User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: I try so hard ...and thiefs benefit :(

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

So I have some nice stuff but I have worked to get everything I have. Saving money here and there , cutting back on this and that. So I can buy some things I really want. Nobody has handed me anything.(which is fine LOL)

Well one of the items was a bike I really wanted...several 100 ...which meant saving as I didn't have $300ish laying around. I saved I eventually bought my bike and was pleased as punch for the next 2-3 years.

I LIKED my bike. Yes LIKED past tense as someone found the need to enter my FENCED back yard and take my bike and my roomies bike now I had my bike locked up with cable locks going through the tires and around the frame....then with another cable lock had it hooked to the frame of my Central Air Conditioner. I thought it was safe ....

I don't feel angry but rather sad and defeated...I liked my bike....
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Jezebel; Wed, Jul 11th, 2012 at 05:26 PM.
    Natalka, SFARAZ, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sorry to read about losing your bike Jezebel, darn, so sad. Guess maybe if you replace your bike, might have to keep it inside, our DS has also lost so many bikes, gave up replacing them. Painful to clutter up the house with a bike, but darn it what can you do. Take care.
    walkonby likes this.

Coupon Guru in Training couponer2's Avatar
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Oh Jezebel how awful,and you took such care with locking it up. That's wrong just wrong
    CHECK OUT MY TRADE/WISH LINK

Couponer2's Trade and Wish List*

CLICK ABOVE​* LINE*FOR DIRECT ACCESS TO MY TRADE LIST

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

so sorry well teenagers decided -to go thru hubbys car before school was out took his gps and 2 pairs of sunglasses and loose change

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, so sorry that happened! Make sure you report it to your local police, it's worth doing.
    janetta, flyingdutch and couponer2 like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Oh, I;m so sorry that happened to you. It's like an invasion of your privacy when that type of thing happens. Report it to the police, you never know, it may turn up.
    sharkie and PurpleBunny89 like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My family had an 18ft canoe for a very long time. I think it might have even been a wedding present to my parents.

We kept it in our fenced (6ft high) backyard. It was up on two T-Bars, probably 6ft in the air, and tied down.

My mom glanced out the kitchen window one morning and asked me where the canoe was. Someone had stolen it from our backyard. And it was a heavy thing, would have taken at least 3 people to get it.

Sadly people have even stolen little solar slights I had given my mom as gifts from our backyard (the pretty ones that change colour). They didn't even take them out of the ground, just snapped the poles and took the top parts.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hope you get your bike back. If you have an used bike shops around, you might want to check there to see if someone sold it.
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Normally, bikes are taken by punks when they are left unlocked, your bike theft was obviously premeditated since they were locked up. There are some scummy people around, that's for sure. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

That bites! It's a shame that you had to work for that item and someone felt they could just take it. Sorry about that.
    sharkie likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

After the police report, I'd tell my neighbours... then check Craigslist & Kijiji ads.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so sorry that happened to you. just recently i had a friend ( more like someone i thought was a friend). I was watching her little girl for her while she went to school. well than one day she " borrowed" some of my daughters things, when i asked about getting my things back and getting paid , she kept on making exscuses as to why she was not able to bring them back. And these were exscuses that were clearly not true. For example one day, i asked if she wanted to get together for a playdate, and yes she was available, I asked if she could bring me my stuff , and pay me. Well all the sudden she "remembers" she already has plans. So this happened for a month.

Than one day I just decided I had , had enough. Obviously she had no plans on giving my stuff back, let alone pay me, so i told her i didnt want to have anything to do with her. Then she turns around and tells me im this , that, and the other thing. Its very upsetting when people think they have a right to steal your stuff. its even more upsetting knowing her daughter is going to grow up thinking it is ok to lie, and steal.

I certainly hope you are able to get your stuff back. its very sadenning to see what the world is coming to , when people think its ok , to take things that dont belong to them.
    Last edited by jessep13; Sat, Jul 7th, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
    SFARAZ, coupongirl99 and Ammu like this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

It's a sad state in the world. In Hamilton an up and coming Jr. indoor cyclist had two bikes (valued at $10,000 & $8000) stolen from out of his front hall. Thieves broke in and stole them. Luckily one was found at a pawn shop so he got it back. The pawn shop owner knew it was an expensive bike and probably stolen since the guy who pawned it took $400 for it. He took the $400 hit so the kid could get his bike back, and he gave all the information to the police so hopefully they catch the SOB.

I hope you somehow get your bike back. I had a bike stolen when I was in universtiy, so I know how much is sucks.
    Ammu likes this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Thank You for all your comments, reps....I have a 5 1/2 ft fence so who ever decided they needed my bike would of had to been planning it as it was locked up with cable locks from Costco and to an outside A/C unit.

They carefully moved my patio chairs...moved my motion light sensor so it would stay off and then either they clipped one cable and carried it out I am not sure as they also did not leave the cables behind and the back gate was closed...

We (roomie) walked around a few blocks around my house and the lane but did not find the locks /cables or bikes....I have reported them stolen as I happened to have a recent photo of my bike as I was taking a picture of something and my bike is in the background and I have the serial number...

I don't know which bothers me more ...someone creeping my yard or someone stealing my bike
    matrix82, sharkie and Ammu like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information