User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1024Likes

Thread: June 2021 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Since the Leaf’s are now free to play golf it must be June.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks for starting the thread @lilo0003 for starting this thread .
    I was very disappointed with the out come Maple Leafs and Habs game. In my opinion the leafs played was not hungry for a win

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Another sad Leaf fan here The house was pretty quiet last night after 930pm.

The sun is shining! I am going to move my table in the back yard and move my potted tomatoes etc outside. Add my tomato cages as my plants are so tall. So proud that I grew them from seed . Excited for tons of fresh cherry tomatoes for eating and canning/freezing. Still have a few bags of marinara sauce I made last year. Think I will take one out now for DS to go with his stuffed pasta I just took out for the freezer. Feeding DS from the house freezer the next few days. Lots of stuff to use up. I will re-purpose it and he will never know it was leftovers .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok one tomato plant moved to a bigger pot. This is a project! Off to dig out more pots and get them all out!

...ok powered through and all the tomato plants that were inside are all moved into larger pots and each have a wire cage. I have a pot of tomatoes and peppers on my front porch that I think I will plant in the ground at the front of the house on the weekend. Excited to see how it all grows!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Jun 1st, 2021 at 11:15 AM.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Why do people pull for the Leafs when it's so much quicker and easier to hit yourself in the head with a 2x4? ;p
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

absoultly amazing day. so nice out.

after work.. did a spend 40 , get 10 000 pts at shoppers. and then 30 min of garden weeding. i am trying to get 30 min a day done. i have alot to get caught up on . thats me always behind on something.

tonight, i need to message people and tell them my spot is full . the parent sent the deposit, and the paperwork . so all is good.

goal is to get the kitchen spotless . like i said, its always something.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Long day here, I was up at 5 am to get stuff done for work that needed to be done before we opened. Since yesterday was month-end we have to log out right near close so they can close the month so I could not do it last night so this morning was the only option. I got it done, went into the office for a few hours and then came home to work. I have to do another mass upload/download that has to be done when we are closed so working on that now.

I had big plans of taking a break and making a nice dinner, but I am not feeling so good tonight. Mom pulled out some Homemade Bolognese from the freezer and boiled up some pasta and dinner was served.

I did take a break to take a nice long how shower, this has totally become a guilty pleasure for me. Nothing like a hot shower, only downside is I am usually ready for bed afterwards LOL.

I had a bit of a headache last night so I went to bed early, liked tucked into my bed ready to fall asleep before 8 am. I just happened to look outside before bed and laughed a little in my head. I can remember as a kid fighting with my parents that it could not be bedtime because it was still light out but as an adult I do not care, it was light out and it was bedtime.

Mom did laundry well I was at work so I did help her fold it once I got home. That is about it for the housework today and I am good with it.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Tue, Jun 1st, 2021 at 07:06 PM.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well... It has been finalized, we get our last COVID bonus from work in this weeks paycheque, since I pretty much work 40hrs every week as a part timer, I will be getting the top part timer bonus. That will work out to an extra $150.00 from Loblaw. And I have to plan my next round of shopping around the news of another Staff Double Discount week, from June 13-19th, we will get 20% off with our discount card, so planning to do as much shopping then as I can...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks for starting the new thread. I know I’m not posting very much lately, but I still hang out here sometimes when I have a free moment.

I’m on the last month of this teaching contract. I’m applying for teaching contracts, but I haven’t gotten any calls back.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$204.43 May savings total

Coupons used $42.47
    10% off Tuesday $13.43
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks $5
    PCO - NF $40
    Gift Cards $10 - Sobeys promo
    Stuff Sold $31
    Found money $0.10
    Tim Horton’s Wins $2.43
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

That Sobeys shopping trip didn’t go as planned. I was hurried at the till because a lineup formed behind me and the teller needed the supervisor’s help. Fortunately that supervisor is great and usually works the evening of 10% off Tuesday. So I missed getting 40AM because I was unable to see that I was $5.30 below my bonus Air Miles offer.

I still made out pretty good.
    $41.98 in coupons
    $19.47 for 10% discount
    183AM earned
    Paid $135oop on gift card

I picked up
    clearance Schneiders for 11x $0.90 after the 10% discount.
    9x $1.35 Cheemo perogies (after 10% discount and Air Miles)
    6x I was paid $0.01 per bag to take them home (after $2 coup, 10% discount, and Air Miles value)
    $0.76 per can of mushrooms (after 10% discount and Air Miles value)
    4x $0.86 Aveeno lotion 71ml (after $3 coup and 10% discount)
    And other deals on carrots, freezer bags, Cheerios, corn flakes.

I got a rain check for steak and beef roasts. The freeze is full now.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jun 2nd, 2021 at 12:06 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 has your province announced what their plan for September is? Will students be back in school or are they also offering online?

I heard Ontario will be offering both but I have also read that the health officials are against this plan and want all students to return in school learning in September.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Angela273 has your province announced what their plan for September is? Will students be back in school or are they also offering online?
    I heard Ontario will be offering both but I have also read that the health officials are against this plan and want all students to return in school learning in September.
    Our province is already lifting major restrictions based on vaccination rates. They recently announced that the provincial mask mandate will be lifted on July 11. I personally think that’s way too soon. I know people who are currently self isolating for a second time due to being a close contact.

Schools in SK are all open like usual. Each class goes to online learning for 2 weeks when there is a Covid case, then they are expected back in the classroom. Some school divisions have decided to offer cyber school in the fall while others are closing the online options or waiting until the last minute before making the official decision.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cooking up lean beef now for taco meat. Taco salad is on the menu tonight since we have peppers/cucumbers to use up.
    My youngest loves it as much as I do. Then they can make tacos tomorrow with the leftovers.

I just went to laundry room and folded the towels that were in the dryer from last week. Think I will putter down there later today and post some stuff for sale. So much storage room down there that I want back.

I had a $10 sale yesterday on 2 sport shirts I posted while cleaning out my dresser/closet 2 weeks ago I think it was. I sold every item that I posted which I'm surprised about. I am about $100 away from my vacation fund goal. I am totally above the actual cost of a trip down South but wanted $400 on top for parking(at airport) and spending money etc. So happy to have that almost done and ready for when a trip can be booked with out using my savings etc. Will have to decide what my next goal will be for the money. Before I would put it in my Summer fund jar but I have that covered this year (my jar has lots of money in it and our Niagara Falls trip is almost paid for with credit on credit card)

Off to water my tomato and pepper plants.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jun 2nd, 2021 at 03:16 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Laundry is on the go! Moving all the hangers to the laundry room and the plan is to hang right on the hanger and into the proper closet ( I space it in closet to dry and make sure door is open. I use to do this but stopped and I need get back at is since it saves so much time.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information