User Tag List

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Its freezing out there. i am so not ready for winter.
    Just had a shower and now we will watch a movie. Night!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did not feel very well tonight so my father accepted the challenge of shopping the deals for me .Those are deals I cannot pass lol!!!! Actually he is very good for price matching,using coupons and points.
    Cashier was apparently friendly to him even she was new
    The --- they did not have the provigo 4 packs iogo yogurt they dont hold it so no yogurt and no pm for me..would had been a sweet deal 1,00$ a pack minus 0,50$ coupon
    The catchow cat food was cleared out on the 2 shelves no more 2 kg only 2 bags of 1,6 kg...wow some people must be clearing the shelves because of the points (1000) and the 4$ insert coupons and it in the flyer for 6,98$..still happy he is brought home 1 pack
    I subscribed to caddle for offer on captain crunch berrries cereals 3,00$ but the offer diseapeared by the time I wanted to submit receipt..not sure what I did wrong...i wrothe to their
    Used 11,00$ iin coupons and redeemed 10 000 pc points (10$) because i was sure of my shoot and give him 20$ for the shopping and I said redeem points so less oop

so here a resume :
    Captain Crunch berries cereals*hope they are good* pm super c @2,00$ -1,00$ coupon (all the quaker coupons are from tasty rewards)-=1,00$
    Quaker Muffins ready to do i wrothe carrot next time I will buy chocolate chip cookies or mufffins 2,98$ minus 0,75$ coupon=2,23$
    Quaker cereal crunch apple crisp pm super c@2,00$ minus 1,00$=1,00$
    Quaker dip bars @1,98$ x2 minus 0,50$ x 2 -=1,48$ each pack
    Purina Cat chow dry food for cat @6,98$ minus 4,00$ insert coupon (thanks to @Ciel) minus 1000 pc poiints=1,98$
    Pringles chips x 4 @1,00$ minus 2 coupons of 1,00$ wub2=0,50$ each can
    Red Graps: pm iga @0,99$ lbs
    QuakerFlavored oatmeals various varities pounches in the pack: 2,50$ minus 1,50$ coupon=1,00$

so after paying with 10 000 pc points the total was a whopping 6,45$ oop..happy dance
    and I still have 16 095 points

thanks father!!!!

used a lots of coupons,some of those deals will be repeated when I will feel better....because the coupon where 1 per costumer and I respect that
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Oct 16th, 2020 at 09:41 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    What can I say other than 2020 is the year that just keeps giving.

On Thursday I had come up with a plan I was going to take to my boss to get back on top of being me. I was going to rotate between 2 locations, plus work with the 3rd location remotely (they are out of town and I am just not at a point of wanting to stay in Hotels and live out of a Hotel for a week so this is the new norm for the time being remote training) as well I would take 1 day a week and catch up on being me and all of my tasks and projects. Well instead I learned we are now a manager down and my plan went out the window.

So are are now down 5 people across 3 locations so starting next week I will be taking on more to fill the gaps. We have a plan for next week but the following week is still up in the air as we are already down one person on Order Desk (should be 3, we have 2) and with everything going on we all forgot that one of the two remaining is on vacation. So this week I need to come up with a plan for that week but that won't happen until Wednesday or Thursday when I see how this week goes first.

I had hoped to get some stuff done around the house today but that just is not going to happen. I have to work as none of the paperwork is done to start production on Monday so I need to get that done. So my new plan is work today and see if tomorrow I can get some stuff done around the house tomorrow. Although as I think about it now maybe I will toss a few things in the Slow Cooker and just let it go all day and at least we will have some food in the fridge.

I also need to come up with a new plan for dinner, originally I was going to make Beef Stew as it could just sit on the Stove and Simmer and I would not have to worry or think about it until I needed the veggies at the end. But, Mom made Pot Roast Stew yesterday (she was home yesterday) so now I need a plan B for dinner.

Alright time to get back to work and see just how much I can knock out this morning and see where this day takes me.

Have a great day everyone
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Beautiful out by the Bay of Quinte this morning. There was a big fog on the bay as it starts to cool off. Luckily no one was duck hunting off the trail this morning so my dog and I had a pleasant walk.

