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -take one day at a time dont get too overwelmed .I know its easier said than done -hugs

I just called 3 companies for coupons ,gotta get on the saving bandwagon and up my game this year or try to be on top of the deals too
    Ciel, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I needed out of the office at lunch but didn't bring my gym clothes. Decided to go park my car and walk around Bulk Barn, Giant Tiger and $ store to just look and not buy and get some steps in. I am in "not spending" mode. It also helps that I am shopping healthy only and all the sale stuff seems to be junk.

I pm'd the biggest nicest pineapple the other day at WM (from FB $1.88 flyer) I can't wait till it is ripe to cut up for the kids. I plan to make DS smoothies the next 2 mornings for before school. I will prep them tonight in mason jars so they are ready to mix and take! Bulk barn has smoothie stainless steel straws for .99 so I will make sure to grab a few next time I have a bulk barn coupon to use.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ok.. took my 1 child to th e grocery store. got fruits and veggies and granola bars. lol .. sale 1.99 and 1.25 back via caddle.
    just puttering aroun today.
    getting laundry done and playng with my only.
    How much are potatoes in your neck of the woods. I have been seeing 10Lb bags for $4.97 and $5.97 around here. We will make due with other stuff. Not that we eat lots but mashed potatoes just go with roast beef and gravy! Happy I have my frozen veggies in the freezer waiting to be used up!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    I wish this snow would go away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I watched the evening news to see how impacted BC and AB were by the snow. I don't envy the temperature drops but snow is better than a heat wave, right? The melt will be along eventually. Care to visit Ontario and enjoy more snow (coming soon)?
    One Vancouver man was in knit shorts (in the segment because that is what he always wore in the non-snowy winters). He must be a really warm person--I'd have turned red in seconds due to the cold.
    GoodBoy likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

We got 25cm snow today

Ciel and GoodBoy like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night, I was reaching for a package of Lipton's Chicken Noodle soup mix and read the ingredients-at least one soy product in it. Had to cook Asian veggie mix instead and add salt, chili flakes and herbes de Provence. Enjoyed some poundcake and Fruitsations applesauce for dessert. I have pitched my Kraft peanut butter (soybean oil; I need to find a peanut butter without the soy) and will have to stop eating cracked wheat bread (soy!)--must consider getting back to making my own dinner rolls or foregoing store bread. Feels like a food obstacle mountain is looming higher everytime I find a fave food item has soy.

Had 20 cents in can refunds yesterday and 40 cents today. As the overcast day was cool and dry, it meant a perfect time to check the yard for branches and leaves and do some laundry loads and get the files put into boxes. I don't have enough file folders for my papers (I did shred some, so that was bliss); however the papers to be boxed are in said box for now. Will move onto another stack of papers and keep rolling along. Reorganized a few drawers and it felt great. Also on this week's agenda-get that household maintenance manual going and where to find supplies or which tools are needed. There may come a time that someone else will have to do things I usually do and if my health worsens, I won't be climbing up ladders to clean the eaves or doing too much bending for yard waste pickup. Since August, I've been thinking "what-ifs" about my health and what's in my control to organize and not get stuck on the things I cannot control yet.

On the topic of coupons-I saw that Mom had torn up a very valid coupon and since that particular one comes and goes, I have to chat with her about what her issue was with it. Every dollar saved helps with the monthly cash flow. Next month could be a pricey one (property taxes, a memorial meal) and March has some annual bills due for renewal too.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Not-so-frugal file:

After purchasing the specific button cell for watch #2, I could not get the watch cover to snap in at all after many attempts. Today I tried using the hair dryer to heat up the watch face (hoping heat would expand the metal casing) and attempting to snap in cover after placing battery. Nothing doing. Then, one strap end (not stitched below the strap bar) unglued itself. So the watch is useless in two ways. Think I'll be getting the hammer out to bang out the metal before recycling the lot. Will save the battery (it was full price!).

Forgot to mention this last week but the Hudson Bay senior's day age went back to 60 on the flyer. It was 55 in December (was that a way to get more customers into the stores)?

Today is seniors and students discount day at Bulk Barn.

