User Tag List

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: October 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about Fall and Halloween!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Still moving a little slow, my side/chest are much better but still somethings hurt so trying to be careful but it is hard because it is dominant arm.

Kitchen is clean, dishwasher emptied, reloaded, hand dishes done.

Cleaned out the fridge we had some food waste this week which I kind of expected. I have not been eating properly since the accident, my anxiety/stress is causing my stomach to be a little weird.

Yesterday Mom made Pumpkin Muffins, today she is making Blueberries Muffins. I bought some blueberries that were super tart, not great for eating but will work well for baking. We already have Banana Muffins in the freezer so I think we are stocked up on muffins in the freezer.

Garbage and recycling have been taken out. There is something about getting it out of the house always makes me feel happy.

Last night we had Baked Potato Soup for Dinner and tonight I am making Beef Stew and hopefully some homemade buns. I had planned to make buns last night but I lost track of time and it did not happen.

Taking a quick break and then off to ingredient prep for the week to come.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon ,just being lazy today til now ,off to buy a niagara reisling for us adults and chocolate ice cream for the 2 grandkids that dont like pumpkin pie(my daughter-in-law will bring the pumpkin pie from costco and my daughter went to a nice shop in toronto and will bring a small caramel ,graham crust type pie )

Daughter is not coming today as she wants to spend quality time with sebastian after his hip hop class.So will see her on sunday ,i dont mind just got showered and dressed .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Oct 8th, 2022 at 05:25 PM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@coupon girl I misread your post. I thought you were off to buy wine and chocolate ice cream for your grandkids and I was thinking what a cool grandma you are . I think I need a nap now……

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

harbie-i fixed my post ,yes it did read like that .AHHH to funny .

I scooped a bag of prada nuts at sobeys today saved $6.79 also got creamer natrel for $1.75 after 50% off.also got 3 kinder eggs for 4.99-1.00 cpn on box=3.99 for grandkids along with the ice cream .

I found a few cpns also the best one being jiff 1.00 off and smuckers jam 1.00 off as i buy these two brands .

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    harbie-i fixed my post ,yes it did read like that .AHHH to funny.
    LOL, I thought it was because id been in the sun too long . Thanks for the laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rescued another dozen cans headed for the landfill.
    I can't eat the stuff quickly enough!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slept in till 7 am, pretty sure my body needed it.

I am trying to find my ambition this morning but, it is just not coming.

Freezer is now officially stocked with Muffins, we have Banana, Pumpkin and Blueberry, although Mom did mention something about making Cranberry Lemon muffins.

I did not get all ingredient prep done yesterday so need to get on that today.

Honestly, I just want to go back to bed, curl up under the blankets and watch movies all day.

Happy Sunday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well, change in plans.

Mom woke up not feeling well, upset tummy, sore throat, headache, feels like she is getting a cold. She tested and is negative but to be safe I won't be attending Thanksgiving.

I know I said I wanted to spend the day in bed but that was manly my anxiety talking, what can I say driving still makes me nervous but it is getting better. I had been working to try to control my anxiety before Mom got up.

A little sad to not be seeing my family, I feel like since Covid us getting together is harder and harder and we do not just run into each other anymore since most of us are working remotely. But it is better to be safe than sorry.

Now, I have to figure out dinner for dinner, hmmm, had not been planning to cook tonight.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Late post, better than nothing.

September savings total $435.37

$70.50 - coupons
    $70 - PC Optimum
    $120 - Air Miles
    $10 - Amazon gc from Swagbucks Contests
    $75 - library contest (gift certificates and items)
    $32.53 - CO51
    $10 - garden sales
    $12.75 - stuff sold
    $22 - Circle K wins
    $1 - money found
    $11.59 - SCOP
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

In many regards the school year has become even more busy as goes on. Report card marks and comments are due in a month. I have 3 long weekends in a row in November, so I’ll probably travel home for all of those weekends. I stayed to work through the weekend at the end of September. Dh brought the kids to visit for Thanksgiving. I plan on going home next weekend to visit and buy groceries.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I accomplished nothing today and I am 100% good with it.

I really just needed a day. I miss being with my family and all the fun I am sure they are having but better to be safe than sorry.

I had so much of a nothing day, we even ordered in dinner. Not a lot of options were I live, basically if you want delivery it is pizza or pizza or pizza or Chinese. So we went with pizza, normally we get pizzaville but there specials are meh, so instead got Pizza Hut.

We got their treat box, it was a nice change. Let's be honest, I worked in a pizza place for 5 years through High School and College and I am more about the sides than the pizza. But we got their Pepperoni and Margaretta Pizza, they do the Margaretta a little different, they marinade their tomato slices in pesto, I like it, Mom said it could use more Basil. I would totally order it again, 100%.

