User Tag List

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Angela273 Hugs to you for missing your cat. We lost our last pet 5 years ago now and I just can't do another cat. I loved him so much. He was a Himalayan. We have a wild cat on property. He helps with the mice. Every time we think he his gone, he makes an appearance. We call him McSwat because when he was a kitten he use to swat at my husband.

@Giseledta I am glad you are looking hopeful for September even if the summer months are looking more slim. We are now on month 9 of one income unexpectedly and are doing okay!

I am done school and taking a full week to veg. My whole classroom is in my basement now so I am learning to live with that clutter! We are also getting retro pay for our contract settlement in July. Our budget is still $500 short each month that we have to make up somehow, so the retro pay should help keep us debt free. We have been creative so far so I am not worried. We may trim the budget still as I would like to save for a new mattress, fence and front door.

Off to weed and read. We will also be making jam as my daughter decided to pick the mulberries from our tree this morning.

AND my sister had her baby yesterday. A healthy boy. First boy on my side of the family. His name is Cooper. My sister is super cautious about COVID so if I can hold him prior to his first birthday I will count myself blessed.
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Jun 29th, 2020 at 11:06 AM.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats Granger on the Nephew

I know the feeling with babies, my cousin's wife was posting pics of the kids the other day and their younger who last time we saw was Christmas (he was a month old) is now 7 months old. I told her to tell him he needs to stop growing cause his Aunt wants to come and get in some cuddle time in before he is constantly on the go like his older brother. But with Covid we cannot chance it with the kids, I have seen my siblings now that they expanding the gathering limit but I won't be travelling to see the niece and nephews anytime soon, although my niece does regularly call me on Facebook
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Congrats granger on your new nefew ,cute name !

I decided i wasnt going grocery shopping before the holiday ,but went to zarkys at 9.00 a.m when they opened this morning spent $49.
    grapes 3.49 a pound
    pears 1.99 a pound
    leaf lettuce 1.29
    bag of apples 3.99
    local strawberries 4.99 and so yummy
    heinz ketchup 1.99
    nabob k-cups 9.99 for 30expires in july who cares saves hubby from going to timmies or mcdonalds for coffee.
    plus a few other items

Giselta- i feel i am going to be like a daycare 3 kids under 6 on mondays -not every week thou as daughter is only sending sebastian 5 times this summer -so good thing i got waterguns ,bubbles ,kinetic sand and a beach hard ball to kick around

My grocery money spent is high for june i spent a lot ,but then again i was able to stock up on toilet paper ,laundry soap ,dish soap stuff i needed for when a second wave hits .I still havent been able to find clorex wipes ,but i had some down the basement from last year .
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided to put a small load of laundry one since I can hang it to dry and put away quickly today. Then I'm keeping up on it.

What should I have for lunch? I am so tired of food! Maybe just a fruit smoothie. So much frozen fruit to use up! I'm not allowing myself too buy anymore till the 10 or so bags we have are gone. DS will be having them all week for an afternoon treat.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Kit kat boxe :I got my box today and the chocolate was fine 4 huge bars and 3 ruby cocoa bars happy!!! Put them in the fridge.That was more fast then I was expecting.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have had 5 pick ups today which resulted in $49!! Tons of junk gone out of the house. I also emptied 2 boxes from garage and posted more for sale just now. Hopefully will result in pick ups for tomorrow (I am done for the day)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jun 29th, 2020 at 09:08 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wow tried to weed my front garden with my long hair wet ,but still way too hot .At least i got half done .

I just called joe fresh wow ordered may 28th returned by mail may29th -still waiting for the refund ,she told me at least 4-5 weeks after we recieve it plus the shipping of the new order is off by a week too .I tell you a lot of people are still shopping online as i can hardley find size large or x-large .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I won another fpc from the kellogs soccer contest.But for the 6 my essay got rejected that suck!They are so severe
    Supper is chicken with rice
    Ciel likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I won another fpc from the kellogs soccer contest.But for the 6 my essay got rejected that suck!They are so severe
    Supper is chicken with rice
    This contest has a max limit of 5 per household.
    ROMEO, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well, I lacked focus all day so I ended up working on all of the day to day stuff for work and not my projects but that is life.

I have decided to start selling stuff again, I need the space in my house back and my plan is to use whatever money we make to buy new furniture, starting with the shelving for the basement. I dropped a few of my prices in hopes of moving stuff quickly. I have had a few bites but most want delivery and I am not willing to drive 15 minutes each way to drop off a $1 or $2 item.

Made the Instant Pot Lasagna for Dinner, it was good, it won't replace real lasagna but a good substitute when you do not have time or don't want to turn the oven on to make proper lasagna. I think next time I would actually use less Ricotta, there was a little too much for my liking.

Did not get anything done on the basement, sometimes you have to pick your battles and I knew pushing Mom today would not be good. I did point out we need to spend some time down there on Wednesday as soon we are going to need to do laundry and right now I cannot access the washer or dryer.

Okay 1.5 hours to go and this work day is over.

Have a great night everyone
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by CheriLyn View Post
    This contest has a max limit of 5 per household.
    Oh that explain why thanks for pointing out this
    Ciel and CheriLyn like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

2 pick-ups arranged for tomorrow. Another $10 to add to the pot.

I feel that i can really start cleaning the garage in the next few days. I will pull the last few mystery boxes in the morning and sort and post for sale.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Jun 30th, 2020 at 09:35 AM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well it looks like a spate of hot hot hot weather on its way!! Today was the tenth day of 30C+ in Toronto this year. Forecast is for more. Glad the AC units (ductless) are working fine and hydro is low all day this summer!!

JadeAngel, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So exausted.....1 other bins ready for recycling....My goal is to tidy up and do the cleaning of the whole appart in the summer....so so many things ...purging etc...not finding my 2 favorites perfumes and my 5 kellogs ned fpcs coupons made me sad.huh
    have a good night everyone,.

Anyone heard of green tire for me.and ciel they seems to post less often...
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning ,was up way too early 3.45 think i fell back asleep for a bit ,but the baby birds chirping early on kept me awake .

It is hair cut day 11.30 so excited for my haircut a highlight of my week thats for sure .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information