User Tag List

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: Omg, dh and i are such suckers!!!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Awwwww look at that sweet baby!!!! You can tell she loves your hubby. What a darling!!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post

Try washing her with a little dishwashing detergent in warm water (avoid the scented ones, the perfumes might irritate).

Thank you for saving this little girl and giving her a wonderful home.
    I purchased a waterless foam shampoo at the pet store. I gave her the once over the day before yesterday. I also purchased a new born baby brush, and I used it to scrub her tiny body....she liked that part but wasn't so sure about the foam on her. Dh said she liked being a little piggy She smells much better now and it didn't seem to hurt her any. So I'll leave it at that and speak with the vet on Friday. My hopes are high for Maggie, and I think things are looking up. We have to rid her of the worms and any parasites she may have, and I'm still very cautious as heart worm is a huge thing down here, but she sure is a fighter! She WANTS to live, soooo, we're doing everything we can to make her wish come true!
    Andit, Lynn49 and gourmetsue like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Andit and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I can't see the pic at work (will check when I get home) but am very glad she's doing well! She is tiny so probably doesn't need a whole lot of food any way, relative to a bigger dog parasites are a big worry but you get her to the vet soon and that will be a big help! keep doing what you are doing
    Andit, Lynn49 and hollyquaiscer like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

what wonderful news about her activity and that she drank some, ate some more. Marley is the one I am most admiring right now, imagine putting herself second while you guys dote over Maggie. That is a gift right there. Keep doing what you are doing and soon Marley and Maggie will be frolicking non stop!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

OMG she is adorable....I can see how she stole your hearts. What a cutie (your DH too! haha)

So glad she ate more and drank yesterday YAY Maggie!!!
    Lynn49 and hollyquaiscer like this.

Strategic Shopper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh Holly she is darling! So very kind of you and dh to devote so much care to her. She has stolen many hearts including mine. I hope that everything gets sorted out at the vets. Thank you for keeping us updated. I have been checking in often to see if there is any news. The pic brought tears to my eyes. These babies are so helpless and I will never understand how someone could neglect them or cause them harm. Marley is awesome to be so accepting; he will have playmate and friend in her. Prayers and hugs and well wishes being sent your way....xoxoxoxo from one of Maggie's many, many fans.......Go Maggie go!!!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Holly, that pic before this one of her looking into the camera just made my heart ache for her. There's a tiny little soul in there that's fighting to survive or else she'd never have found you and your hubby. The suggestions here are wonderful and I wish I had something to add, but all I can say is bless you both for the love and care you're giving to a little helpless baby glrl...
    I know in the great scheme of things the life of a wee pup may not seem much to some people (our DD's friend's sister is in ICU fighting for her life right now), but I believe all life is worth saving and treating with great respect, and that pup will bring so much joy to your life as well as Marley's....All best wishes and prayers to the 3 of you and your wee pup, Maggie....
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I can only see one pic - the one of her on your dh's shoulder. - her little eyes seem to be saying "Thank-you, please help me!" She's found her place! We're all holding our breath until you can get to the vet. Whatever happens, her whole life since she met you has been one of love!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Oh my goodness, just seen the pic of her with DH. So adorable!!!!!
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Awwwww look at that sweet baby!!!! You can tell she loves your hubby. What a darling!!
    + 1
    The puppy probably likes Holly's DH chest tattoo

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    + 1
    The puppy probably likes Holly's DH chest tattoo
    Hahaha, they are so old and faded, probably 50 or so years old....yep that's right, you heard it here first, I loved the bad boys in my younger days,

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Hahaha, they are so old and faded, probably 50 or so years old....yep that's right, you heard it here first, I loved the bad boys in my younger days,
    Ooooh. Hollyquaiser - lover of bad boys. Well, if your DH was a bad boy, you lucked out girlfriend --looks like a good guy to me. Shhh. Don't tell him I said so -- his head will swell.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and sweetmomma like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm so happy that tomorrow is the day Maggie goes to the vets. She made it this far, so I have huge hopes and dreams for our tiny miss Maggie She only woke up twice last night, so dh and I got some sleep which was much needed. She's such a smart wee thing. She is now peeing on the puppy pads. Yesterday she woke up from her nap in the afternoon, dh put her on the floor, she walked across the living room and peed on the puppy pad all by herself. We didn't have to take her over. Everything I've read so far said that if they pee on one of those pads, it's by accident at this age, but she did it every time after that yesterday, and in the night as well. This morning after I fed her, I put her on the ground and she went right over there and peed on it again Now, if only we could get her to realize that those little peanuts she leaves under the table belong on the pad too

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I can see she is getting a bit stronger with each passing day as she is continuing to eat and drink since her initial first few days. I purchased some baby socks, the fluffy ones from the clearance bin at K-Mart yesterday and cut out a head and leg holes, and made a sweater out of it for her. I couldn't find any clothes for preemie puppies, and if we go outside to the truck or just when I hang the laundry and she's in my pocket, she shivers. I took a picture that I'll post later. She loves her sweater Marley was left with her again yesterday for a few hours, and when we got back, they were both snuggled in Marley's old doggie bed on the floor. Marley NEVER.....NEVER... uses that bed anymore (that's why we gave it to tiny Maggie. It was so cute. Marley loves to sit, or sleep on the back of the couch, that's her perch. I watched Maggie whine when Marley was up there and she wanted up but couldn't get there. Marley actually picked her up in her mouth (Maggie was squealing like a pig), and jumped up on the back of the couch and put Maggie up there, then went to the other end of the couch, turned around, laid down and just stared at the tiny one, so friggin cute! So that's all to report currently. Maggie is eating, drinking, pooping and peeing, she still has worms and these nasty bumps all over her body, she's scratching a lot, so I'll be so happy when 12:40 rolls around tomorrow to get the vet to look at her and give me whatever is required to get this tiny girl back to 100% health again. Will post a picture this afternoon of Maggie in the sweater I made for her. Thanks so much to everyone for your words of kindness and encouragement. It's been a battle with sleepless nights and lots of tears, but I'm confident we are WINNING!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information