User Tag List

Page 554 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 54 454 504 544 552 553 554 555 556 564 604 654 1054 1554 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

homemade vegetarian lasagna, garlic bread with cheese and salad.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

and tonight was BBQ ribs, fries and gravy

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

stuffed zuchini

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Was brave yesterday and cooked with a new veggie - bok choy! (had only had it in bought Chinese food before) I googled recipes for bok choy + ground pork, and a stirfry recipe came up, and wow, it was good!
    Mind you, it said cut the bok choy in half lengthwise and wash well - but I had no idea how to cut it up, so just used my best judgement.
    Also the first time marinating ground meat, and it really made a difference.
    Served with rice noodles (they freaked my husband out a bit, but he ate them.)

So the big thing of bok choy was only 86 cents, and I have half of it left, so will have to find something to make with it over the next few days.

Tonight is Highliner English fish and chips, with a salad.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Was brave yesterday and cooked with a new veggie - bok choy! (had only had it in bought Chinese food before) I googled recipes for bok choy + ground pork, and a stirfry recipe came up, and wow, it was good!
    Mind you, it said cut the bok choy in half lengthwise and wash well - but I had no idea how to cut it up, so just used my best judgement.
    Also the first time marinating ground meat, and it really made a difference.
    Served with rice noodles (they freaked my husband out a bit, but he ate them.)

So the big thing of bok choy was only 86 cents, and I have half of it left, so will have to find something to make with it over the next few days.

Tonight is Highliner English fish and chips, with a salad.
    mmm yummy! bok choy is good in pasta sauce, i thought it was strange the first time I seen a co-worker make it at work but oh was it ever good! and all you have to do it is simmer it with all the other veggies in your sauce, easy-peasy lol

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, that's a good idea, dawn! Thx!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I like all those things that are nice but kinda cheap to use. Cabbage,bok choy,etc. I like to use caned tomatoes with it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sometimes when I make Ichiban noodles, I'll add bok choy and cubed tofu to it - add the white part first and then the greens when you have a minute or so left to cook.

I actually prefer baby bok choy, there's less of the white stalk. Another thing, you need to be really good about cleaning it, unless you like crunching on grit.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

mmm I love bok choy. I really like putting baby bok choy in a wok or frying pan with some garlic, ginger, a drizzle of soy sauce and a touch of honey. Add some hot sauce if you want some kick. Delicious.

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm so mad at myself last night for dinner we had Mc Donalds (I've been trying not to eat out) Tonight we're having breakfast (bacon, eggs, hash browns & toast)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dawn_sweety View Post
    mmm yummy! bok choy is good in pasta sauce, i thought it was strange the first time I seen a co-worker make it at work but oh was it ever good! and all you have to do it is simmer it with all the other veggies in your sauce, easy-peasy lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    I like all those things that are nice but kinda cheap to use. Cabbage,bok choy,etc. I like to use caned tomatoes with it.

I agree 100% guys! My newest favourite one is Gai Lan ( Chinese broccoli ) because after I wash it thoroughly I use all of it. Stems and leaves, no waste! In soup it's fab, stir fry no problem , I even served it steamed as a veg and they all liked the taste.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jim is cooking up some bacon . . . ohthedelicioussmell!

I bought a basket of field tomatoes, ripe for a toasted BLT, methinks, for lunch.

= = = = = =

We're back from our three-day stay at Harmer's cottages on the St. Lawrence River. Jim caught a little perch, but nothing big enough for the fry pan -- so we dined on President's Choice No Name lasagne, and a green mixed salad with a cool glass of beer. We had a wonderful time boating, trolling, and I got some watercolor painting in. ^_^

The woman just ahead of you at the supermarket checkout has all the delectable groceries you didn't even know they carried.
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Pork rib on my big Green egg!

Prepare your cooker for indirect grilling at 275 degrees Fahrenheit, using cherry and apple wood for flavor. Season the ribs with the rub. Put the ribs into the rib rack indirect heat 3 hours!
    Take a double-thick piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil (big enough to wrap a slab of ribs), and slather about 1/3 cup of honey on each sheet, spreading it where the ribs will lie and brown sugar. Place the ribs meaty side down and add more honey and brown sugar on top of the slab. Now crimp the edges of the foil and pour 1/2 cup of apple juice in the bottom. Do this for all three slabs. Loosely close the packets around the ribs and lay them back in the cooker.
    Cook another 90 minutes. Carefully unwrap the packets and take out the ribs. Place the ribs back on the cooker, raising the temperature to 350 degrees. Brush with the glaze or barbecue sauce and flip several times for another 20 minutes.
    Dr. BBQ’s rub (combine)
    1/4 cup salt
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
    1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion
    1 tablespoon paprika
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
    Dr. BBQ’s Sweet and Sticky Glaze
    This is what Dr. BBQ always uses to finish his ribs and chicken at BBQ cookoffs around the country.
    1 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup dark molasses
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon allspice
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon mace
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke (Optional)
    1/2 cup honey
    1 tablespoon hot sauce of choice
    Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, stir well, and simmer for 15 minutes to reduce and thicken
    $450 in amazon.ca gift certificate and counting Thanks! to Swagbucks! click the link below to join!
    Join Swagucks and get cool Prizes!
    My BBQ Blog http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

we had roast, mashed potatoes & carrots

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oktoberfest sausages and beef lemon pepper rice yummy!

Thread Information