User Tag List

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Wanted to have a positive post today....we picked up our rescue cat finally-he is starting to get used to us, goes in to the vets tomorrow for surgery (neuter) and vaccinations. Very friendly boy.

As well I am fundraising again- hosting a sensory sensitive Santa day here in Brantford for all the kiddies like my ds who can't "do" typical Santa....
    http://thebookoftimothy.blogspot.ca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He is beautiful

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-up early didn't sleep well last nice (had to take a Tylenol 2 at 1.00 cause my gums -what else is new !-it will be a long day with "ashlyn" today -yesterday she slept 2 and a half hours in her afternoon nap i read half my book -managed to take her out for 15 minute walk in her stroller as it 1 degree In the morning-by its hard to get her little boots on i gave up and put her runners on
    -I m so behind in grocery,xmas shopping -don't have my tree up yet -cause I have been babysitting and sick half the time i am off-well have wed /thursday off-getting hair cut Thursday and see what else I can fit in
    -off to babysit at 6.00 a.m

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Boy CG you are a great grandma! I have the 4 boys today-2, 5 week old twins and 2 rambunctious 4 year old twins-that should keep me hopping. Wish me luck-better have an extra coffee this morning!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I finally received the compression stockings that I had ordered online on November 7th. The package did not contain a receipt and the "for your records" receipt that I had printed off when I placed my ordered did not match what my credit card was billed. I was charged $55.xx more than indicated. I need to quickly get to the bottom of this. Dh's medical coverage will reimbursed 75% of the purchase, but if I don't have a receipt with the full charges on it then the $55.xx will be completely out of pockets, which means that I will need to quickly send this back to the company or possibly put the charges in dispute with my credit card company. So annoying. This order has been nothing but trouble.

I couldn't got to sleep until nearly midnight last night. LO started his day at 6:30am, so I have been up since then. I received a phone call last night from the teacher that booked me in advance for the next two days. Today I am on supervision before school, morning and afternoon recesses, plus bus supervision at the end of the day. Teachers are only paid for lunch supervision, the rest of the supervision is unpaid. I'm just glad she gave me a little warning so that I am bundled up some. Immediately after school I am going to Sobeys for 10% off day. I am going to redeem some FPCs that are going to expire, which will give me 10% towards my other purchases. I wasn't able to trade away a juice FPC, so I am going to redeem it today and likely add it to a food hamper that I am making for my pregnant neighbour. She really appreciated the package that I made up for her last Christmas. She will be receiving a big food hamper later in the month, so I thought I might do this box up earlier in December. 5:00pm there is mass and the CWL Christmas supper that I purchased family tickets for. So tonight's supper is being catered by EB's (local restaurant), with roast beef, etc. I'd better get LO dressed now.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Making some new changes around our life for the new year.

I plan on implementing some changes to our budget starting January 1st so DH has a month to prepare himself. I printed out Gail Valoxide's budget sheet to start with and have been filling out a rough draft so far. I dropped $5.65 off our Bell bill and changed our deductible from $500.00 to $1000.00 on our house insurance yesterday but I won't know the savings until I get the paperwork. I also plan to keep posting on our local buy & sell.

I also dug through our indoor recycling container yesterday to submit 2 receipts to CO51 & Snap for a savings of $2.50 on items I got free.

We owe just over $2000.00 and I want to pay it off ASAP and they will be no more spending money on things we don't have the money for and DH has agreed to this (thank goodness as he can be an impulse buyer). He has also agreed to finish things around the house first that we have stuff for so less money spent that way.

We are also using up the food in the freezer first before I restock again...it can be surprising what you find in there as I haven't been keeping my freezer list up to date lately.

