User Tag List

Page 761 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 261 661 711 751 759 760 761 762 763 771 811 861 1261 1761 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,415 of 38274
Like Tree169189Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

brown fried rice with a side of red swiss chard
    Natalka, Angela273, ninna and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Mango Curry chicken with green beans and rice . Except I couldn't eat any of it because my mouth is frozen from getting fillings :s. ice cream it is for me!
    Natalka, cabmonk, ninna and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My six year old DS hasn't had seafood chowder very often in his life, but he does enjoy most fish. Haddock, salmon, mussels, and especially lobster are all foods he enjoys. While we were in PEI at a lobster supper (one of the few places I've ever seen with lobster on the children's menu) he discovered he really likes chowder. At a pub recently with DH, he heard the server mention it as a special, asked if he could have it, of course he could and ate a big bowl. Much better than the usual chicken nuggets you get on the children's menu.

This week, my non-fish-eating DH is away for work. I had some chowder mix in the freezer, so made a quick seafood chowder for supper. He not only gobbled down his bowl, but when I mentioned we'd have it for supper tomorrow as leftovers, I got a hug, along with, "Yay, chowder! You're the best Mom ever!"

I think maybe chowder needs to be on our menu more often, despite DH's dislike of it!
    Last edited by Zonny; Wed, Aug 29th, 2012 at 09:16 PM.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Zonny,
    Living in the maritimes, is seafood still cheap like in yesteryears? My BIL is from PEI; he talks about bringing lobster sandwiches to school and trading for other kid's peanut butter and jelly ones! I love seafood, but being completely landlocked, we can't get the best unless it's frozen or really pricey.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Mmmmm seafood!! I ate some snow crab legs for my dinner, with broccoli/new potatoes.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made something new for supper tonight. We had baked zucchini stuffed with onion, celery, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, grated marble cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, and parsley flakes. We had salmon fillets glazed with maple syrup and mustard. It was quite good.
    Natalka, cabmonk, ninna and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yum, all this seafood talk!

Angela, that meal sounds amazing!

Well, I ended up falling asleep reading late this afternoon, and woke up at 7 pm. to two very hungry men - uh, they can't feed themselves? (well, they can, but they always say they don't know what I have planned...) Too late to make the meal I planned, so we Whoppered ourselves - and it was good!
    ninna, Wendark, ssbean and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

pizza...tomorrow it will be steak on the barbie and salad
    Natalka, ninna, Wendark and 2 others like this.

~just your average nerd~

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Zonny,
    Living in the maritimes, is seafood still cheap like in yesteryears? My BIL is from PEI; he talks about bringing lobster sandwiches to school and trading for other kid's peanut butter and jelly ones! I love seafood, but being completely landlocked, we can't get the best unless it's frozen or really pricey.
    No, I wouldn't call it cheap. Lobster is on sale this week at Superstore for $5 a pound, which is a very good deal. DS loves that too, we had lobster the other night! The chowder mix i had, bought it at Clearwater awhile back and I think it was about $3 a pound on sale (quite cheap), but it was mostly salmon, not a lot of other fish in it. Normal prices for haddock is over $6 a pound, salmon filets are over $7 I think. Sure is yummy though!

All my children have fur Wendark's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

last night: two Amy's broccoli and cheese pot pies (from the freezer section of your grocer) with fries and canned corn. "cooking" doesn't get much easier than this

BTW, those pot pies are REALLY good and I strongly recommend them, even to you meat eaters. 5 mins in the microwave and they're ready.
    Natalka, ninna and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Tonight its chick pea tacos! Mmm I can't wait, first time making this recipe!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Earlier in the week I made a ton of food for when I had dental surgery so it's all in the freezer.
    Last night DH had some Stouffer tortilini I got at Fred Meyers for .51c a bag reg $3.99
    i had a few sips of chicken broth and pain meds washed down with powerade.

Tonight the family will be feasting on the homemade Italian turkey meatballs and maranara sauce I pre made . I will be having some potato soup I pre made(hopefully)

I went to Fred Meyer and picked up 4-1.25lbs of ground turkey for $3.99 each and for $15.96 I made enough mini meatloafs and meatballs to make aprox 16 servings! Yay easy dinners for me now!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Stuffed red pepprs, stuffed with hummus, caramelized onions and coucous topped with homemade tomato sauce
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    harbie, ninna, ssbean and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Tonight its chick pea tacos! Mmm I can't wait, first time making this recipe!
    Yum yum! That sounds good! Please let us know how they turned out...and maybe even share the recipe? I have become a chick pea convert in the past year. LOL.

Tonight's supper was spinach and salsa lentil soup with a side of garlic bread and cheese.

Gotta admit I was nervous about the soup because my kids have never tried this one before and...well... they aren't exactly spinach friendly. So here we were at the table they were ooh-ing and ahhh-ing about how tasty it was...LOL...and about halfway through the bowl, my eldest DD looks close and says, "Is that spinach?" And I thought to myself, "OMG. Here we go." And I said, "yes. That's spinach." And both of them (even my uber-picky youngest) were like, "hmmm. We really like this soup even though it has spinach in it!"

(Man, I was so relieved that was their response instead of the usual, "ewww. Spinach! Do I have to eat it?")
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

ninna, that's how my son got to like spinach. First time, I used it in lasagne, then in phyllo vegetable pie, then on from there.
    Now he freaks out his friends when they go to a fastfood place to get a sandwich, and he has them pile on the spinach!

For supper, I made a stirfry with lean pork loin, onions, carrots, broccoli stalk, cauliflower, and celery, served over leftover cut-up spaghetti. Improvised some sort of broth/sauce for it that turned out rather good!
    ninna and ssbean like this.

Thread Information