User Tag List

Page 1353 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 353 853 1253 1303 1343 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1363 1403 1453 1853 ... LastLast
Results 20,281 to 20,295 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, I made our decision: we opted out of the party. My gf here, having seen that I'm having trouble breathing as it is, in this humidity...that it exhausts me, that if I get sick I'll have a problem pulling out if it. There are now 4 covid cases in Sudbury. So much for opening up!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Lynn49 - your health is the first priority- It's disappointing but I think you have made the best decision for you and your family.

The weather and the times and the stress is putting everyone on edge around here. Been putting out fires to do with the Association all day in between trying to clean up and cook.

Also doing laundry which is my weekend tradition along with watching Bones. Haven't even seen one episode yet this weekend.

Will catch up later.

BFN!
    Natalka, ROMEO and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I can't tell you how happy I am with your decision @Lynn49
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Lynn49 I am also happy with the decision you made to opt out of that party.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Lynn49 I am also happy with the decision you made to opt out of that party.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, @avoncallingu , @GoJays , @flemeth . Our street is a fairly intimate setting, generally, we all get along, if there's a fire, it's an invitation to pull up a patio chair...if anyone is outside, it's chat, talk, and it usually ends on the deck for a drink. A very secluded street.

I just didn't want to be "that person" who opted out.

So...they cancelled the whole thing!!!

Had a lovely evening with the kids and their friends who also live here, then to our neighbour's fire across the street, all social distancing, then our DD and DH went to their friend's while their wee 2 1/2 yr old slept....our GS went swimming at 8-ish , then here for a card game (crazy 8 count-down, which I finally won!), then at 10:50, went up the hill to meet up with his parents, and we're having our final drinks, then head to bed.

Now, do y'all get why we go home to rest?! Lol!

Hope you all had a lovely Saturday.
    Natalka, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Had a good supper with a friend in the building then watched 2 episodes of Bones with her. Laundry mostly done.

Just going to read a couple of chapters (very short chapters) of a book she loaned me. I had given her one to read too, called "Angels Along the Way." It's about how animals are like angels in our lives.

See what a good influence you are on your neighbours, @Lynn49 ! Glad you won't miss out.

I have finished another patch for my sample patch afghan. It's getting harder to pick good patterns that fit the varigated yarn. But there are 60 to choose from.

Went to yoga this morning. It was blissful.

Will say, "Good night, sleep well, wakeup refreshed."
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

so yeah, I know it is past 3 a.m. but my nap went awry and well.... anyhow, I just read about the get together @Lynn49 and it makes perfect sense that they would cancel the entire thing if you cannot attend. So there are 3 cases of the covid now in Sudbury? That would be a good number for us in T.O. , we're still in double digits I think.

Oh that stew I made!!! I should not toot my own horn but the flavour!! If anyone is interested in adding a lovely taste to a beef stew splash Kraft Raspberry Vinaigrette over the meat when it's searing.

I should really try to catch a few more zzz's. ta ta all.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hahaha.. @walkonby , although I'd like to believe that no party is complete without me in attendance, I think that when we pulled out it made them have another good 'ol think about it all, and with the reasons I gave them for our decision, decided to cancel. Yes, we all chat with each other here and there, meet up at campfires, on decks for drinks, we do maintain our distance. There are couples down the road from us that we don't sit around with, just short chats, and they have their grandkids over on the weekend, and I said that it's a concern for me....their grandkids, their parents, their parents' friends...where have they all been??
    Others have gone to hairdressers, nail salons (really??!), shopping, eating our with friends...yah. I want NONE of that, thankewverymuch!

Love your suggestion of the raspberry vinaigrette enhancing your stew. I usually stay away from Kraft dressings since they all taste so fake, but their more "odd" ones aren't too bad. However, if I find the same one from another company, I'll choose that. The best part of fall are those lovely stews, soups, casseroles. BBQ-ing can get old....

Ok!! Time to unpack a few things and relax!

Stay well, everyone, stay away from everyone else, just keep safe...

And YEP!
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Anyone familiar with those HGTV shows can relate to this:

walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How's everyone today?
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

*sigh*

I am so bored!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, Happy Sunday everyone!

Here, I think things have eased up for me a little bit. After days of nausea etc. from that one awful drug I take, yesterday and today are mostly just getting past gastritis which I had for two days. Sigh, there is just no letting up!

At least I was most of the time able to get to a stand with the walker by myself, instead of having my husband assist me with a heave up. I mean, there were times I tried over a dozen times - and that just put me out of breath and hurt my knees and back more.

I don't remember if I wrote it here earlier in the week, but I got phonecalls from the doc Wednesday and Thursday. She is not the 'main' doc, but I am coming to like her very much. She is very thorough, which I love in a doc.

Got a call from my family doc (odd situation, I haven't seen him since I couldn't do the stairs) for a phonecall consult on the fourth. Actually not sure what for, I asked the nurse and she could not tell me. He is probably just wondering where I am because he would've getting copies of bloodwork results, for example.

Husband has been in a bad way for almost two weeks now. I feel so badly I cannot do anything to help him...
    @avin callingu - Vader the kitty keeps me sane! There is nothing like a purring, snuggling cat to soothe me! Or, her being stoopid and making us laugh!

Tablet is still messed up, a bit better than it was, but it has been doing some very odd things!
    I will have to catch some of the Hallmark movies, I totally forgot about them!

Hoping everyone has a great day!

Name:  a_pile_of_lemurs_kee.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  529.2 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lemurs!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Thread Information