User Tag List

Page 171 of 226 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What?! I weigh the same as when I left!!! Something's wrong here...maybe I have a happy scale like Walks has! And my feet and ankles are still swollen....!! I'll be anxious to see what I weigh when I get rid of this water I'm retaining....why don't guys have to go through this??!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

2 crockpots going today one with Serbian soup and the other with a curry. Smells good but weird in the house

Sounds like you had a great week Lynn, too bad about your inflammation.

I paid the price for all my outdoor work this week too as my left knee is swollen . Hopefully will be better tomorrow.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Welcome back Lynn, sounds like you had a blast!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh yes!! Welcome back Lynn!! I love that you were able to enjoy and cheat on your trip and still be ok upon return, maybe that metabolism is not so sluggish after you whipped it into shape before you left! Your trip sounded like such a blast! For sure the water you now will start drinking will get rid of that inflammation. It works every time!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Welcome back Lynn!!! Great job on the maintaining. All those miles paid off.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I went bridesmaid dress shopping for our friend's Halloween wedding. I had not met some of the bridesmaids before. As it turns out, I am the skinniest/healthiest out of the 5 bridesmaids. The MOH kept referring to me as barbie because I was the one trying on the gowns. Most of the size 14 gowns fit me very well. It was a fairly positive and uplifting experience in regards to my body image. The other women would not have fit the dress samples at the stores.

Recap: I have lost 13 lbs in a little over a year. I am 5'10" tall and I am currently about 10lbs above my "healthy weight range" according to BMI charts. We have our 19 month old son, who I am almost done weaning.

edit: Here's a link to the dress that the bride really liked. We are each going to be in a different colour: grape, berry, claret (I think this might be mine...I'm the most fair skinned out of the women in the bridal party), cherry (MOH), and burnt orange.
    http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collecti...desmaids/7262L
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Apr 14th, 2014 at 05:11 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Aw, thanks, everyone...it really was a blast...a blur, but a blast!

Well, I've been taking in water, but the swelling sure is taking its time to retreat...it's slightly improved, but not where it was before I left. Which was no swelling at all. Walks, I guess you're right about the fatty foods, wine, and really, I wasn't taking in much water during the day since we were just so busy. I'm trying harder now....I'm not looking for a sympathy vote here, but I'm also only sleeping a half-hour to an hour at a time during the night because of my choking due to either asthma (I'm on a new puffer), or my acid reflux (taking Nexium), like right now, I'm coughing, sneezing and my eyes are tearing down my cheeks....not a pretty sight, esp in public!!! I took a sleeping pill...I hope I can sleep more tonight, but right now, I'm not even going to attempt to do that....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    sorry basement scale, but my new bff is the one upstairs as it tells me I am a full 2 pounds lighter than you said I was!! Happy Caturday everyone!!

Yes. Absolutely the basement scale is incorrect.
    Very observant of you, Walks.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I put on my freshly washed pair of blue jeans and headed to my 1hr meeting. I thought that I'd be fine without my belt. This is how I realized that they don't fit as good as they did when I bought them brand new less than a year ago. The belt has become more of a requirement now. Not complaining. It was interesting to finally find a clothing item that is noticeably loose because of my weight loss.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Congrats on that Angela! Puts a little wiggle in your walk when only you know the secret that without that belt there would be " pants on the ground! " lol

babies teach us acceptance

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Hi! I hope everyone had a good week

Doing my weekly weigh in now since tomorrow is Good Friday so I may not be around on sc

My weight is currently exactly the same as last week so no weight loss... I lost 3.5lbs last week but when I weighed myself on Saturday (I weigh myself everyday) my weight went back up 1.5lbs :O So it look me all week to drop that 1.5lbs again. So I am just glad I am back down to what I was last Friday.

I also was not going out for walks because of the rain and snow so that probably didn't help either. So yesterday I decided to use the treadmill (which has been collecting dust for the past year) and did 30 mins there and then walked to and from the school after school instead of driving (2 km walk). I plan on walking to and from the school in the morning and afternoon today so that will be 4 km total. I also plan on starting some core strength training and possibly some yoga too.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter I have 2 family dinners (in-laws coming tomorrow and then my Mom's on Sunday) so hopefully I can stick with my food plan. I have no idea what my Mom is making and she's not big on vegetables (unless they are covered in some kind of cheese sauce). If I can keep up with exercise over the wknd that should help too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I wore that pair of jeans when dh, LO, and I went to Salvation Army and then out for supper last night. I was able to get three shirts for $2 each because it is their 100yr anniversary in our community this week. Anyway, I wore that "lose" pair of jeans with a belt. Dh kept saying how they were more loose in the leg than what I needed...I have to have pants a little loose in the leg because of leg pain from my old DVT. He also said that this pair of jeans is really loose in the butt. I guess it is pretty noticeable to him. I am hoping to pick up some more new-to-me jeans next month at Value Village in Saskatoon, when I have to go up for some training.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    Hi! I hope everyone had a good week

Doing my weekly weigh in now since tomorrow is Good Friday so I may not be around on sc

My weight is currently exactly the same as last week so no weight loss... I lost 3.5lbs last week but when I weighed myself on Saturday (I weigh myself everyday) my weight went back up 1.5lbs :O So it look me all week to drop that 1.5lbs again. So I am just glad I am back down to what I was last Friday.

I also was not going out for walks because of the rain and snow so that probably didn't help either. So yesterday I decided to use the treadmill (which has been collecting dust for the past year) and did 30 mins there and then walked to and from the school after school instead of driving (2 km walk). I plan on walking to and from the school in the morning and afternoon today so that will be 4 km total. I also plan on starting some core strength training and possibly some yoga too.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter I have 2 family dinners (in-laws coming tomorrow and then my Mom's on Sunday) so hopefully I can stick with my food plan. I have no idea what my Mom is making and she's not big on vegetables (unless they are covered in some kind of cheese sauce). If I can keep up with exercise over the wknd that should help too.
    Bobbiegirl, weighing every day can really give false - and + numbers, because so much depends on how much salt you may have had the day before, time of the month, etc...I hope you don't "beat yourself up" whenever you notice those fluctuations day to day; it's the overall loss in the week that counts (and even then the same circumstances may come into play)...Like we keep saying on here...it's not the skirmishes we encounter, it's the outcome of the war that counts..

Good for you for walking!! Until we went on a cruise to many ports that resulted in lots of walking and sightseeing, I never thought walking made much of a difference. However, I must be the only person in history that went on a 12-day cruise and LOST weight!~lol! I had to borrow one of my hubby's belts to hold my jeans up for the flight home!!
    Keep up the great work, Hon!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Page 171 of 226 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 ... LastLast

Thread Information