User Tag List

Page 221 of 226 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3376
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did this earlier afternoon a light cleaning and reorganisation of my fridge for fitting the Christmas food..I found many apples honeycrisp from this fall orchard,....so now when we will be finished with Christmas desserts and cakes will have to find something to bake with them..they are still fine but we dont eat many apples...mmm any ideas of simples recepies ,maybe an apple crisp....
    harbie, SassyAshley and dededi like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Although Christmas might be postponed this year due to the storm, I did all the baking today.

I will admit I totally scaled back this year, I decided on 1 plated dessert and 3 cookies, then I dropped one of the cookies when I got no baking done yesterday.

Today I made:
    Ooey Gooey Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
    Almond Sprinkle Cookies
    Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
    harbie, Silk, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This morning I could not think of something for Breakfast and thought, oh I wish we had some muffins or something I could have. I remembered I had some blueberries in the fridge I needed to use up so whipped up a batch of Sour Cream Blueberries Muffins.
    Silk and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

They are baking right now! Oversized strawberry/blueberry muffins with an oatmeal/buttery brown sugar/cinnamon topping.

Name:  strawberry blueberry muffins with crunchy topping.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  91.9 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Jan 19th, 2023 at 11:19 AM.
    harbie, Silk and cath007 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I've been enjoying some store-bought oatmeal cookies for the past couple of months but because I'm gluten sensitive, I have to limit how much/often I can indulge. I also have about 4kg of oats in my stockpile (quick, steel-cut, and old-fashioned) and just got tired of eating oatmeal almost everyday. So decided to make GF oatmeal cookies on the weekend. I mixed by hand instead of by mixer as per the recipe but was too lazy to roll them into balls so used a mini scoop instead then flattened slightly. Ended up with 3 dozen in varying shapes and sizes! lol Made about half the batter plain and added Craisins and walnuts to the other half. Yum.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Made 2 chocolate chip banana breads this morning. I have enough ripe bananas to make another batch so maybe tomorrow I’ll do that or may make them into muffins.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I've been "baking" no-bake cookies (with nut butters)

First recipe I tried was delish - but the given nutrition for 1 cookie is Calories: 211 Sugar: 8g Fat: 14g Carbohydrates: 16g

I didn't make the full recipe since I was testing it out but the poster's cookies are twice the size I make. They were delish but too high in calories, fat etc for my liking for a smallish cookie. Tried another recipe that wasn't as tasty. So working on tweaking the recipes to come up with one that is yummy but more figure-friendly.
    Last edited by Silk; Thu, Mar 23rd, 2023 at 06:16 PM.
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My first blueberry pie, with pre-made crust from Walmart. Delicious. Putting those salvaged cans of pie filling to good use.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I haven't done it yet but I really want to try making a yummy cast iron pan of Focaccia before we host the Easter dinner shorty.
    Thinking of having one loaf on the buffet table where the appy's and before dinner fare is put out. If I make a test run today maybe I'll feel more relaxed
    when doing it the next time? So many recipes on line! I don't have cherry tomatoes, BUT I have open jars of sun dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers!
    Lots of fresh Parmesan, but no fresh rosemary. I DO have olives though! I'll re-post if I do this today....lol
    Silk, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Hadn't made bread in a while until yesterday: a slow-rise (only used 3 gm of yeast), crusty hearth-style loaf with my go-to mix of 80% AP and 20% WW by weight; 30% kutia, a Ukrainian dish with barley, raisins, poppy seeds and honey; and 70% hydration.
    Silk, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I haven't done it yet but I really want to try making a yummy cast iron pan of Focaccia before we host the Easter dinner shorty.
    Thinking of having one loaf on the buffet table where the appy's and before dinner fare is put out. If I make a test run today maybe I'll feel more relaxed
    when doing it the next time? So many recipes on line! I don't have cherry tomatoes, BUT I have open jars of sun dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers!
    Lots of fresh Parmesan, but no fresh rosemary. I DO have olives though! I'll re-post if I do this today....lol
    I did it! First time I ever made this bread. I would say it is a GO for having on the side table at Easter. Mmmm

A shot of it before and after cooking

Name:  Focaccia Olive bread.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  crusty bottom of focaccia Olive bread.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  62.0 KB
    Silk, Purdee and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Made something called Cranberry Rhubarb Killer Apple Cake. Typed out on a sheet of paper, I found it tucked inside a book today.
    My sister gave me this saying her friend was a fabulous cook, but I had never tried making it. Had no rhubarb or any fresh or frozen cranberries
    and no longer owned any large Bundt pans so modifications were made.
    The end result was amazing.
    Replaced the rhubarb with sliced over ripe frozen bananas, and used leftover frozen cranberry sauce that I made at Thanksgiving for the berries.
    I had apples! hooray...,tossed in chopped pecans because I love a crunch. Baked it in my cast iron Dutch oven pot......for the sauce that gets drizzled over
    I used Grand Marnier for the flavouring.
    Mmmm, so satisfying.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

this is all @alex78 's fault! ha ha I gave a shout out in another thread to him for suggesting another " crunch " option for my salads. I've been making julienne strips of parsnips and deep frying them, which was a better choice ( carb wise ) than croutons. However, after reading about these Papadums, I decided to give it a go since I had plenty of chickpea flour on hand. There are 12 in the low oven ( 170 degrees ) atm, says they need to stay in there for 2 hours!
    Then I will vacuum seal them in my Foodsaver canister until I decide to fry one up. Apparently they puff, blister and crisp up beautifully in hot oil! I will use these just as sparingly
    in my salad like the parsnip crisps.

Name:  papadums.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  87.5 KB
    Silk likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Tomato soup muffins! ( yep, you read that right! ) Had enough batter to fill a small loaf pan as well.
    I'll be icing them with a homemade cream cheese icing.

Name:  tomato soup muffins.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  68.9 KB

Page 221 of 226 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 ... LastLast

Thread Information