User Tag List

Page 661 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 161 561 611 651 659 660 661 662 663 671 711 761 1161 1661 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

tonight was chicken stir fry with peppers, snow peas, mushrooms, onions and broccoli over egg noodles. rainbow cake for dessert
    Natalka, aussie and attitash like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I cooked a nice bone in ham on Sunday. We had scalloped potatoes and steamed cabbage in a white sauce.

There are only three of us, so I'm trying to figure out what to turn the leftover ham into. There is still quite a bit left. Any ideas?
    I always make homemade pizzas with diced leftover ham. I also cut pieces up small, and freeze in ziplocs to use for fried rice, quiche, omelettes, etc. It gets a bit watery after being frozen, so I don't like to eat it just on its own, but it's great to include with something else.
    -----------

Tonight was our last night to have meat until Sunday (Easter week for us), so I wanted us to have a good hit of meat - so we had 7-Eleven wings (awesome) and their crispy crunchy coated fries (oy, so amazing!).
    attitash likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    269 (100%)

Oh, I'm a bit behind

For Easter had

Baked smoked picnic ham shoulder, with garlic herb rub. gravy and crackling (the crackling is like crack )
    Mashed potatoes in the slow cooker with herbs
    Roasted asparagus

For dessert, made one of those easy bake pies from Tenderflake using blackberries and organic strawberries - Wow suprisingly good.

(Approx. cost Ham 30% off $7.00, potatoes $1 or $2 Asparagus 0.75, pie kit FREE, blackberries $1, strawberries 50% off $1)

Been eating the leftovers for two days, but changed up the veg - made a Kale casserole.

Tonight, needed something light and springy, so....

Farfalle with brown butter, grape tomatoes and asparagus

(Approx. cost Pasta 0.17, butter 0.25, tomatoes 1.35, asparagus $1)
    Natalka, aussie and attitash like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    269 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I always make homemade pizzas with diced leftover ham. I also cut pieces up small, and freeze in ziplocs to use for fried rice, quiche, omelettes, etc. It gets a bit watery after being frozen, so I don't like to eat it just on its own, but it's great to include with something else.
    -----------

Tonight was our last night to have meat until Sunday (Easter week for us), so I wanted us to have a good hit of meat - so we had 7-Eleven wings (awesome) and their crispy crunchy coated fries (oy, so amazing!).
    Good idea for the leftover ham

I want to make my French Canadian pea soup with the leftover ham bone, but can't find my recipe.

If anyone has a good one, please feel free post it. I'd appreciate it.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Creamed vegetable soup and english muffin egg sandwiches.
    Natalka likes this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Yesterday for game night we ordered a Pizza made tandoori wings (lemon and herb) and two differnet flavor ribs and a tossed green salad

Tonight is Sicilian Meatballs with homemade sauce and 25 cent catelli pasta!!
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Love this thread, so inspiring! After my little one was born, hubby and I fell into the extrememly unhealthy and expensive habit of eating out... Almost every night for a while there. I've been trying to cook more often, and find this thread great for motivating me, and giving me ideas to try!

Two nights ago we had homemade antojitos with a side of spinach salad.

Last night was butter chicken with naan bread - supposed to have the rest of the spinach salad, but overnight it had developed a mold that looked like mildew... There were hardboiled eggs in there, we think they were the cause.

Tonight not sure yet. Probably tacos since I have all the ingredients and I don't feel like going shopping today (lots of Old El Paso kits in my cupboard!).
    Natalka and aussie like this.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

DH picked up a couple of NY strip on sale this week at Buy Low, so we are having that cooked on the bbq (woo first steak of the year) with potatoes and spinach.
    Natalka and Zia_Stephie like this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Last night we had Salsa Chicken with itty-bitty spaghetti noodles. Not Spaghettini.. I never saw this kind. I had another bowl at midnight, too
    Natalka likes this.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Name:  534657_10150624198622115_709737114_9290707_95651320_n.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  14.9 KB

Chicken tighs cook on my BBQ with a hint of cherry smoke!
    Natalka, aussie and $avvy$hopper like this.
    $450 in amazon.ca gift certificate and counting Thanks! to Swagbucks! click the link below to join!
    Join Swagucks and get cool Prizes!
    My BBQ Blog http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Chicken on the BBQ, baked potatoes, corn, & fresh rolls.
    Natalka and $avvy$hopper like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Baked sole with lemon and seasonings; leftover garlic mashed potatoes with corn; Caesar salad.
    After we were done, my husband asked our son to get him some more salad. My son yells out "Mom, where's your husband? This can't be yours, he asked for more salad!"

LOL, so true, husband only eats veggies and salads because I make them - but this was loaded salad with Renee's Mighty Caesar dressing, so it was pretty wickedly good!
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 09:05 PM.
    $avvy$hopper and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I ate a baked potato, steamed green beans and cooked carrots for dinner, too lazy to thaw any meat out.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

reading all these posts makes me hungry again! Tonight was chicken breasts (coated in shake n bake, ranch flavour). I placed them on creamy mashed potatoes and topped the chicken breasts with a tomato/garlic&herb sauce with alfredo sauce drizzled in. Yummo!

It was my first time using cream cheese in the mashed potatoes...definitely will do that again! Even my dd ate them up.

We have leftovers to use up tomorrow and I've got Olymel strips in the freezer. Will do wraps with a side salad or something simple.
    Last edited by $avvy$hopper; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

All my children have fur Wendark's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have outdone myself today And this was a very easy meal. I had two frozen pieshells (ready made from store) and I was going to make a traditional double-crust pie, but I had so much stuffing, I made two pies instead.

I sauteed onions and garlic and added veggie ground round. Meanwhile, I roasted a bag of frozen mixed veggies (the kind meant for the BBQ). Added them to the ground round mixture and sauteed some more, then added a can of mushroom gravey. Poured this into the two pie crusts. Made instant mashed potatoes (they're pretty good) and layered them on top of the ground round. Baked the whole thing until the crust was done and the potato topping was somewhat crispy. Kind of like a sheppards pie but in pastry.

Added rice, kidney beans, stewed cabbage. dh had two helping of that "pie stuff".
    Last edited by Wendark; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 11:15 PM.

Thread Information