User Tag List

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I made a batch of lasagna roll ups, I had some ricotta cheese to use up so these are all packed up for lunches.
    Wednesday ds2 is on dinner duty. I am hoping the snow holds off at least in the morning as I have breakfast plans with my retired friends.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since it is wednesday again,*********dont forgot to save yours 4 favorites pc offers******** if you dont plan on going shopping and using them today. I just did mine(fresh pork,hellmans mayo,marzetti dip,and nescafe coffee...I had to let go the raspberries,sadly they are to expensive now...) I try to push off the more worthed I dont need now but soon to the maximun delay Otherwhise just crappy offers..grrr
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Jan 25th, 2023 at 12:08 AM.
    harbie, barbis9, crafter and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 : so sorry to read that ... ( that is awful... I hope you will start to feel better soon with the antibiotics and they will find the problem with the x ray.
    Skippy, harbie, Angela273 and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 , hope you feel better soon.
    Skippy, harbie, Angela273 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Cool morning brrr! Very light blanket of snow over night. Will go shovel in a bit for fresh air.

I need to make coffee to wake up. Then some breakfast as I am feeling really hungry.

Will deal with the leftovers in the fridge this morning and clean out the fridge. Thinking I will chop up all the meat and make a pasta dish.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ok while sipping my coffee I cleaned the kitchen. It was a disaster zone. (youngest DS Grrrr!)

Cleaned up the leftovers in the fridge. Put the rice/green beans and steak in mason jar for lunch today.
    Chopped up the pork chops. Making a pot of rice now. Will make fried rice with the pork for DS.
    Chopped up a steak. Put it in the fridge. If its not eaten today then I will pop it in the freezer and will use it another day for rice or pasta.

Now to make breakfast!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was a long day. Went to the reception for my Aunt's Brother who passed away last week. They did things a little bit differently, they had viewings for anyone who wanted to go, the funeral for immediate family only and then they asked extended family and close friends to attend the reception afterwards. Our whole family met up and attended the reception.

I have been feeling a bit anxious all week and I am not sure why. I mean I have a lot on my plate but that is called life for me, this morning was a bit worse. I was up at 5 to catch up on some work stuff so I have been doing work stuff but also when I start to lose focus I have been getting up and cleaning. I am scrubbing down all of the kitchen cabinets, I started it before Christmas but did not finish. So I re-wiping the ones I did before and am tackling the ones I did not do. Something about spray cleaning and a good wiping is helping.

Need to figure out dinner, when I got home last night I was not hungry and Mom wasn't either so later in the night we had a fend-for-yourself night. I pulled some Homemade Waffles from the Freezer and Mom pulled some Homemade Dumplings. Tonight is a mystery so far.

There was a light dusting of snow this morning, not even enough to shovel but I see we are back in the 15 to 20 cm range for the storm coming in later today.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
    Skippy, harbie, Tweets77 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Sorry @Angela273 that you have pneumonia..I have had it several times and it is no picnic!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Work was postponed today ( I knew that in advance) as a client has a surgical procedure. Not sure what came over me but I’ve been like a woman possessed. I’ve been reorganizing cupboards in the kitchen, the pantry has been tidied, kitchen cabinets cleaned and whole kitchen polished and detailed and the bed was stripped, washed and replaced since I didn’t get around to it earlier this week. All of this and it’s only 1:00pm.

Thats what happens when you play AC/DC and Montley Crew on your Spotify! Yes I like me some hard rock especially when I run or clean. Gets my juices flowing!

Now for a bowl of raw oats before I make the meat loaf’s.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your pneumonia @Angela273 prayer offered on your behalf
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

15-25 cm of snow is announced for tonight and tomorrow morning,and it is much colder !!!
    Have a great evening and night

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The snow was really bad earlier but seems to have slowed down now. I had to drop DS off at work so decided to stop at No Frills and Walmart since I had to pass them on way home.
    No frills had fancy shredded cheese on for $3.99 so I bought 2 and used $1 off coupon.
    Walmart- Decided to grab a bag of safety salt so we are prepared for next ice storm. 2 skids with same product but a difference of one penny on the signs.
    It rang in at the higher price so I scop'd it. I wasn't going to bother but I figured it was on behalf of all the people that get ripped off and don't know any better. (I also bought a bunch of pasta for the food bank so figured it was good karma )

Parked in the garage and took the shovel to the driveway. I really enjoy it when its light snow like today.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    15-25 cm of snow is announced for tonight and tomorrow morning,and it is much colder !!!
    Have a great evening and night
    Stay cozy!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Life continues to be crazy. It is semester change, so my 4 high school classes are writing final exams that I created. I teach in a K-12 school, so I continue to teach the other classes while doing final exams and report cards for my high school courses. The next semester starts in exactly one week.

I have had a cough for 1.5wks. I was able to see the local doctor today. I have pneumonia. The doctor prescribed strong antibiotics, but I still need to take 1/2 day off work in order to travel and get a chest x-ray. My chest and body hurt. There is a lack of substitute teachers, but I was able to arrange a sub.

@Angela273 hope you feel better soon

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

We woke up to a pile of snow in the driveway.
    Dropped DS off at school and I was nice and made him a lunch since today is his long day.
    I just put a load in the washer and will hang it to dry. I will do another load of whites after this one.

Our Christmas tree is still up.... so that needs to be dealt with over the next few days. I brought the bins up from the basement so that will motivate us.

Today's Goals:
    Work
    Finish laundry
    Have DS look at portable table and let me know if he wants any of the products on it. If not they go.
    Once the table is free I will empty my underwear drawer to the table and organize my drawer.
    Undecorate the tree and pack up decor on mantle.

Have a wonderful day!

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information