User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1024Likes

Thread: June 2021 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@crafter , it is funny you mention this as I have seen a number of posts lately (outside of smartcanucks) and even heard a number of discussions where people have mentioned no even just milk but various Dairy products are going back before their expiry. I have heard everything from Milk (multiple brands), Half & Half, Whipping Cream, Sour Cream all have gone back before their expiry.

I originally saw a number of people commenting on Costco and questioning is bad storage but then a number of people mentioned they thought the same and started buying it elsewhere and are still having the same issues from other store and even other brands.

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Good morning. Interesting you mentioned that your milk had gone bad @SassyAshley. We've been battling "off" tasting milk lately. We've had milk recently 2 different companies(we drink 2 large bags a week). We purchased a high end pur filter milk on sale and 1 bag of 3 tasted almost chemically, like completely different. We pitched and opened another and it was fine.
    We then purchased from Reid's Dairy (local in Belleville) and 2 out of 3 tasted off. DH thought it tasted like it might be almost going but I disagree, I think it's like chemical or something. I'm wondering if they are getting milk from other locations or even from US (with the milk trade issues). We are going to go back to 2% Neilsen (we had changed to 1%) but if it keeps up, I might switch to oat or almond milk.
    Well off to clean before DHs sis comes tomorrow. Have a great day!
    ROMEO, crafter, dededi and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@SassyAshley thank you! That makes us feel a bit better that it's not just us

Wow, perhaps it's a supply chain issue
    Guess we will look for products with longer expiry dates (Reid's dairy always has shorter times than a company like Neilsen). DH wants to switch to chocolate milk ..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @crafter, it is funny you mention this as I have seen a number of posts lately (outside of smartcanucks) and even heard a number of discussions where people have mentioned no even just milk but various Dairy products are going back before their expiry. I have heard everything from Milk (multiple brands), Half & Half, Whipping Cream, Sour Cream all have gone back before their expiry.

I originally saw a number of people commenting on Costco and questioning is bad storage but then a number of people mentioned they thought the same and started buying it elsewhere and are still having the same issues from other store and even other brands.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    @SassyAshley thank you! That makes us feel a bit better that it's not just us

Wow, perhaps it's a supply chain issue
    Guess we will look for products with longer expiry dates (Reid's dairy always has shorter times than a company like Neilsen). DH wants to switch to chocolate milk ..lol.
    I can personally say, I haven't had any issues of off tasting milk from the one I buy. I pretty much ONLY buy Neilson Trutaste, it does go on sale fairly often, making it almost the same price, and sometimes cheaper compared to regular Neilson milk.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I feel like today is going to be a long day, had trouble falling asleep last night. I kept feeling like something was wrong but couldn't pinpoint what was bugging me, I think it is life I am seriously overwhelmed right now. I just got a lot going on and some how because I put together a spreadsheet for someone else everyone is coming at me about it but I am like I just did as I was told.

I left the office at lunch yesterday so I could spend the afternoon focusing on all the things I need to get done, normally Friday is my catch up get the things done day but I am working Order Desk which means I will get nothing done. One of our suppliers has asked us to place all our orders for the next 90 to 120 days, normally we are placing orders to them weekly so that was fun.

On my way home I stopped at the store and picked up a few things, I feel like I cannot step in a grocery store without spending $50. I got:
    Strawberries
    Yogurt x 3 (wanted 4 they only had 3)
    Bananas
    Tortillas - On sale the large ones for $1.88
    Milk
    Peach Lemonade
    Strawberry Lemonade - They looked good, impulse buy $2/each
    Sparkling Ginger Ale - I have wanted to try this but keep talking myself out of it because it is only sold in 12-packs but it was on sale so I grabbed a pack
    Basil - Have a few recipes I can use it for this week

I feel like there was more but I cannot think of it right now.

There is so much I need to get done around the house, it isn't big things, it is just a bunch of little things but I know it is going to be one of those days where I get a bunch of stuff but it is all little stuff and at the end of the day you feel like you got nothing done as there is no big accomplishment.