Hopefully, we can stick to it or pretty darn close. Does anybody else have any budgeting plans or tips for the new year?
    Last edited by macw1960; Tue, Dec 2nd, 2014 at 08:46 AM.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Another fun day of chores for me (& playtime if I give in to the brats' wishes ). Hoping I can finish re-organizing my kitchen so that I can set up my Xmas tree forest on the island before my Mom comes over on Thurs (it's her b-day, so we're celebrating at the Xmas market). I don't suppose anyone has any energy they can spare? This warm cool warm cool weather is taking its toll - the brats & I are shedding like crazy & I swear I spend most of my day vacuuming. Or brushing someone. Thankfully no one tries to groom me, or we'd really have issues with the shedding.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good morning everyone.
    Well life has thrown us another curve ball. I went to the dentist about six weeks ago to have a tooth extracted, and my dentist was sick so I got a new girl. before extracting my tooth she took my blood pressure, something I have never had done at the dentist before. She was shocked at how high my pressure was and advised I see my doctor, which was confusing because I had a physical the week prior and my pressure was fine, I even stopped at the drug store on the way home from the dentist and took it and it was normal so I shrugged it off as white coat syndrome. Fast forward two weeks and I was doing housework and starting feeling nauseous and had a very new to me type of headache, I then recalled the dentist had taken my pressure in my right arm because all the dental equipment was on my left side, so I dug out the portable monitor we have at home and took my pressure on my right and it was really really high..like 205 over 110 and normal on my left side.Off to the doctor I went and she immediately sent me for and ecg and it was not good, so an echo and stress test was scheduled for the following week. the cardiologist then sent me to Calgary on Thursday to have an angiogram and they found two blockages, one 90 % and one 70 % so I immediately had angioplasty done and two stents placed in the blocked artery. I am considering myself very lucky this was caught before I had a heart attack, I am home now and on the mend.If it wasn't for the dentist I wouldn't have picked up on this until it was too late, I fel very blessed. Needless to say Christmas will be a little more low key than usual but I am just happy to be home and healing.
    I hope this is the last of the medical issues for us between my son's accident and my husband has his own heart issues it has been a bit of a tough year for us and my son has his last surgery on his ankle this Friday.I hope that is the end of it!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -up early didn't sleep well last nice (had to take a Tylenol 2 at 1.00 cause my gums -what else is new !-it will be a long day with "ashlyn" today -yesterday she slept 2 and a half hours in her afternoon nap i read half my book -managed to take her out for 15 minute walk in her stroller as it 1 degree In the morning-by its hard to get her little boots on i gave up and put her runners on
    -I m so behind in grocery,xmas shopping -don't have my tree up yet -cause I have been babysitting and sick half the time i am off-well have wed /thursday off-getting hair cut Thursday and see what else I can fit in
    -off to babysit at 6.00 a.m
    Sorry your gums are still giving you grief. Head pain of any kind has to be the worst.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Good morning everyone.
    Well life has thrown us another curve ball. I went to the dentist about six weeks ago to have a tooth extracted, and my dentist was sick so I got a new girl. before extracting my tooth she took my blood pressure, something I have never had done at the dentist before. She was shocked at how high my pressure was and advised I see my doctor, which was confusing because I had a physical the week prior and my pressure was fine, I even stopped at the drug store on the way home from the dentist and took it and it was normal so I shrugged it off as white coat syndrome. Fast forward two weeks and I was doing housework and starting feeling nauseous and had a very new to me type of headache, I then recalled the dentist had taken my pressure in my right arm because all the dental equipment was on my left side, so I dug out the portable monitor we have at home and took my pressure on my right and it was really really high..like 205 over 110 and normal on my left side.Off to the doctor I went and she immediately sent me for and ecg and it was not good, so an echo and stress test was scheduled for the following week. the cardiologist then sent me to Calgary on Thursday to have an angiogram and they found two blockages, one 90 % and one 70 % so I immediately had angioplasty done and two stents placed in the blocked artery. I am considering myself very lucky this was caught before I had a heart attack, I am home now and on the mend.If it wasn't for the dentist I wouldn't have picked up on this until it was too late, I fel very blessed. Needless to say Christmas will be a little more low key than usual but I am just happy to be home and healing.
    I hope this is the last of the medical issues for us between my son's accident and my husband has his own heart issues it has been a bit of a tough year for us and my son has his last surgery on his ankle this Friday.I hope that is the end of it!!

I`ve never heard of a dentist taking blood pressure but Someone was looking out for you. Glad it was caught and that you are on the mend. Hope next year will be better for you and your family.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Good morning everyone.
    I have never heard of dentists taking your blood pressure either...thankfully they did and you are now on the mend. Here's hoping 2015 will be better for you and yours.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you ladies for the hugs and prayers. They are much needed right now. On a lighter note...I may be the only person I know who might actually lose weight while on prednisone. During the night my tongue swelled up. Do you know how hard it is to eat with a swollen tongue? lol
    Ciel, macw1960, lilo0003 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning everyone.
    Oh wow. Good thing you remembered the different side too! Glad you're doing ok

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Thank you ladies for the hugs and prayers. They are much needed right now. On a lighter note...I may be the only person I know who might actually lose weight while on prednisone. During the night my tongue swelled up. Do you know how hard it is to eat with a swollen tongue? lol
    Swelled up? Not good!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.
    I recall how my mom went to the on-call doctor for back trouble and he sent her for a scan. The techs saw a troubling spot and that's how they found out she had cancer in one of her kidneys. Thankfully there are professionals out there who will make the right call at the right time, even if it seems odd at the time.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh TG-so glad your high BP was caught and you are on the mend and all the best to your son with his surgery. You 3 have certainly had way more than your fair share of health issues this year! Take it easy please! Otherwise I may have to pop up the road to Red Deer and do your Xmas baking and shopping for you!

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information