User Tag List

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone, no testing today, I am going to wait until tomorrow. I know some are testing daily but I think that would only drive me more insane.

Honestly, I only tested yesterday because if I tested positive that would start my work quarantine (we still have to do a 10 day quarantine) which would put me back in the office the Tuesday after the civic holiday. If it was not for that I probably would have waited till tomorrow for the second test.

So far 5 more people have tested positive so kind of feel like the walls are caving in a little bit. My sinuses still hate me and exhausted would be an underestimate for how I feel but so many factors are coming into play, I honestly, feel like I don't know how to feel. My sinuses acting up is just another day for me, plus mix in today's weather (I get weather headaches which tend to cause sinus pressure) and being tired that is life for me. I am still hopeful I will continue to test negative but also feel like a ticking time bomb.

I was talking to my sister-in-law this morning and we both feel the same we don't feel good but we don't feel bad. We were both exposed but bro is one of the ones who has test positive.

As much as I wanted to have a get it all done type of day, I have decided a day on the couch watching Virgin River sounded so much better.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh sassy you are so right may as well wait -i love virgin river.

My neighbour in her late 60's and her hubby early 70's tested positive last week,she told me you only need to stay in 5 days (not sure on that ).She said she is still tired ,but she was glad i called .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , yes the government is now only manidating a 5 day quarantine but my work is still enforcing a 10 day quarantine.

Just found out my Opa has also tested positive, he was not part of the exposure at work and he has not been around any of us.

The good news is we all found out within 12 hours of being exposed so we were able to limit who we were in contact with.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@SassyAshley so sorry you were exposed to Covid hoping that you continue to test negatively

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Not the day I planned to have. So not much is accomplished here. We went to see my mother in law and we know we are near the end but suddenly it’s much sooner than we expected. So what we thought would be the usual visit became hours long. We will go back Sunday with our sons for what is likely their last visit. My older son drove down yesterday so he had just seen his gran. My mom is an absolute blessing. She went in to visit tonight and said she will stay as long as the nurses will let her. I am sure I have shared that our parents became good friends. My mom lives very close and for us it’s a drive. So my mom is giving me updates.
    We were late coming home and take out sound great (both DH and I missed lunch) but we needed groceries too so we took advantage of the sausage burger offer at no frills and came home to bbq. I only bought the bare necessities as we may not be home much this week.
    @lilo0003 so sorry to read that your MIL health is taking a turn for the worst . (((HUGS)))

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Half an hour ago, I noticed the Thunderstorm word and emoji at the bottom of the computer screen. So far no storm, but the wind's been so gusty! Won't venture out in case the weather turns quickly. I was adjusting windows in case the computer alert was right within 10min, as happened with prior storm and rain events.

Tonight's news-peaches and nectarines are doing fine in the current weather, but not eggplants and potatoes. Farmers need rain.
    https://www.chch.com/hamilton-farmer...s-their-crops/

Upside-Hamilton area will have 23C with 26C after humidity TOMORROW (YES!!!). Rest of week will feel like over 30C again. It will be time to stock up on a few things at grocery store in the morning. And get the laundry done and hung beforehand.

Today's menu has been chilled water or mineral water (in cans), the watermelon slices and apple crumble pie. I had a Walmart Pizza bun but it's not as tasty as ones I used to get at Metro. I'm waiting for dusk to boil water for a Knorr International soup cup. Usually I enjoy one in the mornings but today, I simply was seeking hydration and some sweets.

Was on the Marks.com site and noticed a BOGO get 50% off second pair offer on women's and men's footwear. Promotion ends on July 27. Saw another colourway (Silver/White) of the Saucony shoes I have but the largest size is still size 11. Going to return to site to look at tops in case there's something for me. My last space-dye shirt will have this summer but likely will need replacing by September. The two new t-shirts have no prints on them.

Had a fun 5 minutes this afternoon imagining what it'd be like to acquire a few things from The Millionaire's Daughter if I were able to remove some things from the house and get old vinyl floor removed when other family members are away. Yes, I did think about a dumpster again but I am kidding to think this will materialize without some contest cash win. What a summer daydream!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Two summer salad ideas for anyone needing inspiration-I never heard of a charcuterie salad before!

https://www.chch.com/two-easy-summer...dland-ontario/

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My mom stayed the night and then I took over. I came home about 5 and will go back for the overnight. DH is there now and had hoped I would rest while at home but you know that did not happen. Very grateful the price of gas dropped a bit as we are 220 km round trip and since Thursday between our sons and us we are at 5 trips.
    I also realized that the boys are now grown men and they need clothes for a funeral so DS1 will take them shopping on Monday. He has lost weight since my dad died so his suit does not fit but at least he has shoes. The younger one is going into a business program for school and he knew he needed business attire, we had just not yet gotten it off the to do list.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening everyone!!!
    The Dinner at my aunt house was delicious.We where there 4 hours ,we chatted a lots.
    Deceived that is no blueberries this year from my god father brother place.Not a good temperature and wild temperature this year are the reason.
    Wow 12 corn on the cob at public harvest are 10$..I will wait to bw down if I want some,not paying this price haha
    Have a good evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

filled up at 165.5 yesterday $87 wow. Usually I just put in $50 at a time. Today its up again $179.9 which is annoying, its the same gas that is in the tanks underneath the gas station as last night.

Looking forward to the thunderstorm/rain as its too hot to do anything.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

New itchy spots continue to appear in new spots…heading down my legs now. The prescription antihistamine helps the itching. I’ll see my doctor again on Friday. It’s not contagious and no one else in our household has gotten it.

We took the kids swimming again today and our friend was able to join us. Our kids start their swimming lessons next week.

We had a nice roast for supper and I baked two banana breads this evening. One will go into the freezer. Our kids are looking forward to having banana bread with milk for breakfast tomorrow.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 7 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela273 hoping your feels better and your DR can figured out what’s going on since you continue to get more spots
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 , hope you feel better soon
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 : ho no...feels better soon
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 6 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rain fell last night and that temperature dropped right afterwards. My brain feels less weighed down with preoccupations for snacks and beverages. Today is the TO-DO list day. Still have to take a nap--the body is usually winning that protocol as it's hard to fight off unless I'm on Youtube or on Twitter.

Laundry is done and hung outside. Vacuuming completed. Had my last soup cup (held off from last night as it was still humid at 8pm) for breakfast. Found a few more slices of watermelon in last container-I thought I had finished them late last night.

While I have a list of things to get at the shops, it's just getting out the door and going that is hard. Will wait for early afternoon, after nap. Have some other small tasks to get done.

Main reason for popping onto forum: the Fortinos.ca website has a third-party seller selling Hoover Filtrete Type M paper vacuum bags for canister vacs. You know how hard it is to find this type in Walmart or Cdn Tire on the hooks? My brother found the Kenmore Type M Hepa vacuum bags (same packaging as when Sears sold them in-stores) on Amazon.ca. Thought to share this bit in case anyone in Southern Ontario does not have a reliable retail source for Type M vacuum bags.

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information