User Tag List

Page 1388 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 388 888 1288 1338 1378 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1398 1438 1488 ... LastLast
Results 20,806 to 20,820 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ oh!! @padyofurniture it must be a dream having a new sewing machine, so much has changed! The last machine update I got was wonderful but I would sure love a " self threading " feature like Lynn's new machine has....all that time I spend squinting and aiming at the needle and missing! @Natalka I am out and about for sure, but that leg pain is now a little duller ( if that makes sense)
    It was just awful when I woke up today but as the day went on and I did all my stretching " homework " things improved more.

Just finished my huge dinner! ugh, should have passed on the homemade cupcake taste test, but i wanted to see if these Angel Food cupcakes were worth making. I MUST say wow! They are sweet! I used 1/2 jar of unsweetened applesauce instead of pineapple and mixed the box up as per Lynn's recipe. Talk about an easy thing to make and mine are actually less than 1 Smart point each.

However....I can see this opening the door ( or in my case the floodgates ) to more sweet cravings for me so I will leave them out for the family to nosh on. I had 3 of them in a split second! Good thing I still have not used all my daily points up....lol.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, the automatic threader is really great. I had to replace a jean zipper last week (had to watch a Youtube video to see how it was done lol) and I know the old machine would have laughed at me.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    YOU must get getting old? You should have seen Hubby and I a while ago: I was doing some hand-stitching on the satin binding on my top, and he was laying out puzzle pieces and the 'easy listening' channel was playing on the tv!!!
    Could there BE a more Normal Rockwellian moment??!!!
    Now I feel old!!
    LOL - I can just picture it. Reminds me of my grandparents, knitting & doing puzzles. Really, too funny.

Hey, that self threading machine sounds neet. I have so much trouble with that, it's a good thing I don't sew much.
    Last edited by 22hicks; Wed, Jan 13th, 2016 at 07:19 PM.
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

On Facebook: So many people posting things like which super hero do you resemble and it says the hulk. But their profile pic is like John cena not themselves. You realize it's actually saying John cena is the hulk right?, not you lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  daily_picdump_2012_640_33.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  55.9 KB

I wonder if these were the cupcakes walkonby made. I guess they're just a gateway cupcake to worse things.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    Name:  daily_picdump_2012_640_33.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  55.9 KB

I wonder if these were the cupcakes walkonby made. I guess they're just a gateway cupcake to worse things.
    Hey, Padyo! Congrats on your new machine, too!! I got tired yelling at mine and almost bursting into tears every time it snagged up...and it's been tuned up quite a few times. Oh, isn't it wonderful...it's like sewing over butter!!

I have to say I absolutely LOVE your expression: "gateway cupcakes"!!! How awesome an expression! And it absolutely describes why I stay completely away from sweets when I'm on this diet...sorry...way of eating...! I buy those little packages of 100 calorie snacks and they're fine with a cuppa tea about now, and there's no pan of wonderfulness sitting on the counter calling me over!

Walks, I'm glad you enjoyed them...they really are diet food! Unless you're like me and keep sneaking one all day. One day I'll try that recipe...it's on the WW site, that's where I gave the gals the other recipes.

22Hicks...like your grandparents??!! I WEEP at your comparison! {{{sniff, snork!}}} I'm not old...maybe he is, but not me! You should see the totally fashionable top I sewed for myself! Hah!! Old indeed......was it the Norman Rockwellian reference that did it for you? Probably my fault....strike that. You never heard it from me.

Okay! Good night everyone! Sweet dreams!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!

We are in Lake-effect-snow" Sarnia overnight so I can get to an early Dr. Appointment tomorrow morning.

This is our doggy' s first night in a hotel. He's being very good. It's FREEZING outside and he was willing to pee but anything else? Well, it just doesn't SMELL like the right place, Don't you know!!!

DH will stay here at the hotel while I go to my appointment and then we have to zip across the border to mail step-daughter's birthday gift. She, like I, was supposed to be born on Christmas Day, but I held on for 3 weeks - she made her mother wait for an extra month!

Our house showing today had no positive results. On to the open house on Saturday.

I am so jealous of these new sewing machines. In my first marriage, as a response to my husband's third "absolutely needed" update of his "State-of-the-Art" stereo system, I bought myself a "Top-of-the-line" sewing machine.

I used it a lot but it's been sitting unused for probably 20 years. I went to a "Sewing" Show in Florida 10 years ago and did not understand how any of the computerized machines might work.
    It was then I knew that my old machine probably wouldn't make it back to health. Maybe I could give it a "tune-up" though.

Bye for now!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks!

We are in Lake-effect-snow" Sarnia overnight so I can get to an early Dr. Appointment tomorrow morning.

This is our doggy' s first night in a hotel. He's being very good. It's FREEZING outside and he was willing to pee but anything else? Well, it just doesn't SMELL like the right place, Don't you know!!!

DH will stay here at the hotel while I go to my appointment and then we have to zip across the border to mail step-daughter's birthday gift. She, like I, was supposed to be born on Christmas Day, but I held on for 3 weeks - she made her mother wait for an extra month!

Our house showing today had no positive results. On to the open house on Saturday.

I am so jealous of these new sewing machines. In my first marriage, as a response to my husband's third "absolutely needed" update of his "State-of-the-Art" stereo system, I bought myself a "Top-of-the-line" sewing machine.

I used it a lot but it's been sitting unused for probably 20 years. I went to a "Sewing" Show in Florida 10 years ago and did not understand how any of the computerized machines might work.
    It was then I knew that my old machine probably wouldn't make it back to health. Maybe I could give it a "tune-up" though.

Bye for now!

Stay warm Avon. Hope your app't g\\\\\o\\es <<<(my cat typing) goes well tomorrow!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, hope all goes well tomorrow, too.

I was supposed to be a Christmas baby, too - but held on for a month and two days!

I'm so jealous of you sewers! (make sure you pronounce that word correctly!)

I was never a big sewer, but could do basics. I had a lovely basic Singer that I bought at a yard sale in the early '90s - it was so nice because it had a cabinet and stool. However, when we moved two years ago, it had to be given away - so said my husband, because there was no room here. I miss it a lot!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning everyone...the weekend is within sight!
    Have a great day, and stay warm.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  thursday_032.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  11.2 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.
    I hope you have a terrific day; mines busy till later this afternoon.

@avoncallingu - I hope your appt. goes well

@MortgageQueen - I love your "cat typing" lol

@Lynn49 - no worries, you're not old, just 'experienced', just like me

All you sewers ( @Natalka - perfect; pronounce it correctly ) I've had my old Singer since the late 60's
    Obviously, I don't sew much, but couldn't imagine all these new-fangled machines.

Name:  11224169_843789462399041_5002706768917984945_n.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  31.1 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Today is the 14th anniversary of my mother's death. I miss her every day.
    I wish I had pictures of her on my computer.
    I know you know, but I'm thinking of you Mom. I love you.

Attachment 303160

Thread Information