User Tag List

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Got an amazing night of sleep last night. I struggled and stayed up later hoping to not wake up at 4 even though I really wanted to go bed at 6 pm. I was not feeling well yesterday afternoon and all I wanted to do was go to bed. I stayed up until about 9:30 and got a full night sleep without waking up during the night and did not wake up at 4 am. It was glorious.

Had to change up dinner last night, there was not way the tummy would have been happy with Pierogi Bake so we ended up making waffles instead. I have to say Waffles have become a quick go to in our house, they are homemade but you can get them on the table so quick which I love.

Not sure about tonight's dinner, it is supposed to get warm this afternoon, hard to believe with how cool it is right now. I am sitting here working wrapped in a blanket but this afternoon they are saying it will feel like 32. Maybe I will make a slow cooker meal, keep it easy, we will see.

Today is one of the days they might be showing up to pull apart my basement so we shall see. Kind of annoyed as we were just told it would be Tuesday to Thursday of this week and no time or specific days were given. Luckily I am working from home this week so worst comes to worst I may just have to ask my zoom meeting to wait a minute well I let them in. Sadly this is how the management company works, I am all about the plan they are not about the plan.

I am really hoping it is just the one wall they are pulling apart, I am worried as the email said front walls but the water is only coming in one room. I have cleared that room but the other room is my pantry and if they what to pull that wall apart I have no idea where I would move that stuff to give them access. Not to mention they have not booked the waterproofing company so we do not know how long the basement has to be pulled apart and I will not be happy if my pantry needs to be pulled apart for a long period of time. Fingers crossed it is just the one room.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.
    barbis9, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    One of the first lowrise condo buildings in town usually has at least one unit for sale every month. Was looking online at the recently renovated unit just listed (lots of renos in that building this year esp in spring). A lot of seniors live in that building, plus some families/couples and I assume single adult persons of whatever age (there are definitely a lot of dog owners too as I often come across them on the sidewalk in the area). Two things stand out-the bathtub does not have an accessible door/built in seat and the shower unit has a raised base. Given that many Canadians are getting older plus likely to be on crutches or use mobility devices due to accidents or injuries or health conditions, why wouldn't bathrooms be made more accessible? They'd be less tripable (sometimes it's hard to lift feet high enough clear of steps and curbs and then the balance gets jolted).
    Pet peeve: dark engineered wooden floors, dark beige walls and white baseboards. Please paint the baseboards to match the wall paint.

When I have seen open dumpster bins (in the front parking lot) during a condo reno, I can tell if the previous owner still had the original bathroom fixtures from when condo opened 30-35 yrs ago. I don't know if condo board controls how much change/updating goes on in units. But it seems a failure to acknowledge accessibility issues when updating a condo unit. Accessible housing for ownership or even short term stays (online posts and there have indicated a need for accessible short term apartments post-surgery for people whose homes aren't accessible but they are not willing to go into respite stays at retirement homes (cost). There was a post looking for Hamilton accommodation and I literally cannot think of such housing except for the 30 day stays at hotels (usually have accessible units) or special needs group housing run by non-profit entities. Untapped real estate market need?
    The house my mother just bought and moved into had the bathroom customized for a wheelchair (it is huge) So we left the shower as is (it was in great shape) and renovated the rest of the bathroom. Now we don't have to worry about it down the road if its needed.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I did a major crisis of panick due to stress this afternoon and it did not pass....So I went to CLSC to have help.I had waited 4 hours to have an appointement but it was worthed..now I will receive the help I need and it was good to be understand about my beloved mother and brother it feel good to have another ears than the familly ones...they are a bit tired of that and I cannot blame theirs
    Forget to mention that I walked to go at my appointement maybe 2 km plus the 2 km I walk everyday so I am tired..but will get use to it
    Watched the upcoming flyers nothing so much interresting no o sole mio in sale grrr

Alright have a good night
    Good for you Cathy! Walking is great for your mind too. Fresh air does wonders!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Yeah Monday is done and on to Tuesday!

