User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

[QUOTE=Natalka;2322038]Oh, Sally - that's just gross!

So fake-cancer woman was in court this morning, but since she couldn't provide a surety, she'll reappear on Wednesday. No parents or family members were there.

NOW, that made me think.... as a parent, what to do? Your child allegedly commits a serious crime - do you support the child or not? Just a physical presence in court, even if you don't bail them out of jail? I need to think on this.....[/QUOTE]

Her parents have come out publicly and said they want nothing to do with her. They actually stopped speaking to her awhile ago bc she has always done some short of selfish scams no matter what they have tried to do to help her. Her father said this was the last straw.
    No offense but I think this women is evil! Who in there right mind can do something...and if its true that she volunteered at cancer wards then shame on her shame shame!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Just thinking out loud here, but I feel kind of sad for this young woman. She's wrecked her life. This is going to follow her forever This is national news, her name will forever be associated with this horrible scam. Who would ever hire her? Who would ever want her living next to them? I'm not saying she doesn't deserve it, she does, but it is sad to see someone so young so thoroughly destroy their own future.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Just thinking out loud here, but I feel kind of sad for this young woman. She's wrecked her life. This is going to follow her forever This is national news, her name will forever be associated with this horrible scam. Who would ever hire her? Who would ever want her living next to them? I'm not saying she doesn't deserve it, she does, but it is sad to see someone so young so thoroughly destroy their own future.
    eh, I'm not too worried, our system is built around people being able to rebuild their life, look at Ms. Homolka.

And Sally I agree on the over saturation of charities in our society! It's too much, and people become jaded.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post

Her parents have come out publicly and said they want nothing to do with her. They actually stopped speaking to her awhile ago bc she has always done some short of selfish scams no matter what they have tried to do to help her. Her father said this was the last straw.
    No offense but I think this women is evil! Who in there right mind can do something...and if its true that she volunteered at cancer wards then shame on her shame shame!
    I hadn't realized that this was a pattern for her - so she has some serious longterm mental issues.

But my question remains: as a parent, at what point do you 'write off' your child?

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I saw the link to her facebook and wasn't impressed at the discussions on there, Iono I just dont want to read that stuff..... I left it right away, sure be angry but I think she needs to be evaluated mentally.
    Last edited by Sally888; Mon, Aug 9th, 2010 at 10:56 PM.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I hadn't realized that this was a pattern for her - so she has some serious longterm mental issues.

But my question remains: as a parent, at what point do you 'write off' your child?
    I hope no parents here has to find out that question.
    It is a tough call that is for sure!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It makes me wonder if she convinced herself that she did have cancer, iono I really really hope she gets evaluated.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Unfortunately, since she's being charged with fraud under $5K, it will be a light sentence. I know of a situation where an individual plead guilty to 18 counts of fraud & spent barely 6 months in jail.

& of course, she'll have some sort of excuse as to why she did it. It will never be her fault.

Sometimes I wonder if I would have gotten away with robbing a bank when I was on dialysis & blamed it on stress?

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

3 counts of fraud under 5k, not just one. " Kirilow, who has been charged with three counts of fraud under $5,000, will remain in police custody until the hearing resumes on Wednesday."

PLUS

anyone who donated to her and has evidence of that donation can also put forth a complaint to the police and more fraud charges can still be laid. All that means is that noone gave her over 5k in one transaction.

I would honestly rather see her have a mental evaluation and checked into an institution then sit in jail and get addicted to drugs.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We went through some very difficult times with our son..nothing at this level, of course, but he wasn't very nice in his early teens...we stuck by him. When his 'games' continued we'd had it. He left home at 15, lived on the streets...finally got a job and somewhat resurrected his life. He lost so many years...he's visiting us this week, which is why I'm not on as much....it's not warm and fuzzy...but he's family and I wouldn't wish any harm to come to him.......

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think its sad that people feel they have to play on the heart strings of others to get attention. People take advantage of good people.

Every day I follow @wordlprayr on twitter because I feel it's my one way of reaching out to people. Last night someone posted about a poor little boy I think it he was 2 that had a nail go through his heart and things were looking bad. It was so real that an urgent post went out and I RT. Momma was even there along reposting and she said she posted on here. My DH and I were saddened to think that someone might lose their little one due to an accident. (we almost lost our DD at 4) I was shocked when I woke up this morning and @worldprayr apologized for finding out that the pray request was a hoax..I thought wow look how people spring into action when someone worlds away post something...was I mad..no...relief fell over me thinking thank you God for this not being true as my heart ached as a mother. I prayed for the people who felt like the only was to get attention was to lie. Sure these people will go on with their lives but we need to pray for these empty people no one thinks when their little one grows up they'll be like this.

Ok so I've gone on..I'm not perfect and sure I would be mad but I am saddened by our world today and stories like this girl and the people posting about the baby really need prayers as hard as that is to say we have to..we live in a sad state at the moment ...You are a goup of people and I feel very blessed to belong to a great group...=) enough said

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yes, that prayer request for the boy was a hoax - when it was posted here on SC yesterday, all I did was google it, and the information was right there...
    It is sad when we can't take such requests at their face value...

Heard on news yesterday that it was the dad who turned in his daughter -

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

looks like shes been charged with theft OVER 5000 now. A real estate agency she once worked for raised 7000 for her.

I knew more charges would come out of the woodwork.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    looks like shes been charged with theft OVER 5000 now. A real estate agency she once worked for raised 7000 for her.

I knew more charges would come out of the woodwork.
    Yep. And she's still in the lockup because nobody will post bail for her. What a surprise.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    this is for me bothersome, i mostly agree with dave, and i wonder
    what ever got her to do this - hoping it's 'just' a brain imbalance.
    she is very young to be in such an awful situation.
    sorry if you disagree, but,,,something is not right here.
    if you have some spare time

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information