User Tag List

Page 2517 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 1517 2017 2417 2467 2507 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2527 ... LastLast
Results 37,741 to 37,755 of 38251
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Dinners have been planned but a lot of easy meals due to life happening. Tonight I wanted something comforting so we are having:

Homemade Meatloaf with Mashed Potato Bake and Roasted Veggies (I am thinking Carrots & Broccoli)
    harbie, walkonby and dededi like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

odd time to post but I woke up ....so, yesterday's dinner was earlier than normal as the Leafs game was starting at 6 p.m.
    ( disastrous loss to the Blackhawks btw, how do the Leafs always lose to lousy teams?? .....my take is GET RID of Justin Holl! He's useless on defense.

Anyhow, we had a hankering for a Mr. Greek Souvlaki meal but refused to spend the $$ on their increased take out prices, and too lazy to make everything from
    scratch so I found a middle ground.
    Store bought tub of Tzatziki sauce, discounted pork loin roast, PC bottled Souvlaki Marinade, 2 pkg. discounted Selection brand Pita ( those earned me a new entry into a draw! ).

Name:  Souvlaki and spuds.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  92.0 KB

I looked up a recipe on how to make their potatoes, they actually turned out great! We added extra veg to the meal ( roasted cauliflower and cabbage " steaks " ) , steamed asparagus and broccoli.
    The cut up roast made enough chunks for 9 skewers that we BBQ'd. Lots of leftovers for today and maybe even a little left for Tuesday? Depends who snacks in the middle of the night.....ha ha
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Feb 20th, 2023 at 07:14 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It's a work meal for the guys. They surprised me by requesting pork ( again ) but this time it was pork loin roast sliced up. np. I made the most scrumptious gravy from the drippings and the extra flavour came from some red wine I had leftover from last month. To go with the meat they're quite good at eating up leftover veggies, we had ample spuds, carrots and greens.
    Bon Appetite guys!

Name:  work meals.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  90.2 KB

Name:  pork loin roast with gravy.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  65.5 KB

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Today I made a pasta dish using broad egg noodles, Classico Parmesan white sauce, sliced up sauteed mushrooms, carrots, and red onion cooked along with chunks of skl/bnl turkey breast and ground turkey. broccoli florets tossed in at the end. ( using up stuff from freezer and fridge ). Sometimes these concoctions work out better than you expect!
    harbie, SassyAshley and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

@walkonby please share your roast pork loin recipe. My MIL roast it in a campbell cream of mushroom soup at low temp for several hours. I'd like to try something new. TIA.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    @walkonby please share your roast pork loin recipe. My MIL roast it in a campbell cream of mushroom soup at low temp for several hours. I'd like to try something new. TIA.
    @Purdee it was so simple it's embarrassing to call it a recipe.
    I placed my cast iron dutch oven pot on the top element, sprayed a coating of Pam inside and browned every side of the pork loin ( the lean top, layered fatty bottom, and all sides. ) Then sprinkled on S & P and Cool Runnings all purpose spice blend ( which has no salt, sugar or msg in it ) and into a 350 degree oven with the tight fitting lid on for 1 hour.
    Remove from oven and lift lid, pour whatever red wine you prefer over top ( about 3/4 cup, I used this Portuguese wine )

Name:  work meals.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  30.9 KB

Place back in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Sorry that I don't know the weight of the pork loin roast I started with but from the photo I posted above of the dinner you can see the cooked roast cut into 2 pieces. Maybe compare that to the size of the wine bottle to get an estimate? Hope this helped.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

@walkonby do you cook the loin the second time with the lid on or off? thanks

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

the lid is off, ( just for a final high heat blast to get the wine and meat melded together ) That wine makes the gravy flavour awesome btw!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Today I made a pasta dish using broad egg noodles, Classico Parmesan white sauce, sliced up sauteed mushrooms, carrots, and red onion cooked along with chunks of skl/bnl turkey breast and ground turkey. broccoli florets tossed in at the end. ( using up stuff from freezer and fridge ). Sometimes these concoctions work out better than you expect!
    Sounds good! I call this fridge clean out pasta

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dijonnaise Chicken strips with fresh pastas linguine and white wine and mushroom sauce,maybe a ceasar salad to go with that.
    Happy Sunday!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

DH strikes again with his spaghetti and meat sauce pasta. 1 900 gm pkg wasn't enough, no he added another 1/3 pkg. Pasta for the whole week! ha ha

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Bacon Cheddar sausages because they where expiring today with homemade fruits chow chow ketchup.and fresh pastas with mushrooms and white wine sauce,Weird combinaison but worked well!!!! It was good
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a lemon to use up so I am thinking a chicken/pasta dish!
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It'll be another roasted chicken in the Air Fryer, cannot resist the easy work this makes for me! Sides will be a few spuds, lots of carrots, broccoli and asparagus.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    It'll be another roasted chicken in the Air Fryer, cannot resist the easy work this makes for me! Sides will be a few spuds, lots of carrots, broccoli and asparagus.
    Well....what is it they say about best laid plans? It should say DON'T start browsing new chicken recipes. I ended up making MY version of this Slow Cooker chicken/potato soup.

Name:  picture of soup.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  56.7 KB

Instead of a crock pot I pressure cooked the whole chx with some onion, celery and red wine. After cooling I picked the meat off and tossed it back in the pot simmering with the milk, chx stock, chx bullion, herb cream cheese, mushrooms, curry powder, spuds, carrots, garlic and herbs. Tossed in lots of broccoli florets at the end. Thickened it a bit with a flour/water slurry.
    I say use what you have in the fridge and I never have kale....lol

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...o-soup-recipe/
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Thread Information