DS has hockey tonight. I have no plan for dinner but will figure it out when I get home. Nothing fancy as I want to get some stuff done around the house.

Just want to slug through my work day and go home

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -popped out to plato closet and made $6.25 for my daughter-in-law and 4.25 for my daughter =$10.50 then i bought new sunglasses for hubby 9.99(sure beats 20.00 when his fell last week from his front shirt pocket and the car door crushed them as he closed it) and i got an old navy top for $5.00 for fall all black with 3 quarter sleeves and not too low.

Then popped into no frills on my route home -got fleecy fabric softner 6.00-1,000 points=5.00 a large one plus a few othr snacks and reduced pears .

I hung one load lets hope it dries before it rains tonight and i get home in time have to pick the girls up from their school bus today ,so we wont be home til 6.00 p.m .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Sep 15th, 2021 at 09:46 AM.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just made reservations for next week for "the keg" as we have a 50.00 gift card and its my birthday -right on the day we can show our proof of vaccine .I cant wait to go out just hubby and i ,we need some us time after the busy summer we had babysitting our grandkids .
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It was pretty overcast this morning and I had a packed schedule so for the 1st time since May I used the dryer. It was a load of towels so that’s a good thing, then I folded the laundry while on a call that I only had to listen to. Nice to get stuff off my todo list. I went to Freshco for a few things as it was in the same plaza as the ice cream shop that I was picking DS1 cake. As I was checking out I saw the massive display of sugar and realized I was going to miss the 97 cent sale at No Frills so pm’ed 2 bags and that will do me for baking and tea until spring. DS1 is the only one that uses sugar in his tea and coffee. Sadly it was another week of missing most of my PCO offers because I am finding the prices at RCSS are getting insane there has nothing been a lot of shopping and the garden is filling some gaps.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rather pleased it was mostly just rains during last night and very little thunder (don't recall seeing lightning). Mind you, I only took notice of the severe thunderstorm watch after 11pm when I wondered why there was a red exclamation mark by the weather/temp in the lower toolbar.

It was still cool and damp but not humid after 9am-time to rally my yard bags into useful collecting of branch trimmings. Ms Sunshine was out by 11am for good and so humidity became a bother. Did a little raking under one oak tree, took a long beverage break, took a shower, laundered my clothing and decided to not rake under another tree. Then it was nap time--dozed mostly but woke up hours later hearing Bro run past my window with the lawn tractor. The two yard bags at the curb must have made it into collection-nothing left behind despite wet bags!

With the kind of hot days but cold nights, I am really feeling cranky in certain hand joints and sometimes at hip or trunk level-thanks, perimenopause! It is weird missing the buffering cushion of higher estrogen and feeling like something is missing or there's a gap between joints plus there's pain.

Mom decided to make stuffed peppers last night while the humidity was being a pest. However, that roaster dish was mighty tempting after 10pm and I ate a few of the peppers. I also had a club soda and apple cider beverage with the meal. My Dr Pepper was done before naptime.

Streamed the evening news online and heard about two Hamilton pop-up clinics that are coming to Centre on Barton and Lime Ridge Mall on the weekend. Also saw online some info about the vaccine passports---I don't see any Ministry of Transportation replies about expanding the photo ID cards (fee) to 12-15yr olds (as ID under vaccine passport system happening next week) as OHIP cards (free) are only for healthcare use. It seems this month our provincial government is implementing things without the legislature to ensure cash flow is happening (aka tickets and fines).
    There are also stories about people in Ontario who cannot get the vaccine passport if they received experimental or non-approved vaccines-they don't have answers as to how the Sept. 22 system will apply to them.
    I've decided to not update my photo card at that this time. $35 and I might not get the use of it? I can wait until next year if I am still around. This week I really want to see one of the big summer movies, if I know where it is playing (some have moved far away from local theatres). Black Widow is this year's big deal, as Wonder Woman 1984 was for 2020.

