User Tag List

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1072Likes

Thread: Shopper's plays their dirty games again

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    To me this is just plain wrong....they pulled a fst one on me about 7 months ago and too a ton of my points away....it was during the spend $75 and get 18 500 points event...I did 5 transactions which were more than $75 before coupons and was awarded the points, and 2 weeks later that took them all away saying I did not spend $75 each transaction so I should not get the points...I took several days to get my points back....the said that the machine takes away the points automatically
    Shoppers is ridiculous.How can a machine take away points automatically.The people who program the machine took away the points.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I went to SDM this morning to buy some things and went to pay and use my opitmum card and they told me it was suspended...I asked why and the cashier said I have to talk to head office....so they called head office for me while I was in the store....they said it was because the other day i bought 17 nivea soft soap and used coupons, which maid them free...I got the bonus points of 150 for each one...Now keep in mind that I never got in on the cadbury deal or the huggies wipe deal...That being said head office told me that getting bonus points for free items is abuse of my card....for 17 nivea...they did reinstate my card but told me that they will not allow that anymore....I was so angry and I could not believe it....I am at the point where I do not even want to shop there anymore.....
    So if you had paid with your CC or cash , its ok ? ..WTH ?

They get paid and reimbursed for each and every cpn used , so not sure what the problem is .

Also if they had no BP on them , but if you had used 17 cpns ..its ok ??
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    So if you had paid with your CC or cash , its ok ? ..WTH ?

They get paid and reimbursed for each and every cpn used , so not sure what the problem is .

Also if they had no BP on them , but if you had used 17 cpns ..its ok ??
    the way they made it sound was if there were no bonus points it would be ok..
    ..yet they were not happy about free stuff..go figure that one out...I still had to pay taxes on it...I thinking of starting a national burn your Optimum Card Day...anyone interested?
    Jezebel, teverett and Anna Michele like this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Shoppers is ridiculous.How can a machine take away points automatically.The people who program the machine took away the points.
    That's because you're a person of interest
    sharkie likes this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Well I'm planning to hit a store I go to tonight. They start bonus promos and redemptions on Fridays. If my card is suspended I will be on the phone fast as a bleep bleep bleep! I will be HOT TO TROT. Its their OWN faults that they put promo's out there. People are going to buy stuff when there is BP attached and its a great deal..common sense on our part. Apparently NOT common sense on their parts. So we'll see what happens.
    I was able to log into my account before I went to SDM and found out it was suspended...I did not know until I went to use my card....I am just so angry at them.....They should be making it clear before hand that they are limiting things....they wait until after we spend our money and they decide we got to good a deal and then they take the points away....that is not fair...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I have no problem with limits! If they limit me that's perfectly fine and I have no problem with it. What I have the problem with is them canceling stuff in the middle of a promo because they aren't as smart as we are. Its NOT OK to take away our points, suspend our cards, and make us feel like criminals because THEY FAILED to put limits on items, BP promo's, etc. We're frugal and are going to try and find the best deals on things. And if they aren't imposing limits then of course A LOT of people will be trying to get as many as possible. But its THEIR fault. NOT ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Well, call me the odd man out, but I hope that Shoppers starts putting limits on quantities that people may purchase. I am frustrated by the lack of consideration for other people who just want to buy a few items and find shelves cleared. If ten people buy 15 Niveas at a time, where does this leave the rest of us who just want a few?

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyRobertson View Post
    I have no problem with limits! If they limit me that's perfectly fine and I have no problem with it. What I have the problem with is them canceling stuff in the middle of a promo because they aren't as smart as we are. Its NOT OK to take away our points, suspend our cards, and make us feel like criminals because THEY FAILED to put limits on items, BP promo's, etc. We're frugal and are going to try and find the best deals on things. And if they aren't imposing limits then of course A LOT of people will be trying to get as many as possible. But its THEIR fault. NOT ours.

well said
    Silk and Anna Michele like this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyRobertson View Post
    I agree..to a degree...Yes they shouldn't take points away that were already given and shouldn't suspend someones account unless they have a REALLY GOOD REASON..but at the same time i'm worried that the more people take advantage of promos, then they will become less and less. And thats not fair to the average person that just wants to buy a few. If everyone would just buy reasonable amounts then everyone can enjoy a the deal and the promos won't get changed mid way through, peoples accounts won't be jeopardized and its a win win for everyone. I do understand that this is just wishful thinking...
    filza, strew, lecale and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of my SDM's has been out of Huggie wipes all week. We went in and asked for a raincheck and asked if there isn't bonus points on the sale tag then there isn't any on that product. That being said I bought 2 boxes of Huggie diapers that had a 2500 pt bonus on them in 2 seperate transactions and it was never added on either of them. I had to go back and grab the sale tag and show the cashier for her to manually add them on to my card. So watch your receipts cause the registers seem to be conveniently not adding on points.
    sharkie likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    100 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavinQueen View Post
    One of my SDM's has been out of Huggie wipes all week. We went in and asked for a raincheck and asked if there isn't bonus points on the sale tag then there isn't any on that product. That being said I bought 2 boxes of Huggie diapers that had a 2500 pt bonus on them in 2 seperate transactions and it was never added on either of them. I had to go back and grab the sale tag and show the cashier for her to manually add them on to my card. So watch your receipts cause the registers seem to be conveniently not adding on points.
    I believe as of Wednesday they were to be added at a later date.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

One persons reasonableness is not how you measure a promotion. The company flat out has got caught with their pants down. I hear a Class Action law suit. Suck it up Shoppers and learn from your mistakes as every other airmiles company has Not to do it again.

Give people the points they are entitled to and move on.. Change your promo and your coupon policy whatever you want but be up front about it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    I agree..to a degree...Yes they shouldn't take points away that were already given and shouldn't suspend someones account unless they have a REALLY GOOD REASON..but at the same time i'm worried that the more people take advantage of promos, then they will become less and less. And thats not fair to the average person that justwants to buy a few. If everyone would just buy reasonable amounts then everyone can enjoy a the deal and the promos won't get changed mid way through, peoples accounts won't be jeopardized and its a win win for everyone. I do understand that this is just wishful thinking...

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavinQueen View Post
    From their site on the offer:

Effective Tuesday, October 23, there is a limit of one 2,500 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points offer per customer with the purchase of any one (1) participating package of Huggies newborn, Size 1 and Size 2 diapers or Huggies baby wipes until the end of the promotional period, Friday, November 2, 2012 (while quantities last). Points will be awarded to the customers’ account by Friday, November 9, 2012.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

And yet another boo hiss for the games Shoppers plays.

And trust me I did my battle with their legal team once, so I know all too well.
    Silk, AshleyRobertson and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by debragirl31 View Post
    ... Change your promo and your coupon policy ...
    Careful what you wish for
    filza, Jezebel, DianneS and 3 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Fri, Oct 26th, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information