I think of trying to start selling stuff again, I have so much stuff that needs to leave my house but I already hearing most of our location donation places are asking people to hold on to donations because they have too much. Hoping if I can work from home next week I can clear some stuff out. There is too much stuff there is stuff everywhere.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Very happy that DH just received an Aug surgery date for his hip replacement-he will have been waiting 27 months and has been having lots of pain so it will be good to have that behind us-it uses a newer technique and will be day surgery. Had to cancel our trip to Europe but that is ok-not sure with all the Covid rules if it could have happened anyway.
    barbis9, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lizzie bargain that is great news for your DH, I would not imagine what it has been like for people waiting for surgeries through this whole Covid adventure

@lilo0003 was your son able to get his driving test?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF!!!!! Cloudy overcast start to the day here today.

I have a $2 pick up this afternoon (and I'm 99% certain she will show up- she has been great with the communication) and then I will have hit my Travel Savings goal!!!!! I can't believe I did it!
    Now I have to pick a new goal for what I am saving the money for from selling my crap.

I had a burst of energy last night around 9pm and cleaned up the kitchen and then went to the laundry room and put laundry on and folded everything that was clean and gathered all the stuff on hangers and had DS bring upstairs for me so I could put it all away. I have 2 loads on the go now that will be dealt with when I get home from work. So happy to have that almost all done.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
    Giseledta, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning up and showered this morning and out the door at 8.45 got to winners as online it stated they open at 9.30 well they were allowed to open early at 9.00.It was a snake of a line about 100 people ,so they let in the 45 people due to the limit and the line stopped at me .Then it was one out one in so i waited 16 minutes then was let in $116 later.

I got a set of ugg sheets queen reg 50.00 on for $26.00 lets hope they fit the fitted i am worried about .
    A bunch of candles 2.00 and 3.00 and a larger one 4.00
    flip flops for hubby 19.99 not reduced but hurley reg29.99
    2 boy toys small dragon 2.00 set of 4 plastic firetruck,ambulance etc 2.00
    A pot really good medium size one reg 29.00 i paid 16.00
    underwear boxers for hubby reduced stanfield 5.00
    socks for ashlyn 1.00
    i did have 2 tops for me but fitting rooms are not open yet ,i put them back as they looked too tight .
    concealor for me a high end one 3.00
    2 large refill hand soap lavender 3.00 each
    one large bathtowel 3.00 reg 9.99
    tin of maple syrup 5.99 on for $4.00

lots of great deals and got to replace the stuff that wore out my sheets replaced one towel and a medium pot as i only have one .

It actually was nice being in the store with only 45 people,not crowded at all.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Jun 11th, 2021 at 07:49 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh my goodness the sheet set fits and it has cooling technology(yes great for my hot flashes) now i wish i had bought the other set and just put it away -no i dont wish to go back and wait in a long line plus it may be gone .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I decided to order a pizza pizza for half off today only xl plain cheese $8.47 with code 50off for hubby and i .We dont mind their pizza the odd time and half off is great .

Booked my mammogram ,as i got the notice in the mail for sept it is a year past due (due to covid) whxih is okay by me -this is one test i hate!
    I wonder if the mammogram unit at St. Joseph's east campus (new tech with cameras moving around each mammary) is better than the plate squish and press systems at other health providers. The one time I had this health check, I went to the Wentworth-Halton lab (spacious and calm waiting area, some decent shopping options at the big box stores nearby) at Winterberry Drive on the east Mountain. I know there's a CIBC mammography unit at Juravinski Hospital but the idea of going to this hospital personally is a non-starter for me.

Speaking about health, I got a letter from the eye doctors chain to which my eye doctor belongs. To the extent that OHIP payments for insured eye services have not been hiked in about two decades and eye care professional have to cover their office costs from said payments, there was notice that there will be a cessation of OHIP insured eye exams on Sept 1 unless Ontario government is convinced to update the payments. (But our Ontario legislature went on 3 month summer break as of last Thursday evening and won't come back until about Sept. 3). So anyone needing an eyecare checkup or new prescription soon might want to see what options for appointments exist now.