I contacted Dare foods yesterday re some gummie bear inconsistencies (they are my fix since quitting smoking 8 months ago) They are sending me 2 fpcs (I'm really glad I kept the old package as well for them to submit info to the quality control dept)

Today is going to be a chill and relax day. I want to clean out a corner cupboard to reorganize baking supplies for the winter.
    I also want to get the room humidifers cleaned out and ready to go. I'm glad I stocked up on vinegar.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!!
    Feeling a lot better this morning!!!! Now we get tell the harvest marche will be only one person starting next week...so I wont go only my father will go...but at the same time I understand because we are in a red zone...saw a contest for winning price of gourmet backet products so I entered..hope to win fingers crossed

with my grocery today at maxi and cie free merci dark chocolate bar 100 gr...I have to ask it at costumer desk because they did not give me one at the cash grrr...and yesterday my father forgot to ask so he did not get one..so ....grr

Basically I repeated the same deals as yesterday and added 2 rice krispies squares 1,98$ each pack(submitted receipt for a free snack fpc) minus 1,00$ coupon,2 cheez it cracker(no coupon grr but 1$ on each check out 51) and they where 2,00$ ,4 kraft dressing pm super c at 2$ minus 1wub2 coupons x4 (the big bottle 475 ml) they had a good varities not like last time..may go back for more has I eat a lot of salad during winter months and some candy 4,78$ (starbusts,and skittles) i think that is ...redeemed 10$ and points and paid the rest

Have a wonderfull afternoon everyone!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Oct 17th, 2020 at 12:50 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Decided I need a break from working and decided to put both Crock-Pots to use.

My small Slow Cooker (6 Quart) has Quinoa Steel Cut Oats in, hoping this turns out. I got the recipe from a Blog I follow and she redid the recipe and the new version does not appeal to me, I liked it was because it was a think hearty Oatmeal, she has turned it into what she calls more of a Soup Style Oatmeal which does not appeal to me. I did this as I have some Almond Milk I need to use up, let's hope I remember the old recipe correctly. If it turns out well I will write the recipe out for myself, if not I will keep trying (as time and ingredients permit) until I get it right

My large Slow Cooker (8 Quart) has Quinoa Chicken Parm Soup in it, the recipe for this is gone the person look it off their blog so again I am trying to wing it. I already knew I was going to have to make some adjustments as I needed to sub some ingredients (didn't have Tomato Sauce so Used Passata) but now I am working from memory again. If it turns out again I will write it out and and keep for myself, I pretty sure I am close. Only downside here is Mom does not like she Soup (she is not a fan of Tomato Based Soup, says they give her Heartburn) so now I still need to figure out dinner.

On my next break I will tidy the Kitchen, not much to be done there just a few dishes from my Slow-Cooker meals.

Think this is how I will continue my day, work for about an hour and take a break and get something else done. I have the big task I need to accomplish today done, production schedule is done and production orders made so I just need to print on Monday and hand out. Now to clean up my email and see what else I need to tackle today.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Beautiful out by the Bay of Quinte this morning. There was a big fog on the bay as it starts to cool off. Luckily no one was duck hunting off the trail this morning so my dog and I had a pleasant walk.

I contacted Dare foods yesterday re some gummie bear inconsistencies (they are my fix since quitting smoking 8 months ago) They are sending me 2 fpcs (I'm really glad I kept the old package as well for them to submit info to the quality control dept)

Today is going to be a chill and relax day. I want to clean out a corner cupboard to reorganize baking supplies for the winter.
    I also want to get the room humidifers cleaned out and ready to go. I'm glad I stocked up on vinegar.
    Glad you will get replacement products fpcs ..nothing is fun about a bad product
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We got our first sniff of snow last night, but it didn’t stay. I got our kids to try on winter boots. I posted 4 pairs of smaller boots for sale. I already have people contacting me for them. I’ll be posting other kids winter clothes later today.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took pictures of a bunch of small winter coats & ski pants. Labeled each picture and posted them for sale. Hoping to sell them sooner rather than later. I’ll take more pictures later or tomorrow, accessories, etc.

I had two pickups already for $25.

