User Tag List

Page 40 of 226 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Plus I still have to reorganize my stockpile too....wanna help holly? Lynn? sheets?

hollyquaiscer likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

- 1. Still up 3 Ibs from the start though.
    Lynn49, hollyquaiscer and walkonby like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My scale is still MIA (it is somewhere in my house, which right now looks like it should be on an episode of hoarders)

But I have been trying to get more fruits and veggies in the diet and have switched out most snack foods for other foods (cracker chips, cold cereal no milk) although it was just mentioned to me that we have no chips in the house.

As for working out this week the health walker is still barried (again I am living in an episode of hoarders) but Dad was out of town so I spend a ton of time going back and forth to the house and hauling boxes around. I did two trips to the house to off load and reload 30 sample boxes. Building products are heavy. Mix this with the major snow fall this week and having to shovel out I am officially sore and can also say I did work out this week.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Plus I still have to reorganize my stockpile too....wanna help holly? Lynn? sheets?

OK, lets try it in alphabetical order, or is it reds first then whites....oh maybe we should do it from fullest on the bottom and then fewest glasses on top. Heck, we don't need the ones with the least amount at all....where the hell did I put my wineglass...Lynn????? Here WOB, this is how my stockpile looks, and I noticed, it's getting a bit low so time to restock
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Sun, Feb 10th, 2013 at 09:35 AM.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ dang it holly! I am in Google Chrome, as Firefox and IE would not open, so none of the pics are showing. I'll check it out later if they open up.
    So fellow weight loss buddies, I saved Jane Fonda! She was suffocating for almost 3 years now, her new Walk It Out dvd workouts have been sitting wrapped in cellophane all this time, and I was feeling guilty watching her turn blue, so I unwrapped the first one and she gasped at first, then led me through a pretty good routine.

Remember, this is low impact, and also for someone about 15-20 years older than me, but the sitting around since Xmas here has put me in that category!! I really felt silly at first, like phfft! what is this gonna do? Then I actually started warming up, and I did break a sweat! It was the beginner one, so tomorrow I am going to try level 2!!
    Baby steps for me in the working out because I do not want to stress my knees or pull anything.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Sorry ladies I didn't weigh in yesterday, my weight watchers scale is on the fritz!!! Used my daughters and I am up 1.5 according to hers. Oh this has been a slow going process for me. Well it is a new week and onward and upward. good luck this week everyone!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thriftygranny, you are up 1.5? I'd say you're DD's scale has a ounce of forgiveness in it. Good luck this week!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    OK, lets try it in alphabetical order, or is it reds first then whites....oh maybe we should do it from fullest on the bottom and then fewest glasses on top. Heck, we don't need the ones with the least amount at all....where the hell did I put my wineglass...Lynn????? Here WOB, this is how my stockpile looks, and I noticed, it's getting a bit low so time to restock
    Lol!!! Sooooo just when shall we expect our invitations to organize Walks' stockpile!? If it looks anything like that, I'm in!
    I treated myself to a liqueur glass of Lemoncello yesterday...I had totally forgotten that my hubby picked one up for me before Christmas!

Walks, good on you for exercizing! I do none. Absolutely none. Now, however, sice it's now so balmy out again, Jenny and I will be goig on our walks again. To be honest, I never really thought walking would make much difference re losing weight, but after walking on our excursions on our cruise itinerary, and traipsing all oner Rome, I had to borrow one of my hubby's belts for my jeans for our flight home! That's the honest truth! So now I know for certain how much walking can contribute to weight loss, and look forward to walking with Jenny!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Okay. Some of you are struggling...for whatever reason, sometimes it's good just to change it up a bit.
    So I thought I'd post my diet plan from Dr Ian Smith (I lost 6lbs my first week on it) in case anyone wants to take a peek at it.
    I compared it to the Herbal Magic diet our DD has been on, and besides losing tons of $ on it and going from a size 10-12 to a 4-6, it's just about the SAME! They give her various pills to take, but I just take one kind: CLA, 1000mg, 2 per meal (6 per day)

So...here it is:

9am: Meal 1 (a bowl of oatmeal, either the single packet, plain, with about a tbsp of Splenda brown sugar; a glass of orange juice...8 oz or anything that's around 350calories)

10:30am Snack: of 100 cal (either an apple, or a Special K fruit crisp pkg)

11:30am Meal 2, Lunch: usually a protein shake (1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1C skim milk, all whirred in a blender. If I didn't get in my morning snack, I slip in 1/2 banana or a 1/2C of frozen strawberries or mangos) This is usually my lunch meal, so I'll have a sandwich (2 slices diet bread with 2 slices process cheese for a grilled cheese using only a spray of oil in the pan, or 2 slices lean deli meat with sliced tomato, lettuce...Or I'll make up tuna or egg salad, and, watching the calories, I have that in my sandwiches, also) Or a whole can of lite Healthy Choice type soup.

