User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Gym Membership?

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Does anyone know what Gym is the best place to get a membership from? Is it better to do a month to month thing (is this even possible?) or do you have to sign up for a full year with memberships? I'd reallllly like to get a membership somewhere but would like to know the ins/outs of one before going somewhere and having some rep shove lies down my throat lol I mean how easy is it for someone to say "oh you HAVE to purchase a full year" when I don't know any better and assume, okay...they wouldn't lie to me right?

I wondered about the gyms that are in the Superstore and that, or also the Mademoiselle Fitness for women only. Has anyone here had any experiences with those 2 gyms? Or gyms in general?

I have stuff at home, but instead of investing in Nutrisystem like I originally had thought I might invest it in a membership and even get a personal trainer.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I have the same exact question, I was thinking about Good Life Fitness, those are the ones in the Loblaw stores around here...maybe the ones you're referring to with Superstore.
    I know that as a Loblaw employee I would have to pay $6.25/week with a 6 month commitment w/GoodLife Fitness. So I'm assuming it'll be more for a non-employee.
    Like FREE Gift Cards or PayPal?
    Join SwagBucks to win gift cards just by browsing the Internet or
    win $1 every day at Lead Prizes
    Please PM me after clicking the links above

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My DH and I have, over the course of many years, belonged to a few fitness clubs. His choice, above all, is GoodLifeFitness. He goes nearly every morning and enjoys the facilities, the cleanliness and the staff (we have a brand new one just a couple of blocks from us, so he walks there). He had a personal trainer for a week (or so, I can't remember), but said it wasn't necessary, and is very expensive. The staff are very well trained to help you out.
    I use my WiiFitPlus at home and at age 60, find it enough of a work-out. It gauges my fitness levels, works out a program for me, and keeps tabs on my weight loss...I absolutely love it and I don't have to leave home! AND it's much less expensive than a gym membership. I also enjoy all the other cuter exercise games...I WILL conquer that obstacle course one day! hah!
    HTH!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Lynn49,

I was wondering about the Wii Fit as well as an option instead of a Gym membership. I know the costs of the Wii system have gone down (I don't own one) and I have heard good reviews on the wii fit. Perhaps I will look into that as an option!

But I will also keep Goodlife in mind.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

if you have children you might consider the YMCA! ... there is lots to do there.. for you and the kids! full gym facilities... child care, pool, activities. and i beleive its cheaper than a regular gym membership would be(from what i have been told by some friends who have memberships although im not 100% positive) might be worth checking out?
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

If you volunteer at goodlife daycare part, you get a free membership :D I think it's only like one four hour shift per week too!

I currently have the employee purchase price (6$ a week), but I'm getting terminated next week...good thing I'm fixing my bike up now to bike around ottawa instead of in a gym (ew)

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i am thinking of joining as well and i was told from someone who just joined goodlife that it's $40 per month with a 1 year commitment.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

um, this may not be the "best" but i really like the ymca because you can use the workout gym, the sports gym, the pool, etc. Also they have classes which are included in your membership fee. Also, iknow you can get low income membership, we had a family pass when we were young with our low income family... I dont know... I vote ymca.

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Your local community center is a great option as well if you want to save money. There is one by my house where I took tennis lessons and they have a pretty good gym - weights, treadmill elliptical etc and there is a pool you can use, sauna too. I think when bf and I priced it out it was something like $200 cheaper a year then going to a high end gym.
    I used to be apart of the Goodlife fitness for women (the ones attached to loblaws) and it was so darn expensive...I was a student at the time and on a student plan...even after my 1 year membership they were taking $ out of my account..and it took a good 6 months to resolve.
    BF was a member of Premier Fitness and it wasn't bad...but when he didn't want to renew after a year...it was a big hassle again.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

veevee when you were with goodlife was there the option of paying CASH? i've heard a hew horror stories now about people being double debited and what not

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    veevee when you were with goodlife was there the option of paying CASH? i've heard a hew horror stories now about people being double debited and what not
    Errrm I don't remember...I don't think so bc I probably would have taken that option lol

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

hmm ... that really changes my opinion on things ...

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    hmm ... that really changes my opinion on things ...
    Look into ur local community center...the one by my place Mississauga Valley has decent prices and a good gym!
    You can pay cash and do a single visit pay, 5 card visit, 3 month membership or a year! 3 months is only 139 bucks! Maybe ur area has one like this?

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Interesting information. Right now I can't afford a gym membership with having to pay for some dental procedures and an upcoming surgery consultation, but I will keep all of these things in mind for when I decide to join one. I know my brother had a problem with premier when he tried to leave.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I signed up somewhere today and it was only $28 per month so really, you can't beat that... I mean it costs our family $28 to eat at McDonalds once. LOL... which we don't do often - i'm just saying!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information