User Tag List

Page 1268 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 268 768 1168 1218 1258 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1278 1318 1368 1768 ... LastLast
Results 19,006 to 19,020 of 29342
Like Tree118506Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.
    Another day.
    Have a safe and enjoyable day everyone.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    Another beautiful day out . Went out for an early walk with Thor everyone in my neighbourhood is doing physical distancing. We are all talking to each other from either side of the street when passing people will also be walking on the corner of the road to do the 6 ft physical distancing.

Well got through my DR appointment yesterday there was no other patient there except me. I took longer that I thought because some test had to be done. Not sure I am being paranoid but as soon as I got home everything went into the wash and I went into the shower. Just want to be safe .

Please everyone take care of yourself and each other. Stay safe and have a great day

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thirsty Thursday greetings.
    Got beer mail last night so I’m good again.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

No, @flemeth , you are not being paranoid, that's helping us all. Thanks. Looks like another beautiful day out there.

We have 2 Long term care facilities that have someone (or 2) testing positive. My BrotherR also told me that someone in his facility is in isolation. I just freaked out and called my other brother saying that we need to get BrotherR out of there. But after we thought about the process, we realized that out of the 3 of us, BrotherR , despite his mobility issues, is the only one who does not have an "underlying condition. "

If either BrotherB or I brought him into our homes, he could spread the virus to someone who might not survive it. Isn't that awful that we have to think that way? It breaks my heart!

Well, it's past time to walk Tootie. She's getting restless.

Have a good day, my friends!

Love you all!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    No, @flemeth , you are not being paranoid, that's helping us all. Thanks. Looks like another beautiful day out there.

We have 2 Long term care facilities that have someone (or 2) testing positive. My BrotherR also told me that someone in his facility is in isolation. I just freaked out and called my other brother saying that we need to get BrotherR out of there. But after we thought about the process, we realized that out of the 3 of us, BrotherR , despite his mobility issues, is the only one who does not have an "underlying condition. "

If either BrotherB or I brought him into our homes, he could spread the virus to someone who might not survive it. Isn't that awful that we have to think that way? It breaks my heart!

Well, it's past time to walk Tootie. She's getting restless.

Have a good day, my friends!

Love you all!
    @avoncallingu , our DD and GS walked over yesterday, my Hubby arranged the patio chairs as far apart as possible on our deck, put out the cushions, then our SIL arrived with a few groceries we needed. I went inside to bring him a can of Coors with a Lysol wipe so he could clean it after I touched it.....my cough is gone, but we're trying to be as careful as we can. Our DD passed me her phone and cleaned it before they left.....this is our new norm.

On the upside the 5 of us can still meet up safely.

I hope your brother stays in his apartment, he's safe there if he doesn't wander.

Stay well, my Friend!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The thoughts that cross my mind every time I pick anything up!! Who in the house touched this last? When did THEY last wash their hands or Purell them? ( 2 members here are still going to work every day, third goes in PT )
    The daily wiping down of the remotes, keyboards, table tops, knobs, it was an especially intense round with the spray disinfectant in the kitchen only because I was the first one up and it was before 6 a.m.
    So paranoia? Perhaps, but a healthy kind.

So painful to read your post @avoncallingu in making decisions and choices wrt own blood relatives. How does anyone make sense of a 6 week old newborn dying from this covid19 and a 102 yr. old woman surviving the 1918 pandemic and now recovering from this one too!
    This virus is so random, so no should feel safer than anyone else because of age or health.

o.k. I better go deep fry a big batch of homemade thick cut chips now, that'll calm me down a bit.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    The thoughts that cross my mind every time I pick anything up!! Who in the house touched this last? When did THEY last wash their hands or Purell them? ( 2 members here are still going to work every day, third goes in PT )
    The daily wiping down of the remotes, keyboards, table tops, knobs, it was an especially intense round with the spray disinfectant in the kitchen only because I was the first one up and it was before 6 a.m.
    So paranoia? Perhaps, but a healthy kind.

So painful to read your post @avoncallingu in making decisions and choices wrt own blood relatives. How does anyone make sense of a 6 week old newborn dying from this covid19 and a 102 yr. old woman surviving the 1918 pandemic and now recovering from this one too!
    This virus is so random, so no should feel safer than anyone else because of age or health.

o.k. I better go deep fry a big batch of homemade thick cut chips now, that'll calm me down a bit.
    D-deep fry?! Omgosh...why do you live so far away?! We could sit 6' apart on your patio eating those all day! Do fries go with red or white wine?!

