User Tag List

Page 762 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 262 662 712 752 760 761 762 763 764 772 812 862 1262 1762 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are "moving" to Saskatoon on Saturday while we await the arrival of our baby boy, so I've been clearing out the fridge. Tonight or tomorrow we are going to have a chicken & vegetable stir fry over wide egg noodles. That should take care of most of the fresh veggies we have left.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Aug 31st, 2012 at 01:17 AM.
    Natalka and ssbean like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

tonight was homemade meatballs with a mix of vh sweet & sour sauce and a bit of BBQ sauce, mashed potatotes and broccoli. leftover birthday cake for dessert.
    Natalka, cabmonk and ssbean like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    Yum yum! That sounds good! Please let us know how they turned out...and maybe even share the recipe? I have become a chick pea convert in the past year. LOL.

Tonight's supper was spinach and salsa lentil soup with a side of garlic bread and cheese.

Gotta admit I was nervous about the soup because my kids have never tried this one before and...well... they aren't exactly spinach friendly. So here we were at the table they were ooh-ing and ahhh-ing about how tasty it was...LOL...and about halfway through the bowl, my eldest DD looks close and says, "Is that spinach?" And I thought to myself, "OMG. Here we go." And I said, "yes. That's spinach." And both of them (even my uber-picky youngest) were like, "hmmm. We really like this soup even though it has spinach in it!"

(Man, I was so relieved that was their response instead of the usual, "ewww. Spinach! Do I have to eat it?")
    Share that recipe please!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Spinach and Salsa Lentil Soup

In a large pot, saute until soft:
    1 cup shredded carrots
    1 large onion, chopped
    with 1 tbsp of oil

Add,
    8 cups water
    2 cups salsa
    1 1/4 cup brown lentils, rinsed
    1 tsp salt

Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer till lentils are tender (anywhere from 30-60 minutes depending on age of lentils)

Stir in a 10 oz. package of fresh spinach, torn and simmer 5-10 minutes until wilted.

Serve!

Recipe claims it serves 6 and when I plugged in the info on myfitnesspal, here's the rough nutrition breakdown per serving:

Calories- 254
    Carbs- 35
    Protein- 13g
    Fibre- 12g
    Fat- 7g
    Sugar 4g

I will warn you though-- if it serves 6, those are 6 very hungry starved people. LOL.

Okay...so that's the original recipe (hehe) which is okay...but I found it bland the first time I made it. Also, it tends to be more stew-like than soup like. It's very thick with all those lentils.

This time around, I monkeyed with it. I reduced the lentils to 1 cup instead of the 1 1/4. I threw in an extra 1/4 cup or so of salsa (enough to finish the jar off!) plus 2 extra cups of water (and it was still thick!). I used a 300g package of frozen chopped spinach instead of the 10oz bag of fresh...so mine was very spinach-y. Also dashed in some oregano, basil, thyme, and a few bay leaves. I really liked it much better the seccond time around. Think it was the spices that made the difference.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Tonight I will have the stuffed clams if I can find them at no frills..Timmins is some times funny for finding things advertised because of our location and it being pretty much a meat and potato place, but If I find them will put them with corn on the cob.

Name:  clams.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  9.0 KB

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I made something new for supper tonight. We had baked zucchini stuffed with onion, celery, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, grated marble cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, and parsley flakes. We had salmon fillets glazed with maple syrup and mustard. It was quite good.
    Umm sounds like it,lol.

Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Hurray! Friday is takeout night! .
    ninna and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Tonight I will have the stuffed clams if I can find them at no frills..Timmins is some times funny for finding things advertised because of our location and it being pretty much a meat and potato place, but If I find them will put them with corn on the cob.

Name:  clams.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  9.0 KB

I wound up buying 6 of the stuffed scallops instead of clams, and yes those are pogo's in the basket,lol I like em ok.

protecteur, ninna and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Whatever Anne Dougherty and Fallen Pixels decide, since we are having a girls night...but probably chinese food lol

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Whatever Anne Dougherty and Fallen Pixels decide, since we are having a girls night...but probably chinese food lol
    Sounds good.

I'm driving myself crazy deciding where to eat when I'm in Toronto oct 12th - 15th.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ham roast, scalloped potatoes and beans from the garden. No. Not MY garden. Gheesh. That would imply I could actually grow stuff successfully. Beans from someone else's garden. Like, the nice vegetable farmer down the road.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Site is under attack again, but it looks like boo is taking care of it, although its going up and down a little bit right now, so on to my dinner tonight.
    I had my stuffed scallops, with corn on the cob, some tomatoes and lemon wedges that were for the scallops.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Since I have a bushel of red peppers that we picked on the farm last week I am trying to use them up fast lol. So tonight we are having red pepper stuffed with whole wheat rotini in tomato basil sauce (I have made 78 litres so far ) and sprinkled with nutritional yeast for a cheesy substitute.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Fri, Aug 31st, 2012 at 08:00 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Since I have a bushel of red peppers that we picked on the farm last week I am trying to use them up fast lol. So tonight we are having red pepper stuffed with whole wheat rotini in tomato basil sauce (I have made 78 litres so far ) and sprinkled with nutritional yeast for a cheesy substitue.
    I thought you were gonna say because you had so many of them..it would be red peppers stuffed with more red peppers,lol.
    Patty Smyth, ninna and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Chipotle in Buffalo
    I had a vegan gluten free bowl...it was awesome

Thread Information