Next Monday, Talize has a 50% off pink and purple tags sale.
    GoodBoy likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    We got 25cm snow today

Snowcone time! But wow, that is quite a lot.
    Angela273 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My daycare has been open 11hrs/day this week. One daycare girl is leaving my care at the end of January. Her mom is due with baby #2 in February. I am happy that I was able to arrange an interview with a new potential daycare this Sunday.
    I haven’t been called to teach yet in 2020.
    edit: A new daycare parent’s son started at my daycare in December. Today she was already mentioning possibly moving her son to part-time, which isn’t something that I offer and it’s definitely not in her daycare contract. *sigh* Just when I was thinking things might be evening out. That optimism was short lived.
    Love it when people invent their own rules. My daycare provider last year was pretty strict about her contract. I liked it. I knew what to expect. Unfortunately, most people will try to bend for their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My daycare interview just cancelled. They were supposed to interview tomorrow afternoon. When she scheduled the daycare interview she was so happy about it. Now she says she is going to wait until her son is 18 months old before she returns to work. She has been promised a spot at a large daycare when he is 18 months old. *sigh*
    I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i have laundry going. still.
    laundry. so much laundry. and work on my room.
    We are swimming in ours right now. Things are getting clean, but the cycle is unending so we are living out of bins until we catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    There will be something good coming out of your perseverance in regards to ways of filling your days with income opportunities, @Angela273.
    @Ciel @Angela273 Love this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I am in selling mode. Starting tomorrow I am on a mission to post and sell all our junk. I am going to tuck the money away and decide what it is for later but I need to get at this. I think I just need to grab a bin and sort it into groups and post for sale. My goal by Jan 31st is to have $80 Cash in the "Crap Sold jar".
    I love your "Crap Sold jar." Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    sassy -take one day at a time dont get too overwelmed .I know its easier said than done -hugs
    @coupon girl @SassyAshley Good advice

All caught up on reading. To those of you under the weather whether with physical illness or maintaining your mental wellness, wellness is important take the rest you need to heal.
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Jan 15th, 2020 at 06:08 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

The Frugal
    -My grandfather is now in LTC and his house closes at the end of the month. As I was the only of 6 grandchildren to help my mom and aunt with home clean out we have been generously blessed with some needs and wants without financial investment...just some of our time. A garden trailer, a bed, a newer and larger TV, a dresser to name a few items. We plan to pay-it-forward with our items we will be replacing.
    -We are going to an Ontario Hockey League game through Autism Ontario (my oldest is on the spectrum with Asperger's) and got tickets for $5 a piece. We are taking my nephew and his dad as part of my nephew's birthday gift.

The NOT-so-Frugal
    -I have more deductions from my salary in January than other months so their is shortfall in the budget to make up for with hubby not working.
    -We are totally going to buy food at the hockey game!

Life
    -My friend in hospital passed last weekend. The memorial is Saturday.
    -My grandmother (who just moved to assisted living) fell (again) and is in hospital (again). She required staples in her head. We may be looking at LTC for her now too.
    -My middle daughter got her tonsils out yesterday and is doing well.
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Jan 15th, 2020 at 06:10 PM.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    How much are potatoes in your neck of the woods. I have been seeing 10Lb bags for $4.97 and $5.97 around here. We will make due with other stuff. Not that we eat lots but mashed potatoes just go with roast beef and gravy! Happy I have my frozen veggies in the freezer waiting to be used up!
    same price.
    not impressed with it . sigh. we have been doing alot of rice and noodles...
    but i would love a good shepards pie... with garlic mashed ... sihg
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Granger Hugs to you and your family for all the changes in life that met you lately. How wonderful that you could get something from your grandfather's home for your home (give your mother and aunt lots of attention and praise for doing that hard cleaning task as well!). It matters-a friend had a chance to pick something of a late aunt's things before all her furnishings were taken away. Friend is rather sad about how fast that happened once her relatives took charge of emptying the apartment.

Condolences on the passing of your friend (hugs). A saying recently seen: A library is lost every time a person passes away (based on an African saying).
    SassyAshley likes this.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information