1:30 Snack 2: anything 150cal (leftover 1/2 banana, or packet of anything 100 calories, etc)

2:30 Meal 3: another smoothie, perhaps protein or fruit with juice

5:30 Meal 4: this is our dinner meal....small serving of meat, 6oz, (fish, chicken, pork or beef occasionally), side of 2 veggies, or 1/2 baked potato with salsa...whatever ends up to be about 350-400 calories

8:30 Snack: apple or any 100 cal snack

NOW. I don't usually get in 4 meals. I normally do breakfast, lunch and dinner. I can't eat salads, but for those of you who can, it's a nice lunch, just watch your calories from dressing: use balsamic vinegar instead.

I attempt to drink 8 (8oz) glasses of water each day, but usually fail to get it all in.

I'm allowed either 3 (6oz) glasses of wine or 3 lite beer each week.

So...there it is in a nutshell. If anyone has any questions, please ask, I'm more than willing to share whatever you'd like to know about this diet without you having to purchase this book.

And no....you sure don't go hungry on THIS diet!

Oh: no pasta, I limit my bread to 2-3 slices of diet bread per day, no processed foods (too much salt), if you have to have rice, 1/2C once daily (I never do).....I think that's it.....Oh...unlimited mustard, spices, limited ketchup (I don't use it)...etc...

Hope that helps someone!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ketchup is a food group, that is all

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good evening everyone! Lynn thanks for the snapshot of what you eat in a day (roughly), that can really help others to get a clearer picture of maybe where they can mix and match their eating plans up. I have been super good so far! Started my day with another 6:00 a.m. date with Jane and this time I did 2 workouts, Level 2 of the Walking one, and Level 1 of the Fit & Strong.
    She was 72 when she made these dvd's, not sure how old she is now, but what a woman! Well a bionic woman, with her titanium and ceramic right hip and left knee! Oh I envy her new knee! I just cannot force myself to risk the side lunges she does in one part, I march briskly while she does them.lol

I am not weighing myself till Friday, not gonna do it! I know i have been honest and have worked out to boot, so I expect to lose some of that " FAIL " of gained and previously lost weight.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Made whole wheat vegan pancakes, will post a pic. later it's not on my laptop.

3 cups whole wheat flour and 3 cups almond milk
    3 very ripe bananas
    teaspoon vanilla
    3 teaspoons baking powder
    mix it all well in a bowl, let it stand for 5 minutes so the baking powder activates then cook on a no stick grill or pan
    makes 16 x 6 inch pancakes

Last edited by Patty Smyth; Mon, Feb 11th, 2013 at 09:30 PM.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Hmmm, seems quite a few people have fallen off the wagon, not to many posts at weigh in this past week. Dieting is a really hard thing, but you guy's all owe it to yourselves. You're all wonderful, fun loving people with huge hearts that deserve the world. Keep at it,just remember it's for you and you DESERVE it!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

You go girl.... sounds like you are in the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Good evening everyone! Lynn thanks for the snapshot of what you eat in a day (roughly), that can really help others to get a clearer picture of maybe where they can mix and match their eating plans up. I have been super good so far! Started my day with another 6:00 a.m. date with Jane and this time I did 2 workouts, Level 2 of the Walking one, and Level 1 of the Fit & Strong.
    She was 72 when she made these dvd's, not sure how old she is now, but what a woman! Well a bionic woman, with her titanium and ceramic right hip and left knee! Oh I envy her new knee! I just cannot force myself to risk the side lunges she does in one part, I march briskly while she does them.lol

I am not weighing myself till Friday, not gonna do it! I know i have been honest and have worked out to boot, so I expect to lose some of that " FAIL " of gained and previously lost weight.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Sorry ladies I didn't weigh in yesterday, my weight watchers scale is on the fritz!!! Used my daughters and I am up 1.5 according to hers. Oh this has been a slow going process for me. Well it is a new week and onward and upward. good luck this week everyone!!
    Hi, TG! Oh, Hon, I hear ya about this being a slow-going process!
    I honestly don't know what's motivated me this time, after so many diets I've quit on..maybe it has to do with our trip two years ago...a cruise with lots of excursions involving a LOT of walking. I mean...who on earth LOSES weight on a cruise?! Me!
    And I'm sick and tired of feeling like the biggest one in the room....the one hiding in shirts over tank tops...and shopping in only TWO stores! I'm SO done with it all! I want to feel like I felt after that cruise. I started my diet a short time after putting most of the weight back on over the winter, and since then have taken 58lbs off! It's taken about a year, but truth be told, I never stuck to it on holidays, etc. I just hopped back on the wagon after misbehaving. Had I stuck to it, I may have lost it faster, but otoh, I probably would have just given up because it would have been to hard, sticking to it without any breaks. Now I have to realize that this isn't a "diet"...it's a new way of life, a new way of eating....like skinny people do! LOL!!!

You'll get there, Hon. It's a war, and sometimes we lose skirmishes, other times we come out on top. It's the war that counts, not the individual battles. As long as we win more than we lose, we're amazing, like Holly says!!!

Page 40 of 226 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread Information