Tomorrow I will tackle all the kitchen stuff although depending on how Mom is feeling my schedule might change as I may have to work remote this week.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley You got that day for you more or less. Give yourself more time for you tomorrow. Universe is working in strange ways-take the me-time and enjoy! Pizza...
    @Angela273 -Lovely to see you post on the forum! Glad you have had some family time!

I was definitely in my element having the home/TV to myself for about 2.5h (and I roasted the last of the small white potatoes in the meantime-mmm!). Then when family came home, i was ready to go to the ATM (no mystery deposit, @harbie , just the small balance left after my two online transactions from Wednesday) and Fortinos (first aid items, mini pumpkin tarts-may have been overcharged 50 cents as sign did say $4.99 not $5.49, two reduced price produce finds, hand soap refill and Swiffer dusters ($10.99 sale vs reg $12.99 price, not the best but could not wait longer-love this product for ceilings and corners). Few drops of rain fell while walking to the grocery store but fortunately no rainstorm. Almost forgot umbrella in cart( I took brolly out in store while bagging my purchase in my tote-cart staffer called out to me after I walked from the cart rack outside the store. He had found someone's wallet that night too)! No treasure finds on the walks tonight.

Two interesting things spotted in the store-clearance rack in health & beauty by pharmacy-lots of Dove Basil and White tea body washes for 50% off (reg. $6.44). In the cereal aisle of all places (I was looking at the tea/K-cups across the aisle and swiveled to notice the Smart Source coupon holder), a $1 off Siggi's yogurt coupon pad. Dairy aisle is at the back of the store, so a bit farther away. I have not come across any of the renamed Teen Packs from Sept at this store. Don't think they came this year. Haven't checked Shoppers' clearance rack yet.

Discovered how warm my new coat is. Just zipped the inner vest part. Realized my sleeves are rather fitted (with ribbed storm cuffs), so only my thin tech cardigan would fit under the coat during colder temps. I had a short sleeve top on and managed to work up some heat in 25min so I had to partially open my zipper. No bulky knits will fit under this Lily Morgan quilted coat. My hood has no drawstring/elastic cord with tabs-the workaround will be to use a scarf clip or some other clip in a pinch during windy days to get the hood closed under the chin.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Ugh, I did not sleep well last night and have no idea why. I went to bed, fell asleep but only slept for about 45 minutes and then woke up and could not fall back asleep. It was weird, I wasn't in my head or over thinking but did not fall back asleep until after midnight.

I did a little online shopping last night. I found a couple of things in the sale section in Penningtons I liked and even the sales section was an additional 30% off. Plus I got one Mom item she can only get at Penningtons, it will full price with 30% off plus I had a code for an extra 15% off.

Then I got some things from Old Navy and I have to be honest, not sure how this is going to go. I have not bought from Old Navy in years but I realized I only have 3 or 4 long sleeve tops and 1 or 2 sweaters. Old Navy has the best prices as everything was 40% off except for everyday deals. Fingers-crossed a couple of tops are keepers.

I tried to order from Wal-Mart as I am really looking for basic shirts I can wear especially when I am in production, although I am in the office you end up on the floor or in the warehouse looking for something. So I just wanted basic simple can wear to work tops but their long sleeve section was disappointing to say the least. Almost all of their long sleeve/sweatshirts have logos or pictures on them which just is not my style. I was worried looking at their sweaters they look short and I feel like they will hit me in the wrong spot. If the ones from Old Navy do not work I will try Wal-Mart.

I love that Old Navy now has inclusive sizes which means when buying plus size I am not paying $15 to $20 more for a sweater. The one thing I have noticed is a lot of shirts are short, they just come to the waist band. I am looking for long, bulky, oversized for winter. I want warm and cozy. Plus anytime I like longer shirts so I can wear them with leggings.

I need to find my focus and figure out how my week and prep accordingly.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and Happy Monday

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Has anyone here ordered from Wayfair?

I have heard not so good reviews on their delivery but that seemed to be on larger items, a lot of reviews of things just left on lawns. I am looking for a laptop table.

I was looking at Amazon but all of the ones they have are smaller than my current table and being a remote worker (sometimes) my workstation layout is important.

Checked Wal-Mart which is where we got out current laptop table but they did not have anything comparable now.

Ikea did not have anything like what I am looking for, I like to have a two part table with a side piece I can put books on and write on because I am all about the to-do-lists.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    its been a very busy couple of weeks. but i think i am finding a new.. busier groove. not happy with the busy ... but its managable currently.

working points. i am on a app for walking.. trading points into petro points for a 10 c off per litter for gas. . slow and steady

last week... picked up a extra dc child for 1 day, andmy over night kids.
    i need to start my grocery order, make a menu plan for the week

my goal for the day is a full clean of the bedroom closet. get alll the laundry done. bring up the halloween bins... work a bit on dc stuff.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information