User Tag List

Page 854 of 923 FirstFirst ... 354 754 804 844 852 853 854 855 856 864 904 ... LastLast
Results 12,796 to 12,810 of 13842
Like Tree40541Likes

Thread: Whats it like in your neck of the woods?

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glad the ccccccold cccccold weather is staying out west! Brrrrr!
    @KelJo - that is quite a snowfall you will have! Stay warm!
    Newfiescreech, KelJo and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

wow, the temps out West are indeed cold, I'm glad it's not that cold here...-20 windchill is bad enough!!! I'm so looking forward to this storm and getting more snow as we need a little more for some serious snowmobiling!!! Our problem is we get so much wind with the storms most of the snow blow right over the island out into the ocean. Currently -8 feels like -15, sunny, getting ready to hit the snow trails I Winter
    Natalka, dededi and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yikes. This from the weather network on Twitter ...

“Alberta and Saskatchewan residents should prepare for extreme nighttime wind chill values in the -45 to -50 range through the rest of the week. “

Stay warm folks and stay safe!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@KelJo and @Newfiescreech and all our friends in the maritimes ... please take care.

“Hurricane-strength gusts between 90-130+ km/h are likely across Newfoundland Thursday night into Friday in what could be the biggest winter storm of the year for the region. “

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Thanks Goodboy!! This is going to be a whopper of a storm, I've already checked around the outside of the house to make sure nothing is going to bust a window...hopefully we don't lose the power. The power could be gone for a week+! I have a wood stove if we do...and lots of food, water, candles, wood, lamps, books, wine, lol etc (For 3 hours Friday night the wind will be 100km/hr N gusting to 150km/hr). The wind will start here late tonight until noon Saturday

Blizzard Warning

Summary

Blizzard conditions with gusty winds and visibility frequently near zero in snow and blowing snow are expected or occurring.

Locations: northeastern Newfoundland.

Total snowfall: generally 20 to 40 cm with locally higher amounts possible.

Maximum wind gusts: northerly 90 to 110 km/h, with gusts to 130 km/h along exposed areas of the coast.

Time span: Friday morning until Saturday afternoon.

Remarks: Anyone planning travel or other weather-sensitive activities is urged to monitor forecasts and to consider alternate plans. Visibility is expected to be reduced to near zero at times with widespread blizzard conditions.

Conditions are expected to improve early on Saturday for most areas but strong winds, snow and blowing snow will persist over coastal areas exposed to the north into Saturday afternoon.
    rock lobster, dededi and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glad you are prepared and hunkering down! Hope you get some snow for snowmobiling after! But until then just keep safe!
    KelJo and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

had a visitor this morning...Mr Seal!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Temp already up to -30, wind-chill -40.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

The storm has started, blizzard conditions already ..

Blizzard Warning

Summary

Blizzard conditions with gusty winds and visibility frequently near zero in snow and blowing snow are expected or occurring.

Locations: northeastern Newfoundland.

Total snowfall: generally 15 to 30 cm, with slightly higher amounts near Bonavista Bay and Terra Nova National Park.

Maximum wind gusts: northerly 100 km/h, except up to 140 along parts of the coast.

Time span: until Saturday afternoon.

Remarks: Snow, at times heavy, will continue until early Saturday morning . The combination of snow and strong winds will create blizzard conditions with visibilities reduced to near zero in blowing snow.

Conditions are expected to improve early on Saturday for most areas but strong winds and blowing snow will persist over coastal areas exposed to the north into Saturday afternoon.

Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. Store or anchor objects so they are not tossed by the wind causing injury or damage.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

The blizzard was very intense, yikes, worse storm I've experienced so far....the wind was unreal, for hours & hours, sounded like a freight train going through the house. Luckily, I had no damage. St John's and the Avalon got hammered with snow, if anything we lost a bit of our snow, the wind took everything! Lost the power for 18 hours.. I looked out my window yesterday morning at daylight and discovered my neighbours family's fishing stage had been obliterated ..everything was floating in the cove or on the front lawn. Several fishing stages in the area was lost (which is a huge loss as its people's livelihood) , shingles, roofs, siding, gone...here are a couple of pics floating around the internet that pretty much sums up this storm

Divided Highway, St John's

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

AND now we have a Snowfall Warning for tonight!!!

Issued at 05:25 Sunday 19 January 2020

More snow on the way to start the week.

Total snowfall accumulations: near 15 cm.

Time span: this evening until Monday morning.

Remarks: strong easterly winds will accompany the snow creating reduced visibilities in blowing snow tonight.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for checking in @KelJo and letting us know your situation! Glad you made it through pretty much unscathed! Sad about the losses for your neighbours however!
    princessjen, KelJo and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Much better here, -22 windchill, -14 temp

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

We got about 15-20 cm overnight, its blustery here today!! Another snow day for the kids!!...The Army has arrived for the St. John's area 4th Artillery Regiment, General Support, RCA..The State of Emergency remains in effect..Grocery stores will be permitted to open tomorrow from 10am-6pm, no restaurants, fast food , etc, etc, businesses are to remain closed for tomorrow and no school. Residents were advised to buy enough groceries, etc for a 48 hr period in case the SOE continues...
    Last edited by KelJo; Mon, Jan 20th, 2020 at 12:27 PM.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

-7 feels like -16, sunny but starting to cloud over

Thread Information