Has anyone had a good experience with eyeframe/lens purchases through Kits.ca? I keep seeing their ads for $99+ frames on tv and wonder if they are like Zenni dot come or there are fit issues because the average consumer does not accurately measure their face to get the right width of frames?
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl Thanks for the Winners store experience story! I may wait a few days to see what's at the nearby store (not expecting major finds but I'd like a couple of new tea towels and maybe a pillow) before visiting the Meadowlands store (better stock in apparel but not so much in Woolite laundry accessories). Neither store has had a decent range of bed sheets in the past year-very sad and small assortment, almost like HQ decided to cut back on bedding items. Marshalls in town is not too great for bedding but the rare find exists if one is persistent in checking monthly.

Today I asked my friend to place a Chapters book order for pickup (3 titles are in stock and 1 title will arrive by next week). Two of the titles are Canadian and are sale priced for $20 each (might be part of Father's Day promo on now). Unfortunately the Oxo Tot food tray is not in stock online (Chapters would make two tray purchase mandatory despite the single tray pricing shown). I'd like to have one tray so will scope out baby stores locally and farther away to see if there are options that don't require a minimum order (Babies R Us would be ideal if possible). My friend's sibling scored Mountain Dew Major Melon pop at a store I don't visit often so we each got a bottle to enjoy today. I struck out at the local Esso Circle K store (no stock) this morning. Also did two grocery shops at Fortinos and Food Basics and a can return at the beer Store (I will consider a small beer purchase next week).

Since today I still don't have the community paper nor flyers, I was able to read my friend's bundle during our library visit. BTW, some of the computers at the Hamilton Public Library are still only permitting 30min use (Windows computers). The Apple computer automatically starts with 1 hour time showing. So be sure to get staff to extend your 30min session prior to the first time period expiring-or you'll need to get a visitor's ID to use the second half-hour online. As of today, HPL permits 1 hour of computer use in-branch, so make use of this service!

The extra 14 trash tags ordered last Thursday arrived in today's mail-6 business days! So no 2-4week for them.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did a bit of window cleaning of basement windows inside and outside plus vaccuuming of the bits accumulated in the window frames. Shook out the vacuum bag (4 yr old!) and wish to find new paper bags for this vac while dreaming of owning a Miele Blizzard bagless vac instead.)Streaky windows! Will run some rubbing alcohol on panes tomorrow as I tired during this cleaning (I was first wiping soapy water on the screens and noticed one screen has a hole that I did know existed *must have happened in past two weeks.*
    Also need to trim the tall grass around the house that did not cut by mower.

Got my laptop back-will be searching for clothing deals and shoes. My usual leather-type shoes are no longer available in my size, so I appreciate that I was able to get them over the past 2-3 years.

I hung a load of laundry about 20min ago and the temperature seems a touch cool, plus the sky was looking a watery grey. Guess that 30% chance of rain is going to occur.

Have my sleeveless Uniqlo dress on. The high round neckline is just above the collarbone and driving me crazy but otherwise cool to wear and it has pockets!

Will soon post the new textile drive date for Ancaster in the Ontario>Hamilton subforum. Glad to know it's on as I have a few items ready to leave me. I wore them out!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Nice to hear from you ceil -my mammogram is at st.joes east campus -oh i am excited if i get a new machine that scans instead of squishing .lol

I just called my brother in london,ont to talk with him about the oldest one who is having a nurse come in 2 days a week .My sister-in-law wants to take care of him at home til he passes .I need to visit him soon maybe after i have my second shot ,maybe the end of june or early july is when i may get it -not sure .The pharmacy has us on their list .

S o excited may go thrifting on sat ,we will see.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I crashed last night after work, i was just done. I sat on the couch watched TV and that was about it.

Before crashing I did get the dishwasher emptied and re loaded, dinner was just Nachos, I needed easy.

I am really seeing the difference between me being home and me working in the office. There is a huge stack of dishes in the kitchen that need to be washed by hand and our dinners have not been good this week. Luckily our freezers had options and that has been dinner this week, anything we could quickly grab and make.

I am turning it back around this week, I am doing a split this week, some of the week in the office some of the week from home. Plan for today is some Mega Meal Prepping so everything for this week is prepped ready to go and on days I am in the office I can just throw it together. But first thing first time to write the meal plan.

Have a great Saturday everyone.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Meal Plan for the week is done.

Prep list is made.

Enjoyed a cup of tea.

Time to get to work
    Giseledta, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information