NO Frills fans-there is a contest on Facebook to win 1 of 3 Hauler carts (no QC entries)-you also have live within 20km of a store to qualify. See contest post and answer the question on the link. Ends at 5pm!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Frugalbigmama Peace of mind for your family knowing that your mother has certain amenities in place in her new home. It might convince extended family to consider making changes now before anyone really has to rely on accessible rooms for whatever reason.

I worry about how Mom will manage to age at home without some renovations. My brother has not been having conversations except for the sink plumbing issue. But I have to let the matter go---too much time spent on discussions that went nowhere.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Happy wednesday,the middle of the week!!! Grrr I am so pissed and frustrated I did a check in update of all the coupons I should receive from the e-mail compagnie praise and I did not receive silk,so delicious and ocean spray...those where fpcs grrr what is wrong with my adress??? Do they get lost another person took it or it is a lenght of time the mather...??? It was supposed to take 14 days and now it is 1 month and nothing...at least I received all my trades so i am sure they are the problem canada post
    Algight super busy today so have a great day!!!! I will lurking the news post this evening
    Skippy, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Sadly, I was right and they are ripping out the wall in pantry.

Yesterday there was a knock at our door telling us they would not get to us yesterday but would come today instead okay that is fine, I can grocery shop after work. Then came the whopper, just want to make sure you understood the email as a few people mistook what was said (there are only 4 units affected, so in other words everyone LOL), they are ripping out the whole front wall, both rooms, insert a face plant here.

I kept saying I think they are doing both rooms but kept being told "no, no, it is just the one where the garage door was supposed to be, you are overthinking this. "

Since we thought we had everything done I did not book anytime off this week so I spent all of my breaks yesterday running downstairs and moving stuff around. We cleaned off some wire shelves that we did no clean off originally (project for a later date) to make room for our pantry stuff. Now it is moving all the food over and moving the shelves the food is on.

I got a little overwhelmed yesterday and had to fight now shutting down, I was ready to give up. Today I am trying to look at the positive, I knew I needed reorganize the pantry (plan was in October) this is just going to give me that push.

Only downside is they also told us they have not booked the waterproofing yet, they will be coming Saturday to quote but they are so overbooked right now there is no timeline for the work to be done. This means we have no idea how long our basement will be torn apart and my pantry disassembled so part of our plan yesterday had to include how do we still access all of the food.

Lots of furniture moved and getting things done but so not my plan for this week LOL.

Have a great Wednesday everyone, after today the week is half over.
    Skippy, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    @Frugalbigmama Peace of mind for your family knowing that your mother has certain amenities in place in her new home. It might convince extended family to consider making changes now before anyone really has to rely on accessible rooms for whatever reason.

I worry about how Mom will manage to age at home without some renovations. My brother has not been having conversations except for the sink plumbing issue. But I have to let the matter go---too much time spent on discussions that went nowhere.
    Well long down the road my plan is to move to my mother's house when if she moves to a seniors home possibly so the bathroom will be already for us
    cath007, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day. Change of plans and I am working from home the next while and have a day off planned for tomorrow.
    So getting my work done then getting some crap done around the house.

Its a beautiful sunny start to the day. Will finish my coffee and then go for a walk around the neighbourhood to get some fresh air and stretch my legs.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Breakfast was an egg on a toasted English muffin.
    Dishes washed up and drying on the counter to be put away this afternoon.
    List ready! Now to get stuff done so I can check it off.
    cath007, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning just washed the sheets .
    This is the month to spend i guess for me anyway -hubby his t-shirts are something to be desired ,so littlebluehouse had 20% off for the end of summer so got him 3 t-shirts ,pair of socks for son for xmas and a tea towel for daughter for xmas .I love their t-shirts they fit so well ,canadian made ,wash great and last .
    Skippy, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information