DH made me fries twice yesterday, lol...the first air fried ones sort-of dried instead of reaching that fried state, so I suggested perhaps tossing them in oil next time. Hm....so he immediately peeled a few more potatoes and they were great! Not like your real deep fried ones, but a pretty good substitute with a ton of vinegar on them! Enjoy, Walks!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @avoncallingu , our DD and GS walked over yesterday, my Hubby arranged the patio chairs as far apart as possible on our deck, put out the cushions, then our SIL arrived with a few groceries we needed. I went inside to bring him a can of Coors with a Lysol wipe so he could clean it after I touched it.....my cough is gone, but we're trying to be as careful as we can. Our DD passed me her phone and cleaned it before they left.....this is our new norm.

On the upside the 5 of us can still meet up safely.

I hope your brother stays in his apartment, he's safe there if he doesn't wander.

Stay well, my Friend!
    He's actually in a retirement home, @Lynn49 . That's why I am so fearful for his safety.
    Newfiescreech and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    He's actually in a retirement home, @Lynn49 . That's why I am so fearful for his safety.
    Ah, yes, I forgot....not uncommon for me. I hope they're following the best protocols for keeping their residents safe.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@avoncallingu - I know what I did was really stupid....

I just think all of this is like being in a frightening other world - streets deserted, stores restricted by having a certain number of people - my husband went to Sobeys yesterday, max number of shoppers allowed was 20. A nearby butcher allows four in at a time.

My niece's shower was to have been yesterday, of course it was cancelled. They had to make alternate wedding arrangements for October in case this was still going on. She was lucky, though, got everything the same for ceremony and reception.

My sweet husband ❤️ just washed my hair and did a back braid. My hair is just so much more thinned out than it was, bummer.
    My niece and two sisters are so worried that their dye jobs will grow out and they will show grey roots - and then there is me, an occasional grey strand and that's it. Honestly, I couldn't care less - my oldest sister went natural and now has this gorgeous snowy white hair.
    My mom only got little patches of grey in her early 60s, and just used a mousse to cover that.

I am going to listen to the radio for a bit, to get my feet up. My fabulous husband will be doing the dishes!

Take care, everyone!

Name:  .facebook_1585850066957.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  49.3 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Apr 2nd, 2020 at 06:59 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Have a wonderful rest of the day folks.
    Long day, work done, back tomorrow.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was second guessing whether to post this Coronavirus Letter To Humanity
    as it may seem rather harsh, but it's just some words that kind of force us all to think a little more,
    maybe try a little harder.

The earth whispered but you did not hear.
    The earth spoke but you did not listen
    The earth screamed but you turned her off.
    And so I was born...
    I was not born to punish you..
    I was born to awaken you..
    The earth cried out for help...
    Massive flooding. But you didn't listen.
    Burning fires. But you didn't listen.
    Strong hurricanes. But you didn't listen.
    Terrifying Tornadoes. But you didn't listen.

You still don't listen to the earth when.
    Ocean animals are dying due to pollutants in the waters.
    Glaciers melting at an alarming rate.
    Severe drought.
    You didn't listen to how much negativity the earth is receiving.
    Non-stop wars.
    Non-stop greed.
    You just kept going on with your life..
    No matter how much hate there was..
    No matter how many killings daily..
    It was more important to get that latest iPhone then worry about what the earth was trying to tell you..

But now I am here.
    And I've made the world stop on its tracks.
    I've made YOU finally listen.
    I've made you take refuge.
    I've made you stop thinking about materialistic things..
    Now you are like the earth...
    You are only worried about YOUR survival.
    How does that feel?
    I give you fever.. as the fires burn on earth.
    I give you respiratory issues.. has pollution fill the earth air.
    I give you weakness as the earth weakens every day.
    I took away your comforts..
    Your outings.
    The things you would use to forget about the planet and its pain.
    And I made the world stop...
    And now...
    China has better air quality..
    Skys are clear blue because factories are not spewing pollution unto the earth's air.
    The water in Venice is clean and dolphins are being seen. Because the gondola boats that pollute the water are not being used.
    YOU are having to take time to reflect on what is important in your life.
    Again I am not here to punish you.. I am here to Awaken you...
    When all this is over and I am gone... Please remember these moments..
    Listen to the earth.
    Listen to your soul.
    Stop Polluting the earth.
    Stop Fighting among each other.
    Stop caring about materialistic things.
    And start loving your neighbors.
    Start caring about the earth and all its creatures.
    Start believing in a Creator.
    Because next time I may come back even stronger....

Signed,
    Coronavirus
    That is exactly how I believe the earth has felt, it was a feeling that I have felt for a long time we don't think this earth feels but my inner being has felt that it does - we need to change and change for the better xx
    Written by: Vivienne R Reich

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks @walkonby !

Let's hope we do listen.

Thread Information