User Tag List

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: Omg, dh and i are such suckers!!!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Oh no, I was hoping for a better update That is awful what they said to you on the phone... some people just don't get it. Your little Maggie is so lucky to have you and your DH- her guardian angels! I think she will pull through just fine... you've given her a much better life already and I'm sure she will be spoiled rotten! I'm sure I'm not the only one praying for your little darling and I'll continue to pray.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

what a sweetheart and now in it's forever home.
    Andit, Lynn49 and hollyquaiscer like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    S gave her a good little rub down, she likes her belly rubbed We bought more of the mousse, and she started drinking a tiny bit of water again, and eating some more, so I have my fingers crossed as we wait.....
    some good signs, eh?
    hoping for the best
    gwennad had some good suggestions, i think
    Andit, Lynn49 and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Oh Holly, I would be so mad as well! Maggie is very lucky to have found you and your loving home to take her in. I am still praying she pulls through, I have my fingers crossed and Sacha my fur baby has his paws crossed for Maggie too!

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Holly,

There are a few natural things you can do for Maggie. Go to Health Store and get Blackwalnut drops. Put ONE tiny drop (not a big fat drop because of her size) in her food. As well get some artemisia. Put a miniscule bit in her food. Both of these herbs make one's body a hostile environment for parasites and worms. I would start with the black walnut 1st and after a few days if she's doing well, start the artemisia. The process of the deworming isn't gonna make her feel too great either. . .poor little munchkin.

Just one thing. Do NOT give into the urge to increase the dose. It's medicine and she's tiny. . .so overdosing would be too much for her.
    Last edited by MortgageQueen; Tue, Jan 15th, 2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Andit, Lynn49, gourmetsue and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I can't believe you can't get a vet appointment sooner. What a sham. What about calling their version of the SPCA? They might be able to guide you in the right direction or have on call vets.
    Mia001, Andit, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

That guy on the phone was insensitive. If she died it would be the end of the world with her in it. Has he never lost a pet? Sad.
    You're taking good care of her and I'm glad she's drinking again.
    Last edited by SharonMe; Tue, Jan 15th, 2013 at 12:25 PM.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Oh, one other thing. When my cat was losing weight it was suggested to me to try baby food, the pure protein ones (chicken, beef etc, pureed in a jar, like Gerber). Those are pretty thin in consistency so might work to get her to eat something, apparently animals find it pretty tasty, again you can add water to make it more liquidy.
    You need to get her strength up so you can give her the dewormer, but definitly try the stuff suggested above.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Congrats on the new addition (you are an absolute saint for saving this little girl).

A couple of suggestions (hopefully something will be helpful).

How often are you feeding her? Maybe try to get a few drops into her every hour or so, instead of larger feedings more spaced out. Water down the puppy food until it`s almost a broth and get a few drops into her with an eye dropper if she won`t eat (or try using your fingers or a glove for her to suck on).

Check whether she`s dehydrated (that might make her feel yucky). It might be hard to check her gums (they should be pink). Another method is to gently pinch the back of her neck and test how quickly the skin goes back to its normal state (if it bounces right back, she`s ok, if it stays in place or seems clammy, she needs fluids).

In terms of getting to a vet, have you tried contacting dog rescues? They might have access to a vet or vet tech who can help.

I`d avoid the deworming for now (just know that Marley may need the pills too). Try washing her with a little dishwashing detergent in warm water (avoid the scented ones, the perfumes might irritate).

Thank you for saving this little girl and giving her a wonderful home.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thank you for all you are doing and the absolute kindness you are showing to this sweet animal. My friend just adopted a rescue dog and called her Maggie! What a lovely name! Come on Maggie! Hold on, sweetheart! A prayer to St. Francis for you!
    Andit, Natalka, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anxiously waiting for update and hoping it's a good one! Hang in there!!!!
    Andit, Lynn49, gourmetsue and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh I see holly, you were right to feel angry about the throw away attitude they seem to have about animal life. Maggie will fight, she also has all of us pulling for her!!

babies teach us acceptance

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Hoping that last night went a little better for you Holly! I think I can speak for all of us when I say that little Maggie has stolen all our hearts.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thanks all, I'm going to head out to the health food market (there is a really big one in McAllen) and get the black Walnut and Artemisia today. I won't give her the worming meds, I'll return them to the pet store today. I'm afraid they may do mare harm than good. I will try the walnut and hope for the best. Just 2 days till the vets! I'm so anxious. Yesterday, Maggie slept a lot. The mousse food she is eating is from royal canine and is for weaning puppies. It is very liquid, like a really louse mouse, and packed with tons of the things puppies need. At $8.99 for 3 little cans it's expensive but she is worth every penny. Yesterday she tried to eat Marleys kibbles too Dh went back to the pet store and got the same formula of mousse in a super tiny kibble form too. She ate about 6 kibbles! She drank out of a water bowl yesterday (well more like a water cap She actually played with Marley for a few minutes yesterday too, I think that's a great thing. She's still sleeping a lot but dh says she's gonna pull through cause she has lots of love and great parents, all 3 of us She still thinks dh is her mommy!
    abbasgirl, Andit, Lynn49 and 6 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Sorry about the huge picture, I'm having trouble with this new laptop, it's windows 8 and I cant load any more pictures to my album here, not sure why?
    Andit, walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information