User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    726 (100%)

My sister and I were 3 years apart and I always found that a good age difference personally. Growing up we were close enough in age to bond and do things together but we also had our own lives and our own friends. DH and his brother have just over 1 year difference and they got along well but there was always tension because of friends, they were all essentially so close in age that they all hung around together and often got annoyed that they were together all the time with the same friends. lol

DD is 20 months and we've just started trying for number 2. Last time was super easy, we didn't even try, we just got pregnant about 3 months after we got married and stopped birth control. I can only hope it will be that easy again. lol. I'm going to be 30 in a month, so it does get harder with age.

I guess you have to look at your lifestyle and your own preferences. Personally once my kids are off to school, I would like to get a life again and go back to work. If I wait 4-5 years in between each baby, that'll never happen. lol. But I also don't want to have them to close and be run off my feet like a mad woman or not be able to focus enough on each baby's needs.

Hope you find what will work best for you.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I have two girls that are 15 months apart and most days are crazy, lol....Our 20 month old is getting a lot better with her sister and doesn't mind having her around but the worst times are when they are both crying or screaming (ugh give me earplugs, just kidding) and even though our oldest can say some words she still can't fully tell us what she wants so she gets frustrated and I feel bad b/c we can't focus on her 100% of the time. But even though some days are rough I know they will get better once they are a little older. I would say that if you believe you can handle it and are ready then hey go for it!! Financially it is more expensive (at least for us) as I didn't go back to work when my maternity leave was up as I wouldn't have been able to get enough hours in for my next maternity leave. I think it's great having kids close in age and we are considering when we want to have our third (and last ) but have decided for my sanity we should wait another year, lol....two kids under two I can handle but I'm not sure I could handle three kids under three considering one would probably be potty training and two would be in diapers

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Oh lord 3 kids under 3? I'd go mad!

If I can go back to work for my next mat leave I'll be able to handle it financially... if not - I better move to where I can stack!
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lmack30 View Post
    I have three kids. They are 6, 2 and 10 months.

My first two are 4 yrs apart and the second two are only 21 months apart. If I were to do it all over again, I would have had the first two closer together. The 4 yr age difference is causing some problems right now. My DD (6) sees her brother (2) as extremely annoying and all he wants to do is play with her

Go with your heart and decide what is right for you. Good luck and have fun trying
    Aren't little brothers always annoying though? LOL I though that was their job! Lord knows mine was (still is)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Kevin is 14, Kiera is 5. Patty Had Kevin at 33, Kiera at 42.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DH666 View Post
    Kevin is 14, Kiera is 5. Patty Had Kevin at 33, Kiera at 42.

I have nothing to add to that. LOL

Except that I am an only child and never wanted or missed having siblings.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We waited a whole 10 months.
    It happened the evening we were less than..protected.
    "Who's going to get pregnant tonight, (lol).", hubby said.
    Uh, me. I knew the next morning and told him so..

But having 2 in diapers, 2 toddlers, were some
    of the happiest years of my life!
    And yes...I was a SAHM...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Aug 28th, 2010 at 06:51 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    We waited a whole 10 months.
    It happened the evening we were less than..protected.
    "Who's going to get pregnant tonight, (lol).", hubby said.
    Uh, me. I knew the next morning and told him so..

But having 2 in diapers, 2 toddlers, were some
    of the happiest years of my life!
    And yes...I was a SAHM...

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Mine are 25 mths apart and I wish they were closer together. Best of luck in you decision.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

My sister and I are 10 years apart and we could not be closer! She took care of me when I was a kid and yes we did get it fights and I wanted to go everywhere with her and her friends etc but when I got to my teens we became close and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my son and daughter are 2 and a half years apart- they are young adults now- but they are there for each other -i didnt want 2 in diapers so i waited- my son just stated at his wedding last week in his speech- i love my sister even tho she picked on me growing up-i think my son beging the youngest always looked up to her- he still asks her for advice- just my imput - by the way my neice just had her second child 1 year apart and she said it is super hard - if she could do it over she would have waited a bit more

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My youngest has only been trained for about a year (Heaven) but other than the expense diapers aren't so bad! I say the closer the better

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

mine are exactly 18 months apart.. some days it's great, other days not so much.. like Lynn, i had two in diapers - that was a little difficult for me - two diapers to check at night, in the morning, whenever we went out somewhere, on and on... on the other hand, it's nice to have them this close because they're learning the same things together - potty training, learning to use drinking glasses and cutlery properly... ds is the younger of the two yet he is learning the same things that dd is learning at school from her bringing her work home - hmmmm.... did that make sense?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Total sense.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Our first 2 boys are 4 years apart and our 2nd and 3rd are almost 5 years apart and I wouldn't do anything different. For me I like it that it gave us a chance to bond & spend time with each son and have them out of diapers before the next one came along.(Also haveing them farther apart helps to spend more time with DH,Because,when you have them too close together you have to spend more time and energy with the kids and then you're too tired for quality time with hubby.That's the way I see it.)
    Some people believe if you have them closer together,they play better together. But out boys play great together.
    Artificial Colors & Flavours in almost all our food... You should be concerned.Everyone should watch this...
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/345273-...health-canada/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information