2 loads of laundry done. I did a quick trip to Sobeys. Used $2 in coupons $ 20 in AM. Now I need to tackle more of my teacher stuff.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. productive day so far. picked up milk for my mom. got sdm stuff for me. then worked in the backyard for 4 hours. my dogs joined me, and are now sleeping... soundly....lol.

burgers for supper tonight. i will prob go tidy the playrooms , never did do that last night.. and tackle supper soon.

tomorrow i am working on the daycare toy craft storage ... i have a plan...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just subscribed to have my metro et moi card and I got 100 bonus points
    will install later appli super c for the free product each week
    Ciel, lilo0003, crafter and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Decided on the easy option for dinner. Dominos had medium pizzas for $7.99 if you more more than 1. I had a very busy day so this made it less crazy. Older son has already mapped out dinner for Sunday and Monday. Used points for groceries and stocked up on some spices. I feel like we are as ready as we can be for whatever comes next. I expect we will be going to phase 2 restrictions again soon. Went to Costco for a few things and found the blanket that both kids wanted for Christmas so that was nice to get off my list. They also had ketchup on sale so I bought 4 big bottles. The younger son goes through a lot of ketchup and it’s been ages since it was on sale. Two years ago I found it for 24 cents on clearance at RCSS so I bought enough for a year as that was the best before date. It will always be one of my best deals ever.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Chicken Parm Soup and Quinoa Oatmeal are done and in the fridge. I think it was a good first attempt without having access the recipes I normally use but a bit of tweaking will be needed. I ended up adding more liquid to the Oatmeal as it was still a bit crunchy. I think next time I would change the ratio of Quinoa to Oats, i feel like the new version of the recipe used less Quinoa and more Steel Cut Oats where is a prefer more of an equal split.

The Quinoa seems a little mushy in my Soup but it tastes spots on but is really thick which is okay, I prefer my soups thick closer to a stew. I cooked it on High for 4 hours, I think next time I would do low for 6 hours and see if that cooks the Quinoa more to my liking.

When I took my next break instead of cleaning the kitchen I decided instead to go and disconnect and put away the Portable Air Conditioners. Yes, they were still in the windows, so they have now been disconnected and all there parts put away until next year. Although I do need to clean the filters in Mom's since she puts her make-up on in her room her filter needs to be cleaned often.

I figured I could clean the kitchen well I made dinner which is what I did. Dinner was appetizers made in the Air Fryer, we had Pizza Rolls & Mozzarella Stick made from Wonton Wrapper and Peorgies. The Air Fryer and both Slow Cookers have been washed and are ready if I want to use them tomorrow. Dishwasher has also been ran so I will empty in the morning.

I kept noticing other things I need to get done around the house but I had to get this stuff done for work as I am worried going into this week I will not have time to be me as I will be running between branches and helping where needed. I did some thinking well I was making dinner and I think I will do what needs to be done to get through the next 2 weeks and after that I am going to suggest that I start getting 1 work from home day each week. I really am mentally, emotionally and physically feeling burnt out but right now we need to band together and do what we do need to do to get through.

Alright think I have done enough for today, it is time to relax and watch some TV and it will be bedtime soon,

Hope everyone has a great night
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I did Swiss chalet - love the free appetizer or dessert with two entrees and a CAA card.
    Bought a Glaxal base oatmeal and aloe cream at dollarama for $4.00 - submitted to Caddle and got $5 for it. That's the first time I got more than the item.
    Also did Shoppers - spend $50 get 20x the points plus 5,000 for using PC MasterCard - worked out to 20,000 points for items I really needed, better than senior discount. I tried printing a coupon from save.ca and that took forever, I gave up.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Great score on the Glaxal base cream @barbis9 . that's an amazing price/find!
    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I did Swiss chalet - love the free appetizer or dessert with two entrees and a CAA card.
    Bought a Glaxal base oatmeal and aloe cream at dollarama for $4.00 - submitted to Caddle and got $5 for it. That's the first time I got more than the item.
    Also did Shoppers - spend $50 get 20x the points plus 5,000 for using PC MasterCard - worked out to 20,000 points for items I really needed, better than senior discount. I tried printing a coupon from save.ca and that took forever, I gave up.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information